Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #1

Question Pinnacle 4 point level system - How do you level your Pinnacle?

Could someone please explain to me how the Optional Pinnacle 4 point level system works? Pros and Con's?
Pictures would be awesome! Thanks so much!
crazy4cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #2

I ordered a new 2012 36 RETS with the 4 point leveling system on it from the factory in May and got it in August without it on. The factory said they were having problems with the system so they did not install it. Needless to say the dealer was a little surprised when it came in without it on( so was I). They never told the dealer that they were not going to put it on, they just built it without and shipped it. They told the dealer that they could get me one by Sept if I really wanted one with it on so we decided to take the one we ordered. That is all I know about it.
Skipncarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:56 AM   #3

We are ordering our Pinnacle 35LKTS tomorrow, 9/23. I am not ordering it with the self leveling system. When I asked the sales person about it, he told me that after they retract, they store in a horizontal position whereas they are exposed to dirt and grime. How accurate this is, I don't really know as I have not actually seen them on a unit. Since the rear jacks are electric, I figure this is enough convenience for me and I don't want the added headache if there may be problems with the auto leveling system. I've read about a lot of problems with the systems on Motor homes so I just don't want to mirror them to my fifth wheel. Anyway, I've added enough options without increasing the price any further.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #4

Does anyone know the BRAND of the 4 point leveling system?

I have heard a lot of good things about leveling systems and how happy people are with them. Since we have never camped in anything other than a tent and a popup we feel we need something to help us get things level because neither one of us are crazy about the idea of using boards (hauling them around either) or plastic legos to level a 16,000 lb house!

We haven't found very good information on the internet of pictures or videos on how to level an RV (without a level system) the size and weight of the Pinnacle either!

Anyone want to take a crack at that?

Some people tell us NOT to get the 4 point level system from Jayco but to have the Big Foot system installed after. Any thoughts on this?

Can't we get this new rig to level without buying more "stuff"?

Do we really need JT Strong arm stabilizers TOO!!??
crazy4cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #5

They are Atwood Level System: http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/chassis/atwood_jacks.pdf
Scroll down to page 30.
We have not had any issues with ours. This is the first fifth wheel with them on it and so far we love it.
As far as the remark from the dealer: "When I asked the sales person about it, he told me that after they retract, they store in a horizontal position whereas they are exposed to dirt and grime."...the rear ones are the same setup as the front landing gear and used in the same fastion, so I dont understand this comment.
Easy as: Unhook from truck, Push auto and let it do its thing.
Pinnacleproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #6

http://www.rvtechlibrary.com/exterior.htm This is a very useful link for information you might like:
Pinnacleproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #7

The Auto Leveling System was not available on our model year Pinnacle so I installed the Reico Titan 4 Point Electric Leveling System about a week ago here at Stone Mountian CG.

We will be moving from Atlanta's Stone Mountian to Mrytle Beach SC, then to Savannah GA over the next few weeks, will be our first time moving and setting up with the new system. Looking forward to eaiser setup with the new Leveling System.

Also did a little maintenance / mods to our large Schwinteck Slide while we were here, tested it yesterday and it seems to work much better.
These couple of moves we are getting ready to make over the next few weeks will tell the tale on the slide operation.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #8

A first!!!

Out last weekend at a great CG at the base of the Eastern Sierra's outside od Reno. Only problem was the asphalt sites are old and very uneven. Not a problem because of the auto-leveling system.

2nd day we were sitting around and looked under the rig and saw light under the wheels on the off door side...thought I was seeing things. Went around and sure enough could spin the wheels!!

Did not know that the electric auto leveling system could actually lift the rig (one side) off the ground...surprise surprise!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #9

Might come in handy if you unfortunately have to change a tire out...just thinking outloud here. I know my 365BHS has it installed on it, but have not parked it anywhere that was not already level.
imaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaynard View Post
Might come in handy if you unfortunately have to change a tire out...just thinking outloud here. I know my 365BHS has it installed on it, but have not parked it anywhere that was not already level.
You are lucky, it seems every time we stop, we never have a level site
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote