Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2018, 08:39 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to Bigmike1461
We are on our 3rd Jayco. If Jayco made junk I would not have owned even one. I'll. Keep buying Jayco. Our first was a 1995 Eagle 263RKS 5th wheel. 2nd was a 2011 Jay Flight 26rls and our newest one is a 2018 28.5rsts HT 5th wheel. All rv have issues but that's life we just have to deal with them. Expecting many years of good luck with our new toy.
2016 F350 lariat 4x4 6.2 gas 3:73
2018 Jayco 28.5RSTS HT
[SIGPIC]

Long Island,NY.
Bigmike1461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:25 AM   #22

We love our Jayco 36T
It Rocks. The Camping World in SC was awesome. They had us live in the RV for tonight so that we can get any kinks out. The washer dryer didn’t work so they totally replace that from a different unit. They even moved up the driver seat so my husband who is 5 foot 3 acre reach the pedals. We our Jayco !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CatMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #23

My wife and I are full timers in our 2016 North Point which was purchased new. So far, we have had zero issues. I could not ask for a better rig.

gnlocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #24

I am impressed by the design and most of the components/materials of our Eagle 2018 293RKDS 5’er. Construction quality and fit/finish in 95% of the coach is also very good.
Despite the fact that we have had some issues I would buy again, just not from Haylett and probably not from any dealer. I think buying from the right original owner 1-4 years old is probably the way I’ll buy in the future. I know for fact they all have problems from the factory regardless of manufacture.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #25

I started off trying a used 95’ Hornet,it was a friend’s son
After I got it home I discovered it had a lot of water damage and still leaking (even though the seller told me he fixed it). I bought it for $2,500 and sold it for $1,800( full disclosure of damage) a few weeks later. It literally sold in one day on CL
That’s why I bought brand new, so I would have some “peace-of-mind” after owning!
I live literally less than 10 minutes away from big family owned dealer.
The few minor issues I’ve had, the dealer took care of it or walked me through it over the phone!
I’m totally happy with my unit and my dealer!
I’ve also learned a lot from advice on this forum and thankful for all 3

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #26

We full time in a Montana now. Were looking at the pinnacle 38refs 5th wheel and the fit and finish of these are over and above anything else we looked at in the same price range of the rest. you seem to get more for the same and also lot less money. I will put the jayco pinnacle equal to the 5th wheels in the 120 to 130 thousand dollar range. and We still say there better made.
2017 Ram 3500, Big Horn, 6.7, Crew, Long, DRW, Aisin, 4:10. Full timer in a Pinnacle
eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #27

Well this May will be our three year anniversary with our 24 FBS, our "entry level" TT. We make two trips in the 500 to 600 mile range, round trip, and at least four to six outings close to home or in the mountains north of us a year. We got a good one with only a burner on the stove top needing a replacement part while in warranty or very minor things I could diagnose and fix by tightening a nut here adding a Velcro strip there, just hag the toilet start leaking around the seal so we upgraded the throne at the same time. I follow the maintenance recommendations in the manual doing all that I feel qualified to do myself. I'll knock on wood luck holds till we upgrade to our retirement 5er.
We just this month made our last house payment (irony, stick and brick owned but still paying on the mobile house!) so new diesel next and then the 5er. Glad to hear positive things as Jayco in one of only three brands I'm considering when we're ready.
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #28

Just spent 62 days and over 4,000 miles with our TT. No trouble at all. Very happy so far with our Jayco.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #29

I'll comment some good things. Our first Jayco was a 2012 Eagle 23.5 RBS which I'm trying to sale myself. The only reason we upgraded was to have a bigger camper. I bought the boss a second Jayco, 2016 Eagle 28.5 RSTS. We loved our 2012 Jayco 5ther but our new Jayco is just the bomb! We plan on keeping our second 5ther a long, long time. There has been a few issues but knowthing that I couldn't take care of myself. As far as I'm concerned, we'll always own a Jayco Eagle!!
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #30

I have an '04 Designer 31 rls. It is a good unit, well built. We have replaced the water heater and a board on the Norcold reefer. I chalk that up to age.
TomC
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #31

I'm really glad to see a thread like this one. I am anxiously waiting to start my second season of camping in my first Jayco FW. We have a 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA and I wouldn't trade for anything unless it was a Jayco 2019 Pinnacle. We had a few bumpy issues in the beginning but these items were taken care of either by the dealer or me. This isn't my first rodeo. I had a 35' Layton TT made by Skyline (I think). We bought that one new in 2004 and it was my trade in on the Jayco Pinnacle in 2017. We had a few issues with that one in the beginning also, but once these were addressed it was a sound unit that only required regular maintenance. I think people tend to forget an RV is a house on wheels with all the systems and functions as your brick and mortar home. I have had custom homes built and I have purchase existing homes and everyone of them had some issue that had to be fixed within 6 months. My point is if you keep expecting perfection, you will always be disappointed. Life isn't perfect, your satisfaction is how you deal with what life gives you.
I absolutely love our Jayco unit and will only buy Jayco units in the future. Dollar for dollar, I don't think you will find a better equipped product in the RV industry.
RVing all my life......1st Jayco
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #32

My first Jayco was a 2002 Jayco Qwest 10v popup I purchased new from a local dealer. I owned that until 2016 with zero issues ever. Granted it was simple, but for a low priced, entry-level camper it was great, easy to use and we had many fun times. I even lent it out to friends and family a few times.

I had no intention of getting rid of it but in late fall 2016 I drove by a used 2013 Jay Feather x17z for sale by a private party that was super clean and in great shape. They had just purchased a brand new 29' TT. I used it ever chance I could last year, one time the hot water heater would light, but I soon realized the burner tube had some type of blockage (spider nest?) which I easily cleared with a straw.

