Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2016, 05:41 PM   #41

AZ... Any word on your roof repair.
Mine is starting to get lumpy but no where near what yours is.
I'm dying to know how they built it.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:28 PM   #42

I have just had my 2016 Pinnacle FBTS for about 4 works. Just 6 nights in it. I climbed on the roof and notice similar issues of the edging lifting up. It was not as pronounced as the pictures in this post but the beginnings are there.

Our list of issues is beginning to get fairly large.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #43

Yup. I am about to take a two month trip and I am sure my outriggers will start to bend. My roof also has some lumps and what I think is a screw ready to pop thru. I also have three sections on my roof that when I was walking on to wash bent down and back up. I looked at the spots and I can press down on the TPO material and it pushes down between roof sections. It appears that there are several half inch gaps between what ever is under the TPO. It would be like the plywood on your house roof instead of touching has spaces between it and you could push down on the tar paper between the plywood. What is up with that??????
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Yup. I am about to take a two month trip and I am sure my outriggers will start to bend. My roof also has some lumps and what I think is a screw ready to pop thru. I also have three sections on my roof that when I was walking on to wash bent down and back up. I looked at the spots and I can press down on the TPO material and it pushes down between roof sections. It appears that there are several half inch gaps between what ever is under the TPO. It would be like the plywood on your house roof instead of touching has spaces between it and you could push down on the tar paper between the plywood. What is up with that??????
Sorry, Rock. I know how disappointing that must be. We had a Jayco 2014 Eagle RLTS and we loved it. Never had any issues to speak of. We have been disappointed with the quality of our pinnacle. We have had one trip out. We now have 9 items on our list for repair. Not to mention the kitchen slide issue that I have been fighting with over the last week.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:23 PM   #45

I have this feeling that I will be doing a factory visit before my warranty is out. I have no confidence in local shops. Jayco knows what is screwed up and they built it so as far as I am concerned they can fix it. AZs was built the same week as mine. If I was him it would be sitting at Jayco for a redo
Old 06-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #46

I am sitting in mine in my driveway and the inside impresses tha .... out of me. But the other stuff really ....... me off. If this was my vehicle the FL lemon law they would have it back and full payment it my pocket. I have already paid five months of payments without my FW
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #47

Quote:
I am sitting in mine in my driveway and the inside impresses tha .... out of me. But the other stuff really ....... me off. If this was my vehicle the FL lemon law they would have it back and full payment it my pocket. I have already paid five months of payments without my FW

Because they know what sells...
Interiors sell. TVs sell. Bling sells. Countertops sell. Flash, glitz, and glamour....

99.9% of RV buyers don't buy based the wiring, plumbing, frame, or roof.

People want cheap... the factories delivered.
If the people want quality... factories like Excel, Glacier Bay, etc would still be in business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"

J.Lockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:48 PM   #48

Roof Problem

We're sitting at Jayco waiting for repair.
Over 80 items list, trailer was number 6 off the line in 2016 (first year for that model)
I've been just tolded by the service supervisor that it better to cut holes in the roof to remove the two screews and patch. I'll have to make sure it maintain yearly? This was a better repair them replacing the whole roof because of the plywood damage cause by removal?
So here we sit putting all out trust in the Jayco Service Staff?
Fetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #49
Lost in the Woods

Rock sorry to hear this as so far that's the only thing and side walls we haven't had , the factory has had ours since April 2015 pinnacle
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:40 AM   #50

Quote:
We have the TPO roof material. Next weekend even if my unit is still not ready I am going to the dealer to look at all my repairs and will look at my roof. If I have a problem it can stay at the dealer since they have possession of it longer thanI have. Me seven weeks, them nine. To bad they r not making the payments
Rock
Rock,
What dealer has your fifth wheel?
So ordering if it's the one I had........
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:58 AM   #51

Here's a pic of my 2016 north point roof. Not the best pic but it's hard to get a decent one without the perfect angle and light. Humps along both outer edges from rear to front. Been in a local shop since May, hopefully getting it back before November. Wife bought a used 1998 pop up with slide for us to use this past summer. Haven't had any issues with it other than a few very minor things. That's pretty sad after dishing out all the money for a new 5th wheel unit. Hopefully the repairs are being done right, if not, Jayco will have this 5th wheel sitting in their driveway. So I'll be letting you guys know how the local repairs work out in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0959.JPG  
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:40 PM   #52

Man I'm sorry, but any dealer that keeps a rig from May until now would be off my list for good. I don't care how long the list is. Crap we're almost in October. When I've seen 2 sidewalls and a roof changed and it out door in less than a week, nothing else is acceptable. It just doesn't take that long. An entire roof change out, provided it's TPO or epdm, is one day, when you have the right people.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #53

You are right. Service sucks. Can u imagine buying ac75 k car and the dealer keeps it for two months for a brake job. If I was only younger I would open my Rv dealership and treat people right and make a fortune
Ahhhhhhhh
Old 09-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #54
Lost in the Woods

Ours is at the factory for that time not a dealer
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote