Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Jayco 5th Wheel AGAIN?
Yes, indeed I would buy one again 91 59.87%
I would consider it, but was not totally thrilled with mine 31 20.39%
Probably would not, I have not had a wonderful experience 17 11.18%
Definitely not, I've had a bad experience 13 8.55%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2019, 12:06 AM   #1

POLL - Buy a Jayco 5th Wheel again, or not?

We are thinking about buying a 2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS.

Curious to know what you owners have experienced and if you would buy a Jayco 5th wheel again?

And, helpful if you might mention the year and model of your Jayco 5th wheel in your comments - especially if you have had structural problems with your rig.

Thank you so much for participating in this poll!

2020 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 04:42 AM   #2

Do not want to bad mouth Jayco but we’re very disappointed with our North Point.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:04 AM   #3

Curious: have you conducted the same poll in other manufacturer forums? That’s the only way to make this one statistically relevant.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:13 AM   #4

My answer kinda doesnt fit in the poll answers. I would NOT buy another one because I love the one I got. 2017 Northpoint 375BHFS. We've had a few minor issues, easily resolved, and one ongoing one with the awning constantly needing adjustment, but i think it's the awning material that's the cause. Again, not a big deal. The things I've read on here about the newer ones, Northpoints and Pinnacles, have not been good. Going to RV shows and dealers inventory, I've not really seen anything that's been a real wow factor that would make me want to upgrade. We absolutely love our outdoor kitchen but the 375 is the only floor plan that gives you that. I'll keep what I got.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:22 AM   #5

It doesn’t matter what brand you buy, you will have some sort of issues. One can’t tow a boxed frame with glue-coat laminated walls and not expect anything to go wrong. Knowing this you accept that it’s the nature of this recreation and it’s attributes - and enjoy the rest of the journey.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
.... One can’t tow a boxed frame with glue-coat laminated walls and not expect anything to go wrong. ....
I don't agree with the basis of this statement. I CAN expect nothing to go wrong until the manufacturer (of whatever brand) is honest and says the equivalent of "This trailer is crap, and it will have many problems. We don't really do a quality check after manufacture. If there is a problem under warranty, good luck in getting it fixed - we have no control over what the dealer does. We may help you under the warranty, but then again maybe not if we think you caused the problem. Notably, if there is an environmental leak that damages the trailer several months after buying it, it is your fault as obviously you did not keep the seals in good repair."
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #7

Quote: Notably, if there is an environmental leak that damages the trailer several months after buying it, it is your fault as obviously you did not keep the seals in good repair.

Really, How about when it sits in the dealers lot for year did they check the seals.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #8

So far...good...had minor problems but fixed quickly..have excellent dealer....would buy again from them...had a montana before my Pinnacle....and pinnacle is in my opinion a step above the new montana...very happy so far....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Quote: Notably, if there is an environmental leak that damages the trailer several months after buying it, it is your fault as obviously you did not keep the seals in good repair.

Really, How about when it sits in the dealers lot for year did they check the seals.
I think on this forum (and others), some would blame the purchaser for not doing a PDI that found any sealing issues.

I think Jayco would start the clock on the date the trailer was purchased by the consumer.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #10

My 2017 Eagle has been flawless, knock on wood. I do check all caulking monthly, I alternate between UV protectant and wax 2-3 times a year, drive slow over rough roads. It’s never needed to go back to the dealer for repairs.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Do not want to bad mouth Jayco but we’re very disappointed with our North Point.
X2
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #12

The one we have have been good, the second time we took it out the heater went out but the dealer took care of us and since then haven't had any problems. Then again we bought it in July and have only taken it out a few times so I will know more after or doing next summer.

Our dealer has been pretty good taking care of stuff but we will see next year, will I buy another Jayco, well maybe or maybe not, this one we are planning on keeping it for a while.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #13

Have a 317RLOK now, few issues with it but nothing major so far and it's perfect for me and the wife. Our next trailer will be a toy hauler so we can accommodate the grandkids and their toys and so far we like the Grand Design THs a little better than what Jayco has to offer.
bender88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #14

Many things we like about our new North Point. We've only done about 3 weeks of shakedown so far. No problems yet. My main concern is Schwintek on the large kitchen slide. Would have had more confidence in hydraulic slides. If we were to buy again, I'd put that on my check list.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
Many things we like about our new North Point. We've only done about 3 weeks of shakedown so far. No problems yet. My main concern is Schwintek on the large kitchen slide. Would have had more confidence in hydraulic slides. If we were to buy again, I'd put that on my check list.
We have had numerous problems. However, we have too much money thrown at it to trade it. We are considering rollers for under the two big slides to eliminate the skid plates and reduce the load on the motors.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 09:39 PM   #16

Very good information - thank you all. I hope it will also be of benefit to potential buyers moving forward.

We liked the Pinnacle very much, but in the end... decided to go with a Mobile Suites. Had we not decided on the DRV, we very well may have gone with the Pinnacle or a Redwood.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #17

Congrats.

While I’m not a huge fan of the DRV interior design aesthetic, they are in another class compared to a Pinnacle. For example, the frame design encloses the entire front cargo area, making the pinbox structure much more robust and less prone to flexing.

If a new DRV was in your budget originally, I wouldn’t have thought the Pinnacle would have been considered, truthfully.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old 12-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Congrats.

While I’m not a huge fan of the DRV interior design aesthetic, they are in another class compared to a Pinnacle. For example, the frame design encloses the entire front cargo area, making the pinbox structure much more robust and less prone to flexing.

If a new DRV was in your budget originally, I wouldn’t have thought the Pinnacle would have been considered, truthfully.
It would be a mistake to cast aspersions on my veracity.

"Truthfully", though one can afford a DRV doesn't mean that one should, or would, overlook giving consideration to other, less expensive, models.

While I can afford a DRV, I'm fairly confident that a Pinnacle could have met our needs. Though sometimes, wants exceed needs and we choose to satisfy them. In the end, we just liked the Mobile Suites more, appreciated the heavier build quality, and decided to go that direction.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
It would be a mistake to cast aspersions on my veracity.

"Truthfully", though one can afford a DRV doesn't mean that one should, or would, overlook giving consideration to other, less expensive, models.

While I can afford a DRV, I'm fairly confident that a Pinnacle could have met our needs. Though sometimes, wants exceed needs and we choose to satisfy them. In the end, we just liked the Mobile Suites more, appreciated the heavier build quality, and decided to go that direction.
When I wrote “truthfully” I was referring to me.

No offense to Jayco, but the Pinnacle could only compete against DRV in skin-deep matters. They are in completely different classes when the entirety of the rig is taken into account. Heck, the DRV weighs in almost two tons more than the Pinnacle when comparing similar floorplan due to frame, wall, door, plumbing, suspension, etc. spec.

So, not to come off as rude, to be truthful in my thoughts: I’m not sure why these two rigs were being cross shopped if the budget allowed for the higher spec, especially when it was the foundational build spec that drove you to DRV in the end, vs other attributes such as a specific floorplan-need or aesthetic-want or tow rig limitation.

I think you’ll be much happier with the peace of mind the DRV build spec will give you in terms of mitigating major failure risk (but since it’s an RV things will still break).

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old 12-28-2019, 08:34 AM   #20
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
X2

X3