Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #1

Pinnacle

We are thinking about getting a 2019 Pinnacle 36ssws for full timing. I知 looking for others that have a Pinnacle to see what they like and dislike about it (does that weird shower door in the 36ssws let water spray out of the shower?). What kind of truck that you have to pull it.
I know that floor plan in the 36ssws shows that the washer/dryer are side by side in different cabinets, but can they be stacked in one cabinet?
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #2

Cant answer questions about 36SSWS but we love our 36RSQS. I have towed it with my 2500 gasser but now tow with a 3500 diesel dually.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
We are thinking about getting a 2019 Pinnacle 36ssws for full timing. I知 looking for others that have a Pinnacle to see what they like and dislike about it (does that weird shower door in the 36ssws let water spray out of the shower?). What kind of truck that you have to pull it.
I know that floor plan in the 36ssws shows that the washer/dryer are side by side in different cabinets, but can they be stacked in one cabinet?
We considered the 36 SSWS but thought the closet space in the bedroom was really lacking despite being able to use the washer dryer closets for extra space. We decided to order the 37RLWS. A lot more closet space since we will be full timing it also. Will be pulling it with our present rigg, 3500 RAM Dually. Would not pull one with less of a truck. They don't show it but there is a half tall shower door that slides closed to prevent water from splashing out. Take a look at the 37RLWS, I think you will prefer it!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
They don't show it but there is a half tall shower door that slides closed to prevent water from splashing out. Take a look at the 37RLWS, I think you will prefer it!
We saw the half door on the bottom of the shower, wished it was a whole door. Was wondering if the water sprays out of the top half. I agree that the closet space is limited, but the DW fell in love with the floor plan. We do have a couple requirement for a new RV, has to have a kind bed, washer/dryer not in the closet, double sinks in the bathroom (or 1 1/2 bath). We also liked the 36fbts and I think that would be our second choice. I liked that it had a nice closet, but since the master bathroom had 2 sinks, it could do away with the half bath.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:46 PM   #5

We looked at all of the above mentioned Pinnacles, although the wife really liked the front sitting area she preferred the front closet due to more space. We aren't FT so no need for washer and dryer (yet). We really liked the floorplan and kitchen on the KPTS, but since we are still camping with kids it was between the REFS and the MDQS. In the end, there were 2 MDQS in different interior colors in stock at our local dealership.

Imho, any coach in this line (except the 32RLTS) is in dually territory...

Good luck with your purchase! We take ours out on it's maiden voyage this weekend....

1GreatScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #6

Dippytwo, I am sure I will get comments on this but, in regard to what to pull with. I have a 2017 MDQS and I pull with a 16 RAM 2500 Diesel, no sweat! Now all the weight police will chime in and have their say, but, I will assure you, I have no problems, hills, highway or otherwise. Would a dually be better? Maybe, but does the dually come with a better driver? Just my 2 cents worth. Happy camping Dude. SKIDAWG
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
Ruger, Rhodesian Ridgebacks
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #7

OH, BTW, please, no comments about my football team. I am still numb and in disbelief...............................What a wake up call..................
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Old 01-23-2019, 10:49 AM   #8

Quote:
We purchased the 2019 36ssws in November. We use it stationary in a park set up close for husband’s job. We use a transporter since our truck can not carry that much of a load. The water doesn’t spray out at all- we were surprised. We have the Splendide combo W/D which the dealer installed and vented. That way we have more storage room. We are surprised at actually how much storage we actually do have. LOVE the extended room in the master bedroom.
TerriThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #9

We have the 36 FBTS & wife loves it, except for the 1/2 bath as you walk in the door. She would rather have had a larger pantry. With that said, wife also had 2 knee replacements in 2017 (May & December) & on our trip to South Carolina in 2018, she was thankful for the downstairs bathroom. There is enough room in the master bath to place the "Litter Robot" for the 3 cats. That is the biggest reason wife loves it - in our previous 5vr, the litter box was right by my side of the bed & wife felt bad but there was no other room in the unit for it.

The one thing wife sometimes wishes - we had gotten the queen bed so there would be more room to walk around the bed. But again, with 3 cats, that would have been crowded.

