Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2020, 06:54 AM   #1

Pinnicle 36SSWS Kitchen Slide

I was at Myrtle Beach Lakewood Camp Ground for 2 weeks. All slides opened as normal, however when we went to leave the Kitchen / TV slide started to go in then stopped several times. Another camper helped me push on the slide while my wife was working the switch in order to get it closed. Could this be the motors going up. Still under warranty its a 2019. We have a appointment at dealer tomorrow for other things but I will have him check on this as well.

Now I have to open it in the driveway to empty the freezer. I pray that it will close.
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:49 AM   #2

The outdoor kitchen slide on my Northpoint did the same thing a couple years ago. I put DW on the controls and I went out and forced it in with everything I had. I took it to the dealer and they said everything was working perfectly. They put it out and in a half dozen times with no issues and I haven't had an issue since. I had one other slide start to act up but I ran it in and out about 4x and it straightened itself back out. These Schwintek systems are nice when they work but when they get out of timing they are a pain. I always hold the button until the motors quit which is about 3 seconds after the slides are fully in or out and I dont stop them until fully open or closed. Stopping mid stroke seems to screw things up.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
The outdoor kitchen slide on my Northpoint did the same thing a couple years ago. I put DW on the controls and I went out and forced it in with everything I had. I took it to the dealer and they said everything was working perfectly. They put it out and in a half dozen times with no issues and I haven't had an issue since. I had one other slide start to act up but I ran it in and out about 4x and it straightened itself back out. These Schwintek systems are nice when they work but when they get out of timing they are a pain. I always hold the button until the motors quit which is about 3 seconds after the slides are fully in or out and I dont stop them until fully open or closed. Stopping mid stroke seems to screw things up.

Yea we always hold in until it stops running. This morning it would not open at all. We have about $200 in food in the freezer and can't get it open until the slide opens. The dealer will have to open it when we get there and we will take coolers.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:12 PM   #4

Pawags45... hopefully this helps you open the slide
Find the controller in the basement and press the button (with something non metallic) six times and hold it in on the seventh until the red and green lights start flashing. This puts it into manual mode

You have 60 second or so to operate the slide. It should open for you.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote