Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #1

Positive Jayco Factory Service

Finally I have my warranty issues repaired after 6 months and 5 months at camping world (where I'll never go again). Jayco had it a little short of 3 months. No question on any issue we claimed after they looked the unit over. I dropped the unit off in April at Jayco and picked it up mid June. They said if we had any problems to bring it back. Well we used it a week in Michigan close to Jayco. The roof was replaced. Well, while in Michigan it got hot and something went wrong with the install.The roof was wrinkling and the side edges were looking awful and I still noticed that edge wrap lifting in places. Also on the way to Michigan we experienced the famous brake issue with a wheel smoking. Also, we weren't happy with a interior wall that was bowed that wasn't fixed, guess it was missed on the list. So they did the roof again, this time they must of replaced everything and done it with detail, even the sealant was put on with perfection. They also replaced the main bathroom hall wall and now it is right. They pulled all wheels replaced 2 backing plates and bearings and seals because of the brake problem. Then they found cracks under the bedroom slide we didn't even know about which was repaired. This was on top of the huge list we went there for originally. Guess we are lucky we took it back. So they delivered it to back to us a few days ago. After the truck left we tried setting it up and three slides didn't work. Both bunk and kitchen schwintek slides binding. Just got them all working today, all needed re timed but we actually found 1 motor out of its coupler in a bunk slide. Funny thing was is that the tension screw was tight on the rack. And where the motor was out, the rack gasket outside was sticking out on top. So we pulled the rack out, checked it, and reinstalled the gasket back properly. All we can figure is trucking these units must beat the heck out of these slides. Jayco did stand behind their warranty in our case in the end though.

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #2

It's always good to hear about a positive outcome.
Thanks for the update.

Happy Trails!
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #3

What was the cause for the roof replacement? How old was your unit?
FordandJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #4

The roof issue was that the staples were backing out of the rolled flashing that goes over the sides. Unit is a 2016 Camping world pulled the roofing up on the sides and apparently restapled it but didnt last long. Then jayco did it again and replaced the roofing material but then the roofing itself was looking awful like it was loose and creasing up and still some of that wrap still sticking up. This last time they must of replaced the underlayment and everything. They said that screws are used now for the sides pieces instead of staples. All I can say it looks great now and smoother than I thought possible.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:55 AM   #5
Site Team

My 2011 roof has a similar roof problem with the staples working out and up. I should have taken it back but it was way out of warranty.

It looked like crap but has not given us any problems. I have posted threads and pictures of the fix I applied, which was a small cut to remove the staple and replacing it with a screw and some Eternabond tape.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote