Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #1

Pinnacle 38FLWS warranty, or lack of!

Purchased a 2018 Pinnacle 38FLWS in April of 2019. Got it new from an out of state dealership. Great buying experience!! The camper is as nice as they come. I have had a dozen or so small things go wrong and one rather big one. Now it's important to know that i'm on a seasonal site with a large deck and moving the unit is logistically difficult. I'm handy so most items I simply have repaired myself. For example Had a defective spark control on the water heater, called Atwood and they sent a new one. Perfect. Other fit and finish items, wiring issues, and a door striker problem I repaired easily enough. This past weekend I noticed water leaking from a return air duct in the ceiling after washing and treating my rubber roof. Alarmed to say the least I contacted Jayco by email, no response. Tried again and no response. Tried my local dealer, they said there not accepting new customers?? How can this be? Called Jayco and after a 45 minute hold talked to a representative about my problem. Told her about the local dealers refusal to do the work. Her response was that Jayco has no control over dealership policies, so i asked about mobile repair, Jayco will not pay for mobile repair service fees, they offered to send parts to a non Jayco dealer but would not assist with scheduling or pay the labor. I also asked about recouping my labor for repairing this my self, Jayco said no. Now I have water coming in my roof!! This needs repaired now!! with no other option I pulled my rear A/C unit and put the seal back in place that was obviously never installed correctly. I also repaired several poorly installed tape joints in the duct work. The Jayco 2 year best in class warranty is as useless as the paper it's written on! Jayco needs to do something about this!! Rant over
Pinnacle Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #2

Your experience with the local dealer is nothing new and has been discussed on JOF 100's of times. That is why JAYCO preaches buy local. Dealers are not franchised the same as auto dealers since they sell products from numerous manufacturers.

As to getting mobile service you need to ask if they have a mobile tech in the area that they work with. In that case JAYCO will cover the waranty work, but not the trip charge.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #3

For the money spent there should be may different ways to accommodate the customer. I'm likely to continue to repair the unit on my own and live with the sour taste of being sold empty promises. My skill level exceeds the dealership hacks anyhow and I'll take the time to correct the short cuts that were made during production. What do you expect for $100,000.00 anyway
Old 09-24-2019, 02:11 PM   #4

Remove the cover on the inside of the AC and check the 4 bolts that hold it to the camper, if loose they allow water to leak thru the soft rubber gasket on the roof
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #5

Yes the gasket was installed wrong as my post explains, I removed the A/C unit and got the gasket into the correct position and bolted her back down. Leak fixed. Thanks for the advice.