Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2018, 06:23 AM   #41

I felt I should post an addendum. We have a 2018 293RKDS. We actually ordered during the model change so we got it at the 2017 price[emoji106]. The few changes they made from the 2017 we really like. The fireplace facade and flooring being the primary change, but Jayco also added a sound bar in 2018. All great changes. We’ve spent the winter in Florida so we’ve put our trailer thru it’s paces, having spent 90 consecutive days in it so far. We absolutely love our camper even though we have had a couple issues. We had furnace and hot water issues but Jayco took care of us. We also need to replace the bathroom fan, had to fix our pocket door, had to reinstall a piece of trim, will need to correct the tv cable routing, and will need to replace the absolutely pathetic Simmons mattress. Thank God we added a Lucid 3” topper before we left home. (FYI I’m adding one to every mattress we own). Most of these things are minor, but regardless as I said we absolutely love our Jayco. As I sit here this morning watching tv and looking around from the comfort of my recliner I can truthfully say I couldn’t be much happier with our Jayco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM   #42

Jayco is a family affair

My wife and I purchased our first Jayco Heritage folddown in 1997(my wife still misses this camper). We had a few warranty issues. After using it once and being very careful, the canvas mildewed. After a few attempts to clean it, it was determined it wasn't properly treated at the factory. Jayco sent out new canvas with no questions asked. This camper only had a few other minor problems. We enjoyed camping out of this unit for 7 years. We purchased a 2004 29BHS and then a 2010 31RLS. The only issues we had with these two trailers was that they each lost an exhaust fan. Three years ago our oldest daughter called me and said that she and her husband were ready to purchase their first camper. I found a 2004 29BHS similar to the one we had. This camper was just like new when they purchased it, very well taken care of. They love it. This winter we got the itch to purchase a new camper with extra beds for taking grandchildren. We looked at the Jayco 30.5MBOK. We liked it right away. We decided to compare with other mid-bunkhouse units. After attending a few sports shows, we couldn't find anything that matched up to Jayco quality or layout. We decided to purchase our fourth Jayco in 20 years. Just waiting for this long Iowa winter to end so we can use it. We feel that camping is the best way to spend time with children (and grandchildren!). We are so happy that we made the choice to camp regularly and often over the years.
CampingIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #43

I'll be honest, after seeing all the post about problems that people have with their travel trailers I had just about changed my mind about future plans. After seeing these comments I feel good about it now I am in the process of learning all I can before we make the leap into the RV World semi full time.

My wife is a couple of years away from retirement and I am retired (disabled) Law Enforcement. Drove semi's for 15 years before Law Enforcement.

I narrowed down to three brands that look to be the best choice: JAYCO, GRAND DESIGN & NORTHWOODS ARTIC FOX.

Quality and customer care are two of the most important factors in the final choice. We will need a medium sized home on wheels as my tow vehicle will most likely be a Toyota Tundra. Love Tundra's! Of course with the Tundra weight will be a factor. The other tow possibility would be a Ford F250-XLT

My choice of new home will also have a onboard Cummins genny. Solar power also really interest me also. Must also be set up for satellite TV. A four season package will be a must as I want to be able to camp into late fall in Northern areas before heading South. Plus I figure the extra insulation will help just as much in the Summer with heat.

Don't need a huge home as it will usually just be my wife, Golden Retriever and maybe a couple of Grandkids from time to time.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #44

In the two years we have had the 195 we have beaten on it. Two cross country round trips east to west. Two north to south
45000 miles
Sure things broke. I broke the toilet mount We bent an axle. We’re on our second set of tires
We hated the mattress. The table pulled out of the wall
But for a rolling tin can earthquake its account sheet is in the black. I even love the water heater A/C furnace and shower and tub
We’ve had outstanding warranty service and non warranty service and if our dealer discontinued Jayco we’d go with whatever they do carry . Even a rolling hot dog. Or in our parts Bean Boot

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #45

We have a2016 Northpoint 377RLBH. Its our 4th camper, second Jayco and first 5th wheel. We purchased it about a year ago. Was previously owned but only used once. We live full time in the RV and have no issues today. There are a few very minor interior trim issues but nothing that was hard or expensive to fix. We spend the winter in MD and it got pretty cold. The underbelly heat was excellent - never had a water or plumbing issue. We have pulled it about 10000 miles over the year without exception. So far, very pleased with the unit.
Summitstev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 05:58 PM   #46

In 1998 we purchased a used 1996 Eagle 304BH. Working out of town we lived in it for two Years and then used it several times a year for camping. I have nothing bad to say about the camper. Last month we sold that camper so we had it for 20 years. Sure a few things broke but I fixed it. It never once went to a dealer for service. When we sold it the furnace, air conditioner, fridge and all other appliances still worked. That's saying something! I did all the maintenance including the roof, wheel bearings, winterizing and waxing the trailer and it still looked good for 22 year old trailer. The last 16 years it was stored under a metal carport so that helped keep it in good condition. Next weekend I hope to be the owner of a 2018 Eagle 293RKDS.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #47

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Gee, how'd i miss this thread! I've had so many, i quit counting. I should have the Jayflight bird tattoo'd on my .... I would, but i hate pain! Have never looked at any other brand ( except Starcraft, which is Jayco )
Old 04-24-2018, 07:29 PM   #48

We’re so pleased with our new 377RLBH, we dropped Jayco a line to let them know that directly...

...and they posted it on their website!

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #49

Todd

You’re big time now! [emoji3]

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:24 PM   #50

I have had three Jayco's now and loved every one. It would be hard for me to look at another make now after having good experiences with what i have had and have now.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:07 AM   #51

We’re not new to campers, but this is our first Jayco. We’re had it for six months now and are very satisfied with it. A definite improvement over our 1960s-era Nimrod popup!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:59 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Todd

You’re big time now! [emoji3]
Now that I've reached the peak, it's got to be all downhill from here, Tom.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:17 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Now that I've reached the peak, it's got to be all downhill from here, Tom.

Lol [emoji23]

I’ve said that myself a time or two!

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 03:03 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
I read all of the comments about the problems Jayco owners have and now I would like to hear some of the good things about our rigs. Forums are always a good place to vent your problems but let’s give this a try. I imagine this will open a huge “can of worms”.
Just to clarify a few things— I’m not an employee or representative of Jayco but simply a very satisfied owner of my 2nd Jayco fifth wheel. My first was a 1982 Jayco 29 footer that I kept for 15 years and enjoyed with my family, hunting, fishing and simply camping. My new 2018 Jayco Pinnacle FBTS is my retirement pride and joy.
We are in our 3rd week of a 6 week spring vacation to Florida, traveling from the frigid north. We have had NO issues with any function on the rig. Everything works exactly as it should. The only problems have occurred when the operator (me) didn’t read or ignored the instructions. All of this may change tomorrow and I’m sure I will have issues as the RV ages. I can’t comment about dealing with Jayco since I have had no problems.
Keep it positive, if possible, and have “Happy camping!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I’ve had a few problems with my 2015 GreyHawk since new, and that is to be expected with a new unit, but Jayco has been awesome with any and all of the issues involved. I have zero complaints with their actions !!
gprapim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #55

Going on three years with our Eagle HT and I'm extremely happy! I burned out a slide motor on our first camping trip (I think it was just a defective motor) and the dealer replaced it with one he cannibalized of another new unit while I waited.

And it took a while to figure out that they don't "pre-adjust" brakes at the factory and it takes a while for the automatic adjusters to get the shoes adjusted properly - but for the last 2 1/2 years the breaks have worked fine.

And I'm not crazy about the way they wire up the cutoff switch (It doesn't actually cutoff every 12v circuit) but I rewired that myself one weekend.

Everything else has worked flawlessley, the quality of the build is good (not excellent but good) given the price.

I'm a happy owner.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #56

Our second Jayco...have been extremely happy (or lucky?) with both! Not any complaints from us on build or quality.

We have tried and owned other brands only to find that Jayco is really hard to beat for the price. If your willing to spend twice the price you can find better fit and finish but they will not be anymore comfortable or camp any better when all is said and done.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from Central Florida View Post
We’re not new to campers, but this is our first Jayco. We’re had it for six months now and are very satisfied with it. A definite improvement over our 1960s-era Nimrod popup!
Nimrod, haven't heard that name in awhile. From 1968 thru 1972 my family of 7 visited 49 states in a Nimrod and Buick station wagon.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:33 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
Nimrod, haven't heard that name in awhile.
First camper DW and I used in1971, rented it from Special Services on the base, $3.00 a day....
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:46 PM   #59

We are on our second Jayco 5er, First was a 1999 213 rks that we used for 14 years with absolutely zero problems, Now own a 2013 321rlts, Been to NY and back plus numerous 300 mile trips. Only problem were a leaking black water drain valve and the furnace/heatpump hooked up backwards , both problem solved by jayco dealer, Also had the infamous front cap fade which was quickly resolved. Did I mention 2 blown Towmax tires? I am very satisfied with Jayco.
Papa Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #60

Let me chime in. I have owned, counting my current unit, four Jayco trailers. I have been a loyal Jayco fan for years. I started out several years ago in a Jayco Quest travel trailer, 26 foot with no slides. I sold that unit and bought a new 2010 Jayflight 23FB. I sold that trailer in 2012 and bought a Jayflight 26RLS. Now that I am about to retire, i just purchased an Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. I have been around trailers and campers for a long time and have seen some to the horror shows that pass for trailers these days. I have not had one single issue, not one, with all four units I owned. I think a lot of time people project problems with equipment onto Jayco. One must remember that much of the equipment in a unit is manufactured by others such as Lippert, Atwood, Dometic, etc. All the trailer manufacturers purchase from this small pool of vendors and install this equipment in their trailers. I find Jayco to be much better at what they do than most. I don't know what the future holds now that Thor owns them but have been a very happy camper with Jayco for many years.