Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #61

We have a 2017 37rsts, bought new 6 months ago. Its our first fiver. It has been great.
3 trips so far, about 18 nights and a total of about 1500 miles. No issues.
Everything has worked as expected and we are enjoying every moment spent in it.

My wife is 3 weeks away from retirement, and then we plan on hitting the highway.

Jayco seems to be putting out a good product unlike the rest of the industry from what I am reading in these forums.

Our tv is a 2017 GMC 3500 cc, drw, lb diesel and that has also been a winner for us.

what a great combo this has been so far.
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:44 PM   #62

We have used our 2017 321 for two summers, about 30 nights. Only complaint is the AM radio has virtually NO reception. Dealer could not remedy. I think the antenna should be on the roof not on the sidewall. Any one else have AM reception? Just using FM but not always available so Bluetooth the cell phone to Furrion. Everything else works as it should, been through a water bath in several wicked downpours on the highway and camped with sides out. No leaks at all. Very satisfied.

2015 Sierra 2500 SLT Duramax CC, Nav, Onstar WIFI, 20K Reese Elite
fljl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #63

2017 Jayco 27.5 RKDS

Took delivery in April and headed out West for a 9800 km. trip as our first real trip in May. Apart from a couple of minor issues like a loose moulding and door latch the FW has been treating us very well. So far we are very satisfied not having to return for any major repairs or adjustments.
On delivery I Used Eternabond tape over all the roof penetrations. I also examined and re-caulked the entire trailer. Before winter I will also remove all the exterior lights and rec-caulk those as well. Naturally the axles will be repacked. I monitored the tire pressure throughout the trip and they help very well. Also checked the lug torque which was also consistent. No complaints from my end!!

2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins pulled that 5er through the Rockies easily.
docdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
We have had good luck with our coach. As I recently posted there have been a couple of leveling system issues (factory induced) but I think I may have resolved that now. The only other issue is our fridge - the freezer doesn't know when to stop cooling. I will fix that one way or the other.

All-in-all it's a good solid unit, we are happy with it and have had a lot of fun in it.
I am sooooo happy to read this thread. Jayco Seismic is on the top of my short list for a toy hauler purchase at retirement in a few years.

The only concern i have on the current units is a possible issue with the electric leveling systems. You state that you believe you have your leveling issues resolved. May I ask what was done to resolve them?

Again thanks soooo much to the OP for this thread.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #65

My wife and I picked up our first Jayco about a month ago and we’re current on our second camping trip. So far all systems are working properly and other than a few minor cosmetic issues we are very happy with the TT. Everyone that has seen the trailer (28RLS) has been impressed with how many features have been crammed into a 32.5 foot trailer. Now the test will be how things hold up over the long haul.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:37 AM   #66

2016 Jayco 38FLSA Pinnacle

We are on our fifth Jayco fifth wheel. Started with a 2004 36' Designer, 2007 36' Designer, 2012 36' Pinnacle, 2014 38' Pinnacle, and now with a 2016 38FLSA Pinnacle. The earlier ones (04-12) had more problems with drawer slides breaking, sinks leaking, scratched glass on delivery, auto jacks problems and a bad mattress on the 14, etc. The 2014 Pinnacle came with TowMax tires on it that were pure junk. We blew two tires on the 2nd trip back (18 mos. old) from Yuma, Az. in 2015, at the same time. Jayco was kind enough to replace all five tires and repair the damage. We traded it off when we got home in March on the 2016. The 2016 has only had a few minor problems so far and is the best to date.
We had two Dutchmen fifth wheels prior to the Jaycos.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote