Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #1

Pinnacle - Connect Tow Battery to RV Battery

I want to install a 4 AWG battery connection between my Pinnacle and my F350. It will be a second, 2 pin umbilical between the two. A quick connect jumper cable if you will.

My question to the forum is how do I pull that wire from the RV hitch area where the existing tow vehicle plug-in cable back to the battery compartment. I have not started pulling things apart yet, and thought it wold be a good idea to ask here first!

Many Thanks!
rldoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #2

I pulled a wire for backup lights on our Eagle. What I did was disconnect one of the wires off the embilical connection at the king pin and found where the wires came in to the front compartment. Wiggled it back and forth to make sure it wasn't tied down in the overhang. Taped a cord to it at king pin end and pulled it into front compartment slowly. Then tied and taped my backup light wire to it and used the cord to pull the original and my backup light wire back out to the king pin.
Worked for me on our trailer. Reconnected to embilical and hooked up the backup light wire to the center conductor in the 7pin connector which was a yellow wire that was in the embilical.

YMMV
RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #3

Thanks!

I had dared not hope it wold be a straight shot, but that would be awesome. I will give that a shot for sure.

Thanks!
rldoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, pinnacle, tow vehicle, wire fishing