RV's are a compromise between light weight and quality, and size and amenities. Overall, I think Jayco builds a good variety of units to suit different needs. Personally, I like camping to spend time outside by a campfire cooking over wood, not sitting in an RV with a turkey in the oven looking at a fake fireplace, but if I were full time that might be different.

As many have said, the way they are treated and maintained also goes a long way toward the enjoyment. I usually camp in state parks without hookups but last year I went to a nearby private campground with my new Jay Flight for it maiden trip.

While I was there, a couple asked me if I knew anything about awnings, they could get theirs open. When I got to their site, the awning was almost unrolled but still closed, they hadn't undone the travel locks. All of a sudden water began pouring out everywhere, because they had not winterized it the prior year. Turned out it was their first rv they had bought the prior fall and used once, but their dealer never gave them any instruction and they did not seek any advice. On top of that, they parked it under a tree in their back yard over the winter and a large branch had fallen on it causing water damage in the roof over their bathroom.
jimovernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #33

Except for one wiring issue the dealer fixed, our trailer has served us well. We have used the trailer for hundreds of days in the year we have had it and it has a bit over 5000 miles on it at this point.

Things have been fixed, kinda like my stick house.

If you are not going to fix the minor stuff, like trim coming loose, drawer brackets breaking or plumbing leaks, then make sure you have a good repair man available. This is a house that you subject to the poor roads across the country.

Think of it this way. At home when you have a water pipe burst, how much do you pay to get it fixed that day? Don't expect it to be any cheaper with your RV, if you can find someone to do the work.

FWIW, this applies to any RV of any price. Things may be bad from the factory and things will break along the way. The key is to identify as many as possible BEFORE you pay for it.

Would I buy another Jayco? Yes. FWIW, we did not buy a Jayco because of the brand, we bought it because it was the ONLY floorplan that met our needs.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #34

2009 BHS
2016 34RSBS
Zero issues
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #35

Generally I think those who purchase new will find issues up front and will comment on them initially. Those who bought used will be happier initially because most of the bugs will be worked out already. I bought new and I wont lie and say that I havent had any issues...I mean heck my rig is at the dealer right now and it looks like it may be a total of 2.5 months for them to get all the issues fixed...the primary one is the schwintech setup on the rear slide (not really a mechanism problem, but it appears Jayco did not put some screws in straight and hench not flush and they destroyed the rollers on the bottom of the slide and bent the schwintech frames on the wall side near the gears). But for a house on wheels, in which the choice of material depends on weight a lot, I feel they did pretty well on it.

Examples:
Drawers seem pretty solid and do not open while traveling.
Entertainment setup utilizing HDMI splitter to feels signals to all TV's in coach is a nice feature.
I love my instant on unlimited hot water heater (I know I may get crap for that one).
Fridge works great and is large
A/C's / Heat pumps work great and can keep my unit cool even in 108 degree weather in Moab UT.
No plumbing issues once you learn the quirks of winterizing...that flip the screen to force open the check valve gets everyone.

Long story short, I feel that after I get all the bugs worked out that I will have minimal issues for the years to come.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:31 AM   #36

2014 281BHS and zero problems...
barnesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #37

New Jayco RVr after a lot of research

We would be considered those that are "paralysis by analysis" when making decisions. Investing in our FW was no different. It took over a year with a lot of research and reading forums like this one. One of the things that sold us on Jayco was the initial 2yr warranty when others only offer 1yr. This said a lot to us. I need to say, we did not buy new, but felt if the manufacturer stood behind their product for the first two years, it was a better product. We knew we wanted bunk beds, so the search narrowed. We also wanted to keep the weight and size down as this is our very first time at this. 35' or less was also a requirement so we could get into more state parks. So when the 2015 Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS came up in our search, we were excited. The price was right, so we did it. We had it inspected by an outside party and was noted that it was like new and rarely used. More excitement. Once we got to the unit, we were very happy with the build quality and functions. Since July 2017 we have gone out for 5 outings, about 8000 miles. No major issues at all. New water pump and propane regulator is it. Both were OEM. We are very happy with our Jayco and the contributions on this forum!
Mr&MrsSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:51 PM   #38

[QUOTE=Midnightmoon;617713]I don't think that many of us that have had positive experiences take the time to post about it often enough.

With that said, we just did our 1st weekend of 2018. That makes almost 60 trouble free nights since we took delivery last May. /QUOTE]

Here's a thought, we could start a post with how many trouble free nights we have before our first problems start. Maybe with the new Thor built Jayco products we could get a better idea how the company is performing.
Just sayin!
2014 F350 SD Lariat, 4X2, Ext.Cab 8'Bed, 6.2Ltr gas, 4:30 Rear ratio
2008 Cedar Creek Fifth Wheel 34TSA, 37' (traded in)
2017 Jayco Eagle HT Fifth Wheel 27.5 RLTS
bogadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:08 PM   #39

My first Jayco, a 2014, was sold to family/friend after we used it for 2 seasons. Sold it because I wanted more space. So it’s been used by families with kids for 4 seasons and never needed to go back to the dealer.

My current 2017 has served us well for 2 seasons and has not needed to get back to the dealer.

Our Jayco experiences have been great!
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:52 AM   #40

2017 North Point. Picked her up in September 2017. Full timer. Pulled her down to Brownsville Texas (from Chicago) last October and back to Chicago this March (GD B-day). Although still below freezing at night and quickly burning propane the only issue is a damn squeaky step inside which I'll get nailed down next week. Love our life !!
Attached Thumbnails
Sundance RV 4.jpg  

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote