Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #21
BLK

Is your unit a 36SSWS? Jayco had a TSB on these units just for this reason. TSB # 18-014. There is a limit switch that proves that the bedroom door is closed so the slide can operate. If the slide is "in" and the door becomes disengaged from the interlock, the slide will not work. A really dumb idea that Jayco had. The interlock should only work on retracting the slide and not on extending it. The TSB will fix this issue.
BLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:08 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
So we roll into camp yesterday and the big bedroom slide won't go out.
This is Schwintec with in-wall motors so there is no way to hand crank, I just find out. We will be here for 4 months but that slide blocks the bathroom and bedroom access.

So far I have...
Located the controller and tried manual override mode.
Swapped the motor wire harnesses on the controller to see if one side of the controller is out.

Jayco tech support is out of ideas. Lippert sent documentation but it is much of the above.

Trouble getting local techs here. they are all swamped after the holiday.

Anybody have any anecdotes, ah-ha moments or any other ideas?

We can sleep another night on the couches and use the campground baths, but really need access to clothes, meds and all our stuff!

At least the heat pumps are keeping up with 98 degrees and no shade.

-Angus
Check out this site,, <Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf>
Vettnut69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK View Post
Is your unit a 36SSWS? Jayco had a TSB on these units just for this reason. TSB # 18-014. There is a limit switch that proves that the bedroom door is closed so the slide can operate. If the slide is "in" and the door becomes disengaged from the interlock, the slide will not work. A really dumb idea that Jayco had. The interlock should only work on retracting the slide and not on extending it. The TSB will fix this issue.

Son of a ....(can't say it here)... That was it.

This was the first thing I thought of when we first had the problem. But the chicken-and-egg conundrum was that I could never get to that door with the slide closed. And I could not break into the bedroom through the window. I even asked tech support about that and they said that the switch should not affect slide extension. After we bypassed the power to get the slide out, I toyed with the door to test my (and your) theory, but no joy. Now, after reading your post a minute ago, I went back and added some more "discipline" and the slide works perfectly. Son of a ....

That door has always been a problem - or not. Prior to the PDI, the door never closed right. At the actual PDI, it closed, but we felt that they held their breath and ran like heck for the door when we signed the contract because it has never closed since. We really didn't care since we don't have kids and will not expect guests beyond our 4 dogs and 4 cats.

Next tuesday we go to a regional dealer for a factory recall for the awning wiring and we will bring this up. I have of course spoken to Jayco during this ordeal and they did not mention the "TSB" that you quoted. If I have to, I will just short the switch.

BLT, I don't just owe you a beer, we owe you a prime steak dinner. We will be in FLA for the fall then up the panhandle. Keep in touch!

Son of a ...........

Get me another glass of wine....

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:57 AM   #24
BLK

Glad I was able to help! And glad to hear from another 36SSWS owner. Would be interested in hearing about other issues you have with your unit. Our unit has been at Camping World for 6 months now (and still not sure when we will get it back) getting all the TSB's, Safety Recall and side panel stress crack fixed. Very disappointed in Jayco and extremely frustrated with Camping World.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #25

BLK And Angus. We also have a 2019 36SSWS and was wondering if you can give me tips on how to get the Auto level system to work correctly ? How many boards and what size boards do you use ? Someone with a Montana told me 3 boards 2X10 under the Back and 2 under the Middle with 0 in the front works for him. Is it the same with a Pinnicle 36SSWS ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
BLK And Angus. We also have a 2019 36SSWS and was wondering if you can give me tips on how to get the Auto level system to work correctly ? How many boards and what size boards do you use ? Someone with a Montana told me 3 boards 2X10 under the Back and 2 under the Middle with 0 in the front works for him. Is it the same with a Pinnicle 36SSWS ?
I think the leveling issue is more common to the Pinnacles regardless of model. The other day I took the advice of a previous post and did not extend the inner leg of the landing gear at all. Just extended the front to unhitch, hit the auto level on my One Control app and let it do its thing. No "out of stroke" and no lifting of the tires off the ground. I'm on a gravel site, no boards, no leggos............just jack pads.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I think the leveling issue is more common to the Pinnacles regardless of model. The other day I took the advice of a previous post and did not extend the inner leg of the landing gear at all. Just extended the front to unhitch, hit the auto level on my One Control app and let it do its thing. No "out of stroke" and no lifting of the tires off the ground. I'm on a gravel site, no boards, no leggos............just jack pads.
Thanks. That's the way I been doing it with no luck. Also it was a Northpoint owner that suggested the 2X10 boards not a Montana Owner.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 06-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #28
BLK