Oh, now we have a Great Dane puppy. Not sure where she is going to travel.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidawg View Post
OH, BTW, please, no comments about my football team. I am still numb and in disbelief...............................What a wake up call..................
I won稚 make any comments on your team if you don稚 make comments on my team, OKLAHOMA. Go OU.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriThompson View Post
The water doesn稚 spray out at all- we were surprised. We have the Splendide combo W/D which the dealer installed and vented. That way we have more storage room. We are surprised at actually how much storage we actually do have. LOVE the extended room in the master bedroom.
I know my DW will be glad to hear about the shower and that you can stack a washer/dryer. That wil give us a little more storage. I know she loves the bedroom with the bench.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:06 PM   #12

Dippytwo, you guys are getting a GREAT Quarterback and I hope he continues the Heisman trend at OU for you guys. Thanks to Jalen Hurts for what he did for himself and Alabama Football. Great Kid !!!!!!
2022 RAM 3500 6.7L
ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
I know my DW will be glad to hear about the shower and that you can stack a washer/dryer. That wil give us a little more storage. I know she loves the bedroom with the bench.
We actually got the combo not a stackable. I don’t believe the stackable will work. The combo has worked fairly well though since it was vented. And BTW... BOOMER!
Old 01-24-2019, 12:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriThompson View Post
We actually got the combo not a stackable. I don稚 believe the stackable will work. The combo has worked fairly well though since it was vented. And BTW... BOOMER!
I'm curious to know which combo you went with? I hate the idea of loosing all the space with a stackable but I heard combo units either don't wash good or don't dry enough.

1GreatScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #15

Quote:
We have a pinnacle 37RSTS and love it! It has been really good to us and we pull it with a 2017 F-350 dually diesel. The truck pulls it very good and it's nice and stable. I really like the truck and trailer comb
2020 F-450 Lariat 6.7l CCLB DRW
rkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #16

We had the dealer install and vent the Splendide 2100xc (wd2100xc). It definitely isn’t up to a residential size but does fine for items like regular clothing, sheets, socks and towels. My husbands heavy coveralls used for work? Not so much. Having it vented makes a huge difference in the drying. NEW Splendide 2100XC (WD2100XC) washer-dryer
Old 01-24-2019, 06:39 PM   #17

We have the Pinnacle 36KPTS. We love it and the DW loves all of the counter space. The shower does not splash on the floor with the half door closed. We did have an issue with the shower door sticking that is getting fixed under warranty. There was times we had to shower with that half door open and it only splashed a little on the floor. Not bad at all.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:00 AM   #18

We just bought the Pinnacle 2019 36 saws in December. We have had one weekend trial run and all went well but still figuring systems out. This Monday we move in for 5 days. Our house is on the market and we move in FT April 1.

We were expecting a stacked laundry but ended up with side by side. We can see after the fact that the stack would not have worked, but I am the one losing the closet and I知 ok with it. We got rid of a lot of things and there is so much storage elsewhere.

We bought a Ford F-350 crewcab longbed DRW turbo diesel lariat. It is comfortable and easy to drive. The 4 hour drive home from the dealer was a breeze considering that this is our first RV. After running numbers on gross, axle and pin weights, then talking with other experienced truckers, we feel we made a good choice.

Shower door seems fine but we are still working on water pressure. We know from other tips here that we have to consider removing a flow restriction and getting an Oxygenics shower head. Then we hope we have a splashing problem.

We値l be adding 4 cats and 4 small dogs to the mix.

-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:21 PM   #19

Hey DippyTwo
Getting back to the shower question, we have conducted clinical trials and have a report:
We too have found that the water does not normally splash out. I did get water outside when I used the telephone shower handle to rinse the inside of the half-door. The slide track does not drain well back to the inside. So we'll clean with windex when we do the mirrors anyway. We spray our shower doors with Wet'n Forget anyway due to hard local water.

FWIW we were able to get the water flow from the shower to be comfortable by removing the flow restrictor at the base of the flex hose. We were each able to take showers back-to-back of modest length -enough to wash hair- and maintain consistent temps without running out of hot water. Not as powerful as home of course but comfortable enough.

Good luck with your deliberations.
-Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #20

Quote:
We just ordered a 2019 Pinnacle 37RLWS and have noticed that they no longer offer the on demand water heater as an option. I liked ours in our North Point. Guess the overall popularity didn't warrant it as an option anymore.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote