Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2024, 09:11 AM   #1
BJK

Pinnacle floor

I have a 32ft 2020 5th wheel Pinnacle and the screws in the kitchen and living area floor keep coming up through the vinal floor . Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what was done to fix it .
BJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 09:20 PM   #2

Man that sounds like terrible problem, factory defect for sure. Call Jayco and ask for advice is all I can think of.
Redneck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 02:31 AM   #3

I have had that problem with 2 screws in the kitchen. I cut an "X" on top of the Phillips screw head thru the vinyl, just enough to get the screw out. I then applied Loctite Blue to the threads and reinserted the screws.
Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Toad
2008 Honda Gold Wing Level 3
1968 Honda CT90
stu stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 06:33 PM   #4
BJK

I called the dealer and Jayco both said it was past the warranty. I have a 5 year extended warranty but it only covers mechanical stuff like when my rear spring broke off the frame a few months ago while going down the freeway in Az. . Extended warranty covered it all . All roads are really getting bad ,even the patch work has holes in them . I too have two screws that keep coming up ,I'll try what you did , thanks .
Old 04-22-2024, 06:44 PM   #5

Stu…very smart.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 09:36 PM   #6

I had same problem with 2015 pinnacle….yes..loctitie works pretty good…
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2024, 08:38 AM   #7

Just dropped my 2022 Pinnacle to dealer tp address a fastener that is pushing on the entry vinyl under warranty. Dealer said they plan to have a flooring company cut the vinyl, remove it then seal it to make the slit disappear.
Old 05-01-2024, 06:37 PM   #8
BJK

I hope it turns out looking good for you . I cut the X in the floor and took the bolt out and put a little Lucite on it and replaced it . Then put a little glue below the X and like advised and so far looks good .
Old 05-01-2024, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp CA View Post
Just dropped my 2022 Pinnacle to dealer tp address a fastener that is pushing on the entry vinyl under warranty. Dealer said they plan to have a flooring company cut the vinyl, remove it then seal it to make the slit disappear.
They don't want to remove the bolt, it's holding the floor to the frame. As previously mentioned they want to use Lock-Tite and reinstall it.
Old 05-04-2024, 12:20 PM   #10

My fix

Had the same problem, hereís what I was able to do. I cut the vinyl under the kitchen cabinet bolt that was coming up, where it wouldnít be seen, removed the bolt, it was a self tapper. Took it down and found some identical replacements, and some nuts that were a close fit (donít make nuts for self tapperís). Used the bolt to make the nuts run up the bolts easier. crawled underneath and made accesses in the cloropath. Took two nuts and placed them on the bolt, (along with a washer for the next step)tightened them together to lock, and used them to tighten the bolts back down. I then ran the nuts up tight and locked them together to prevent the bolts from ever loosening again. Did this to every one I could reach. Havenít had a problem since (4 years and counting). It was a pain in the @$$, but was well worth it
robert5733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:40 PM   #11

Same happened to our 2020 Seneca 37TS. Right in the middle of the floor in front of the refrigerator. Our dealer sucks. We screwed it back in and put a rug over it.
Cavemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 03:28 PM   #12

Screws coming up through floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK View Post
I have a 32ft 2020 5th wheel Pinnacle and the screws in the kitchen and living area floor keep coming up through the vinal floor . Was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what was done to fix it .
Hi, had this happen with our 2018 Red Hawk class C. I had it in for a few minor repairs thinking the shop would have to cut the vinyl flooring and patch something. The repairman said they fixed it by going underneath and using vice grips to turn the screw back down. Whatever the process was, it's all fixed now.
KentheJeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 07:28 AM   #13

Just did a fix on our 28.5rsts but it was a nail coming up in doorway to bedroom. Just cut a three- sided "flap" and lifted up the vinyl and pulled the nail out and glued it back down. I used tape and a straight edge to mark my cuts.
Incampnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 11:46 AM   #14

Common Issue

We have had the same problem with our Seneca, had it repaired twice under warranty and now it has happen again and we have been told sorry about your luck your warranty has expired.
It has always been the same 3 bolts and Jayco must know they have a problem but are unwilling to redesign or re engineer the issue.
We also have spider web cracking on the rear cap around one of the tail lights, same story, sorry your warranty is expired.
The dealer Traveland RV and Jayco both walked away from our issue.

So good luck in your repair.
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote