Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2020, 10:26 AM   #1

Price help on a Northpoint 377RLBH

We are looking to purchase a new 377RLBH. I have a couple of questions.

1. I live in Atlanta. There does not appear to be any near by dealers other than camping world. I haven’t tried hard but They do not appear to be willing to go more than 25% off of msrp. Based on my research, I should be able to get 35% off of msrp. Is this accurate?

2. I’m willing to drive up to 8-10 hours for a good deal. Any recommendations for a low price dealer to buy from?

3. Has anyone had any experience with RV Outlet USA in Danville, VA?

Thanks,

Josh
jlp16au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Go search on RVTrader.com for your specific model. You'll get a good cross-section of prices from dealers across the country. That might help give you a baseline on price and what dealers are offering better deals. Then, you can decide where to buy it and bring it home, or use that pricing information to go in and beat up Camping World.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #3

Get an online estimate from RVDirect. They will email back a price pretty quickly. They have several dealer locations for pickup if you were to buy from them. Not saying u should but from them, but if nothing else they’ll give u a great price u can take to other dealers and see what they can do.

I bought my last camper from them and nobody came close to their price. My experience was perfect and I’d buy from them again...

https://www.rvdirect.com/index.php
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

Thanks for the advice.

I have been looking on RVtrader and that is where I found RV outlet USA. They have one optioned well which is why I was asking if anyone has ever dealt with them.

I have bought from RV direct before and am checking them as well. Their in-stock North Points are bare bones. Unless I want to order one and wait for delivery, I need to find one elsewhere.

Josh
jlp16au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp16au View Post
We are looking to purchase a new 377RLBH. I have a couple of questions.

1. I live in Atlanta. There does not appear to be any near by dealers other than camping world. I haven’t tried hard but They do not appear to be willing to go more than 25% off of msrp. Based on my research, I should be able to get 35% off of msrp. Is this accurate?

2. I’m willing to drive up to 8-10 hours for a good deal. Any recommendations for a low price dealer to buy from?

3. Has anyone had any experience with RV Outlet USA in Danville, VA?

Thanks,

Josh
We bought our Jayco Eagle from Southern RV in McDonough, GA. They are a great dealership! We had 3 dealers quote a custom-ordered unit, and they were by far the lowest quote, including the famous dealership found on YouTube. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

As to your second question, in the superheated market right now, dealerships are not really motivated to lower their prices (supply & demand), so I wouldn't expect 35% off MSRP. 25 to 30% would be a fair deal at this time.

Good luck!
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:05 PM   #6

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy from Camping World/Gander, especially any located in the Atlanta metro area . The service techs there are beyond incompetent. I have been dealing with there lack or capability and/or lack of interest for two years. I have lost approximately 14 months of use a year over the past two years of ownership dealing with their service for warranty and PDI items. Comically bad.

Purchase from an independent dealer if at all possible. My prior RV was purchased from a small independent dealer, and was a good experience.
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaM3 View Post
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy from Camping World/Gander, especially any located in the Atlanta metro area . The service techs there are beyond incompetent. I have been dealing with there lack or capability and/or lack of interest for two years. I have lost approximately 14 months of use a year over the past two years of ownership dealing with their service for warranty and PDI items. Comically bad.

Purchase from an independent dealer if at all possible. My prior RV was purchased from a small independent dealer, and was a good experience.
X2

2020 Ram Longhorn 6.7 Cummins Aisin CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 371FLFS
JaycoAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp16au View Post
I have bought from RV direct before and am checking them as well. Their in-stock North Points are bare bones. Unless I want to order one and wait for delivery, I need to find one elsewhere.

Josh
Yeah I custom ordered mine because I wanted most of the options and I had them delete the skylights and OTA antenna. I did better than the prices they have online.

But sounds like u know what u doing to find the best price...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote