Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #1

Pinnacle Owners Help Please

We will be ordering new pinnacle 35lkts or Montana 3400 this fall. Has anyone owned a Montana that can give me some thoughts on each unit. The pinnacle is 40 ft. And Montana is 37 ft. I am leaning toward jayco but like both units. Thanks for ant thoughts and ideas on both.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #2

No experience with a Montana but I am on my 3rd Jayco product. My most recent is a 2012 Eagle 351RLTS. I am happy
will_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #3

We looked at the Montana along with other 5th Wheel brands / models several times before purchasing our Pinnacle.

The Montana has some nice features / floorplans, but the in the end the Wife liked the Pinnacle a little better and I liked the price on the Pinnacle better.

The Montana only had a 1 year warranty, Pinnacle has 2 year warranty.

Most all of the 5th Wheel Manufacturers use one of the two Air Conditioner brands, Refrigerator brands, Stove brands, Water Heater brands, Furnace brands and so on. What you are buying is engineering, construction, warranty, support and floorplan as all the appliances are made by suppliers and are pretty much the same between the different manufacturers.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

My Pinnacle is my 4th Jayco product. I've never been disappointed with issues that could not be easy resolved or fixed with the 2 year warranty. However, I feel one of the biggest assets is my local Jayco dealer who is fair, trustworthy, and personable.

I have no experience with the Montana line to relate to.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

No Matter which Unit you buy, be sure that the dealer will stand behind the unit that you buy. Especially Warranty and service and buy close to home if you can. The Dealer is more important than the brand or factory.
https://www.rvbloggersonline.blogspot.com
MHbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

Any warranty is worthless without good Dealer and Factory support.

The dealer that is doing our warranty work has been great even though we did not buy our Pinnacle from them.

The dealer we use for warranty is the dealer where we bought our 2005 Jayco Eagle, unfortunately we did not buy our current Pinnacle from them as we found it on a different dealers lot and made a great deal on it.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #7

Traded a Montana

We traded a Montana (29 ft) for the Pinnacle (36RETS) and we both prefer the Pinnacle. We like the floor plan better and the two year warranty. Keystone has had lots of problem with pealing decals. They finally started providing replacement decals for some units but wouldn't have them installed. The decals on our Montana started pealing in the second year and of course the warranty was out. We had purchased the extended warranty but they said it didn't cover the decals. I believe the workmanship on the Pinnacle is superior to the Montana especially the cabinets. We did like the hydraulic slides in the Montana verses the electric ones in the Pinnacle. We went with full body paint on this one to avoid pealing decals again. The reason we started looking at Jaycos to begin with was because a friend of ours has a 2006 Jayco Designer and has had great luck with it. It still looks good too. You see a lot of Jayco owners returning more than once for the same brand and that says a lot. Good luck on whichever unit you decide on.

Don and Donna
2011 Jayco 36RETS
2012 F350 King Ranch DRW
DonandDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #8

Went with Pinnacle

We have just been through the same process, it's taken us months to choose the right RV, we actually decided on a Montana at one time.
For us it came down to warranty, price, options and 'feel' (comfort, spaciousness, livability and looks), the Jayco Pinnacle came out on top overall, especially with warranty and price.
Good luck to you whichever choice you make.
BritCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #9

Well...we won't be purchasing another Jayco...or any other brand for that matter.

Our Pinnacle is everything we hoped for and the floor plan is awesome for us. Even if another manufacturer offered what we have in our 36 KPTS we would have bought the Pinnacle. We do not need anything different.

The fit and finish is superb and X2 on what others have said about the 2 year warranty etc.

We looked at the Montana's and I'm sure they have a good product....just not for us.

Good luck with your choice and enjoy, no matter what you buy.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #10

Thank you Jayco Owners

Thank all of you for the response, it is a big help all the information. It will make my decision easier.

Jim
Old 06-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Thank all of you for the response, it is a big help all the information. It will make my decision easier.

Jim
Good luck with your search and purchase Jim, whatever you decide on.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #12

Decision made

Thanks Lee and everyone that responded to my question.
We have decided on 35 lots as our future home.

Jim
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #13

That was 35 LKTS

Sorry about above it is 35 LKTS
Jim