Most of the time I do not have any issues with the auto level. Although there have been a few times I have had to make some adjustments with boards and retry the leveling. Just depends on the lay of the land. But I usually end up using two 1" thick boards under each jack. my question to you is how does your rig tow? Any chucking issues?? we have the same type of truck (2018 Chevy 3500 dually)and using a Morryde pin box and a Curt hitch. We get a lot of chucking, so much it makes the drive very uncomfortable.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #29

I have no problem with towing. Don't even know its back there. In stop and go traffic is the only time I can feel a little movement. But I think that's normal when towing. I have the same hitch as you. My TT did the same thing with my 1500 HD Chevy Silverado .

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 06-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #30

BLK I am sorry I don't have the Curt Hitch, I Have the Pull Rite 18K Hitch with the Morryde pin box. My Diesel is a Long Box but I think All Chevy 3500hd Dully's are.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 06-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK View Post
Most of the time I do not have any issues with the auto level. Although there have been a few times I have had to make some adjustments with boards and retry the leveling. Just depends on the lay of the land. But I usually end up using two 1" thick boards under each jack. my question to you is how does your rig tow? Any chucking issues?? we have the same type of truck (2018 Chevy 3500 dually)and using a Morryde pin box and a Curt hitch. We get a lot of chucking, so much it makes the drive very uncomfortable.
How old is your Curt hitch?
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:36 AM   #32
BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
How old is your Curt hitch?
My Curt hitch is new. Only used several times. It is a 20K hitch.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #33

We have a Curt 25 hitch. Not that we knew any better; it's what the dealer installed. It seems to work since the Pinnacle follows us faithfully.

We get chucking / hobby-horsing but usually just on interstate bridges. I think it's all about harmonics and hunting for the right speed on a given surface seems to help.

Getting back to auto-level, we don't move around a lot so we don't get a lot of practice. Last two times however we had luck putting 2 lego blocks under each pad- a third if the ground is low on one side. We drop the front legs to within 4-6" of the pads and have not had out-of-stroke errors since.

We drive the house to a dealer in Pooler on Tuesday for the awning/ wiring recall repair and will try it again then.

-Angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Old 06-07-2019, 07:36 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
We have a Curt 25 hitch. Not that we knew any better; it's what the dealer installed. It seems to work since the Pinnacle follows us faithfully.

We get chucking / hobby-horsing but usually just on interstate bridges. I think it's all about harmonics and hunting for the right speed on a given surface seems to help.

Getting back to auto-level, we don't move around a lot so we don't get a lot of practice. Last two times however we had luck putting 2 lego blocks under each pad- a third if the ground is low on one side. We drop the front legs to within 4-6" of the pads and have not had out-of-stroke errors since.

We drive the house to a dealer in Pooler on Tuesday for the awning/ wiring recall repair and will try it again then.

-Angus
Thanks

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 06-12-2019, 08:13 AM   #35

The only thing we know is the advise given us. Always after opening or closing a slide keep your finger on the control and count to 10. You can actually hear the gear/motor set when you do this. We were told this keeps the slides in alignment so they will not get stuck. I realize this will not help you now. Possibly in the future though. We have a 2016 Jayco Precept with 3 slides
Rconhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 PM   #36

Jayco recommended to me an app to download to smartphone or tablet called "My LCI" and it is loaded with videos and documentation for just about all Lippert components.

There are vids about re-synchronizing slide motors, Electronic override, lubrication, etc. It is a kludgy app that needs a fast data feed to use, but worth it at any rate.
-Angus
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats