Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #1

pinnacle kpts stackable washer dryer

Sorry if this is a dumb question.. but I am new to RV'ing.... I just bought a 2019 pinnacle 36kpts.. and I am planning on getting a stackable washer and dryer... I think I am going with the splendide...

I went down to the dealer lot today as I haven't officially taken delivery yet. I see the shelving that has to be removed for the units... and I saw the water inlet, and drain connections.. however I don't recall seeing a dryer vent?

did I miss something? or do you have to cut a hole in the unit and install your own vent?

Thanks!
John
jspfeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #2

The vent is installed by who ever puts the appliance in.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 09:05 PM   #3

Hi... Thanks so much!!!. Learning as I go... ��
Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 AM   #4

We just had a splendid installed last month. In your RV packet Their should be a paper telling you where to drill, however I let the dealership do it. Total cost was for washer/dryer install was around $2100. Camping World had a $59.00 install special that we couldn't pass up. And, they offered (via Splendide) an additional 2yr warranty. The shelves were given back to us and I have installed 2 new shelves elsewhere in the camper already. We have had our North Point for 18mo now and wish we had it installed at the time of purchase. Additionally, we purchased a tri-pod for the front. It really helps during the spin cycles.
Good luck.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #5

Awesome thanks so much for the great post...that helped a lot. I'm going to live in it full time ... I am out of state for a job and trying to make it my home away from home
Old 10-06-2020, 06:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roe View Post
Do you think washer dryer or stackable better? I am still dividing them. Who used it can give me advice?
Stacked. Dries faster and also you can wash second load while first is drying.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #7

ditto on the separate units. We have a combo unit i our. Work perfectly well, just takes longer to complete.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:17 PM   #8

Congrats on the new rig, welcome to the forum and good luck.

We have the Spledide units but ours are side by side as they could not stack in our Pinnacle floor plan. They work well and are reliable and we run them just about every day year round. Joan insists that they are the key to full time and without them we would be back to a stix and brix.

The only limitation with them is the heavy bedding items like comforters. We just got the Beddy system (https://tinyurl.com/y2k9e8a9). The Beddy solves the problem of making a bed in the narrow confines of an RV, but the zip-apart top and bottom components are each too big for the splendide. They will physically fit, but they are often too heavy to allow the spin cycle to run**. So once a week we will have to cry uncle and go the RV Park machines.

**Fun fact I just learned last week: The Splendide has a logic routine that senses a potential out-of-balance condition before the spin cycle. It will attempt to re-balance the load by switching tumble directions a few times. If it fails to re-balance the load, it will simply finish the wash without the spin (followed by 5 hours in the dryer). This normally only happens when there are large towels or other heavy items.

Angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #9

Washer Dryer

My 2013 Pinnacle KTPS has an electrical outlet that is labeled washer/dryer, yet there is no faucet or drain line. I see from the above thread the dryer vent is done at installation of the dryer.
Shouldn't there be a hot and cold faucet and drain line already plumbed to connect to?
ToddM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:57 AM   #10

That should be KPTS
ToddM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddM View Post
My 2013 Pinnacle KTPS has an electrical outlet that is labeled washer/dryer, yet there is no faucet or drain line. I see from the above thread the dryer vent is done at installation of the dryer.
Shouldn't there be a hot and cold faucet and drain line already plumbed to connect to?
It's probably behind a wall panel in the closet.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote