Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

Pinnacle 36SSWS Slim Rack Slideout operation

Hello friends, This is my first post. We just purchased a 202 Pinnacle 36SSWS with the large driver side Slim Rack bedroom slideout. When travelling with the slideout retracted we cannot access the bathroom or bedroom. When we make a brief pitstop is it OK to operate this slide enough to squeeze in and out of the bathroom/bedroom hallway? In our previous 5th wheels with hydraulic slides we occassionally pulled into Walmart or Cracker Barrel for a few hours rest and never liked putting the slides all the way out in full campground mode. Do any of you folks have experience with partial deployment of this type of electric slide?

2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2013 Ram 3500 diesel dually, Aisin 3:42, Anderson Ultimate gooseball hitch, TPMS, Timbrens
fsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:58 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum and congrats we have done it in the past but ours now we are able to get to the bedroom and bathroom without letting out the slides, hope someone will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #3

I don't have the slim rack setup on any of my slide rooms, but I just did some quick research and found this thread which might be useful to you:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tem-61435.html

Apparently there is a similarity between the slim rack and Schwintek designs in that they use a controller that powers two drive motors which need to stay in sync. I have 4 Schwintek slides, and had them before on our earlier FR branded 5er, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

So I conclude that it is not a good idea to partially open or close the slim rack slide, same as the Schwintek.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zs387RDFS View Post
I don't have the slim rack setup on any of my slide rooms, but I just did some quick research and found this thread which might be useful to you:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tem-61435.html

Apparently there is a similarity between the slim rack and Schwintek designs in that they use a controller that powers two drive motors which need to stay in sync. I have 4 Schwintek slides, and had them before on our earlier FR branded 5er, so I'm pretty familiar with them.

So I conclude that it is not a good idea to partially open or close the slim rack slide, same as the Schwintek.
Correct. And hold the button for 5 seconds after the slide opens or closes to ensure they synch.
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:42 AM   #5

Both of these are made by Lippert. They are very similar. The swinteck the gear bar was mounted solid on the side of the slide top and bottom. Look up the lube procedure. Basically two blocks on each end behind the rubber seals need lubed occasionally. Also the rollers under the slide. Also behind the seal. Also know the resync procedure. It has two parts... Fully extended and fully retracted. If the slide starts coming in or going out racked time to lube and resync. I lube at least once a year.

YMMV
RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #6

Hello and welcome.

We have the same rig. We tend to travel in shorter hops 2-3 hours, 4 max and so have not had to open them en-route, but I sure it would be fine as long as you can eyeball the location to be pretty level. We have the washer and dryer in that slide in the hallway so, just like the kitchen, it's a lot to move. I would only move it as much as needed to get into the bathroom- It's a lot of draw on the batts, and if you have the residential fridge, your already drawing on them for that. And I'd keep the truck running; it's only a few amps but take what you can get. We upped the 2 lead acid G24's that the dealer gave us to 2 G27 AGM's and I feel that this helped.

I'm hoping that by now they fixed the bug with the bedroom door lock-out switch. It's supposed to allow you to extend the slide with the door in any position but allow retraction only if the door is locked open (so you don't crush the door). Ours won't allow slide extension if the door jumps the switch, such as when Joan drives and takes a set of double railroad tracks like she's Evil Kneevil. We've since shorted the switch wires in the basement until we get to the dealer in a couple of weeks. It's really been the only major issue we've had with the rig (well, there's the crack) and I have to think they have it solved by now.

We're coming up on almost a year and a half full time and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do our new home.

Oh, and that rule about holding the slide switch for 5 seconds after travel is only for the inner headboard slide (the Schwintek). The Slimracks and the dinette are normal. Took me the longest time to sort that out.

Cheers
Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #7

I agree with Angus, the SlimRack slide doesn't have a syncronization feature. So holding the switch when fully open or closed does nothing.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #8

When your folks with the 36SSWS arrive at your destination and begin the process opening things up, do you first open your smaller bed slide that is within the larger bedroom slideout? Or, do you open the larger bedroom slide first and then the small slide second?

2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2013 Ram 3500 diesel dually, Aisin 3:42, Anderson Ultimate gooseball hitch, TPMS, Timbrens
fsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimms View Post
When your folks with the 36SSWS arrive at your destination and begin the process opening things up, do you first open your smaller bed slide that is within the larger bedroom slideout? Or, do you open the larger bedroom slide first and then the small slide second?
You have to open the larger bedroom / Bathroom hallway first, in order to get to the switch for the smaller slide. Its in the bedroom. I don't use the app to open mine so not sure if you can open it with the app.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote