Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #1

Placed an order for my new Pinniacle.

So I put my deposit down on a 2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS on May 17th and was told the order was accepted with my options at Jayco. I would hear in a few weeks when it would be built. Well it has been a 'few' weeks and I have heard nothing. The person I placed my order with has been great as it took me a year and a half to decide what 5th wheel I wanted. I don't want to hound her. ( I am sending another e-mail to see if she has heard anything)

To those of you who have 'ordered' from the factory how long did it take to get a production date? I was told I missed the production for June and should be made it July for a delivery to the dealer in the first or second week of August. I I'm getting worried that Jayco will say I didn't make the July cut.
So those of you in the know... How long from order to delivery did it take for your special ordered trailer?
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

I ordered mine April 20th and haven’t heard a peep.
Jace817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:04 AM   #3

We ordered our 2017 351RSQS Northpoint on January 13 2017 and it was at the dealer on March 10 2017.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #4

I ordered my new Jayflight 3 weeks ago, I've been told 1 week ago that the 29rks production would start june 18 .... 3 days ago they told me that they postpone the date to end of july or early august... so as long as I have before
christmas.....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #5

Ordered 2019 36KPTS end of February..Was told many weeks ago that production of model is June and if there is a delay(material, parts etc.)could run into July..We have not received update since then...I know that individual orders are taken care of first then dealers...We added many options and ordered unit with full body paint..So I'm thinking that this could cause a longer time frame for build..Luckily we haven't booked any traveling...
jippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #6

Has anyone figured out on the Pinnacle:

How many they produce in a month?

How long does the Pinnacle actually take to build?

Do they build them year round?

What factory do they build them at?

So hard to find any information.
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 12:02 PM   #7

We went on the factory tour back in April of 2017 when our North point was being built. It typically takes about 4 days to build them. When we were there they were in the middle of building a new luxury 5th wheel plant. 1st
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #8

I can't say what lines were/are affected but I had read on a couple of sites that Jayco and others had run into some component shortages and were waiting on their suppliers.

When we ordered our Eagle TT back in 2016, we ordered in June and was told 8-10 weeks by our dealer even though they knew fully well it wouldn't be that quick. A few weeks later it went to 10-12 weeks and I finally called Jayco who told me that they were just slammed with orders and that our Eagle would probably be 20+ weeks from the date of order. We ended up getting it just a day over 19 weeks.

So if I were you, I would call Jayco and see if they can give you an update instead of going thru the dealership. If you already have a VIN assigned, then that's even better and makes it easier for them to look up your order as well as means they already have a build date in the system.

Good Luck!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #9

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
The same factory that produces the North Point, produces the Pinnacle. They do them in turns. We placed an order (10% dwn) for the last day of the 2016 North Point 377 RLBH line on Mon Mar 21, 2016, and was told 8 weeks for delivery. We took the tour earlier that day and the Middlebury plant was building 2016 North
Points. So very fascinating, a must see if you’re in the area. 37 bays of assembly. On Fri May 27, or 9 weeks later, we were shocked to hear we were receiving a 2017 first run model 377 RLBH! The dealer there (Indiana RV Connection) initially told us a 2017 unit would take 12 weeks to deliver. We opted fo the 2016 as we had summer plans at Father’s Day in June. A fun and exciting day we had on delivery day, Memorial Day weekend, last PI of the day for the dealer. Funny thing, they showed us the wrong camper at first for 15 min, we didn’t know it. Our hearts sank, but it was unwashed in the back yard of the place. I must tell you as you already know, that waiting is the hardest part.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote