Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2018, 07:11 PM   #1

Pinnacle 37rlws issues

Looking for anyone else that has purchased a pinnacle 37rlws and any issues you have seen. We purchased our 2018 early this spring and is our first brand new jayco. We’ve had small issues with the fireplace, charging ports, slide adjustments, etc. The really big ones involved the plumbing, our shower was plumbed to our black tank, and our cabinets weren’t mounted to any studs and they were coming off the wall. (The dealer actually caught that one before they actually fell). Coming from being a forest river owner and just not having issues, I am most curious if these types of issues are due to a new floor plan or jayco in general. We love our floor plan and thought we were upgrading from our cedar creeks, but I’m starting to think the change to a new manufacturer might of been a mistake. Guess I’m looking for some reassurance that we didn’t just throw a boatload of money into a sinking ship. Your experience?
Dtsarff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a Pinnacle owner, but...
IMO, the big problems you stated (plumbing errors and cabinets not mounted correctly) sound like production errors in a new floor plan. IIRC, for another owner, the dealer didn't catch the cabinet problem that your dealer did and the cabinet fell off the wall!

Hopefully you'll hear from Pinnacle owners before too long.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:20 AM   #3

I think it is hit or miss and definitely agree with the other poster that it could be the new floor plan. We have a 2017 Pinnacle - 38 REFS. It has been basically bulletproof. We have a great dealer - Which really helps but, truthfully, the few issues we have had are so minor I can't even remember them. Really happy with the Pinnacle.
Fishermanbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:36 AM   #4

I too think the new floor plan has something to do with it. We are very happy with our Pinnacle, and like Fisherman’s, it’s been pretty much bullet proof. The few issues we do have are minor, and you’re going to find that with any rig.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #5

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Makes me a little less stressed over what we have seen so far
Dtsarff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #6

Stressed took 2 years and 11 months to get all the warranty completed on our 16 Eagle RSTS.Would not wait any longer to get warranty started.Our experience was Jayco and the dealer were all ways trying to time us out on the warranty! Didn't work thanks.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #7

pinnacle quality ??

We bought a new 2017 pinnacle 37 rsts last October.
Have 3 trips, 1500 miles and 17 nights. Has been a real pleasure to own, occupy and travel with. Our first 5er and we are very happy with it.
A couple of minor issues that I have fixed myself, but for the most part
everything has worked only have been very minor cosmetic issues,
Have not been back to the dealer with the unit, and not had to have any warranty work. We love our fiver, going extended stay in 2 weeks.

2017 gmc denali, cc, lb, drw, Duramax diesel, curt 25 q.
2017 37 rsts pinnacle.
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #8

37rlws

We purchased a 2018 37rows in November. Spent winter in Vegas. Issue with hot water heater connection and furnace. Repaired and Jaco reimbursed for the expense. Made appointment at Jaco factory for some minor cosmetic and trim issues.
Since leaving Vegas on May 13th we have suffered the following.
Bedroom slide stopped working, (had to reset controller every time slide needed to extend or retract)
Left rear jack went 8nto fault and can not be cleared so no auto leveling.
Furnace work's when it chooses.
Bedroom slide motor ceased to function. Can not extend slide.
Jayco says we will have to deal with in until we get there.
Wife very stressed.
Appointment with Jayco Tuesday
Will update after service
rtgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:55 PM   #9

Wow, yeah it's hit and miss.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #10

Funny you mentioned Forest River.
My 2009 cedar creek it was never at the dealer and I never did any work to it.
Sold it and bought my North Point and it’s been in the dealers driveway more than it’s been in my driveway.
Huge amount of frustration and missed camping trips
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgermain View Post
We purchased a 2018 37rows in November. Spent winter in Vegas. Issue with hot water heater connection and furnace. Repaired and Jaco reimbursed for the expense. Made appointment at Jaco factory for some minor cosmetic and trim issues.
Since leaving Vegas on May 13th we have suffered the following.
Bedroom slide stopped working, (had to reset controller every time slide needed to extend or retract)
Left rear jack went 8nto fault and can not be cleared so no auto leveling.
Furnace work's when it chooses.
Bedroom slide motor ceased to function. Can not extend slide.
Jayco says we will have to deal with in until we get there.
Wife very stressed.
Appointment with Jayco Tuesday
Will update after service
Update:
Dropped off the rig at Jayco factory service on Tuesday morning. Deb, from customer service called Tuesday afternoon with update that all major repairs (slide, Jacks &furnace) were completed and some trim work repaired, linoleum was glued this morning (Wednesday) and the rig should be ready for pick tomorrow at noon. Fingers crossed that all repairs wee done well and no further problems will be encountered. Asked Jayco for some consideration for the inconvenience of not having full access to the bedroom for several days and not being able to use the leveling system for more than a week. Jayco was not receptive to anything using the excuse "That's why there is a warranty"
No the warranty is there to provide a means to have the repairs done. To give a customer a little consideration for inconvenience due to repairs being required is just good customer relations.
Having spent 18 years in hospitality I understand how much can be gained can be given to a company by a little good will given to a customer to aleviate any bad feeling from a problem with a product
rtgermain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
37rlws, pinnacle, pinnacle 5th wheel