Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #1

Problem with Slide

I have an Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS. I am having issues getting the main slide to extend. What is happening is when the slide retracts, the metal piece that acts as a stop is getting caught on the frame, so when I go to extend the next time, the entire slide cant move. There is an adjusment that allows me to move the stop back, but it is still getting stuck in the frame. It will be later this month before my dealer can look at it, so in the mean time I just have to be super carefule retracting my slide.

Anybody else have this problem, and if so, is there an easy solution?
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #2

Are you talking about a little metal triangle?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikefan7 View Post
Are you talking about a little metal triangle?
No. If you look underneath on one end of the slide, there is a black piece with the gears on it. right next to it is a threaded piece with a round piece of metal screwed on it. (about the shape of a capacitor). This round piece of metal can be screwed in or out and hits the frame to prevent you from retracting the slide too far. However, with mine, the round metal piece actually gets caught in the hole in the frame, which prevents the slide from opening.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim665214 View Post
No. If you look underneath on one end of the slide, there is a black piece with the gears on it. right next to it is a threaded piece with a round piece of metal screwed on it. (about the shape of a capacitor). This round piece of metal can be screwed in or out and hits the frame to prevent you from retracting the slide too far. However, with mine, the round metal piece actually gets caught in the hole in the frame, which prevents the slide from opening.
post a pic
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

Here are a couple of pictures.

The first one shows the position the stop should be when the slide is closed. You can see the adjustment lock nut behind it. You just loosen that nut, and then unscrew the metal stop to the position where you need it.

The second picture is when the slide is opened. You can now see the hole in the frame, and on my RV, the stop will go up against the frame and get stuck in the hole, and not allow the slide to open. If I back the stop off too far, then there is nothing to stop the slide, and the gears will keep trying to close the slide, possibly doing damage to the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1679.JPG   IMG_1680.JPG  
Old 07-25-2017, 04:55 PM   #6

It's not supposed to go thru the hole, it is the stop adjustment. Yours is loose and out of adjustment.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
post a pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim665214 View Post
Here are a couple of pictures.

The first one shows the position the stop should be when the slide is closed. You can see the adjustment lock nut behind it. You just loosen that nut, and then unscrew the metal stop to the position where you need it.

The second picture is when the slide is opened. You can now see the hole in the frame, and on my RV, the stop will go up against the frame and get stuck in the hole, and not allow the slide to open. If I back the stop off too far, then there is nothing to stop the slide, and the gears will keep trying to close the slide, possibly doing damage to the trailer.
Thanks for the pics. I also have a Eagle HT and have adjusted the stop on my main slide. Are you sure your stop is getting stuck in your hole? Can you watch under there when your running your slide to see what is happening? It does look like your flange on your adjustable stop looks a little bent up.
I just went out and took a couple pics of mine for a reference.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170725_172038469.jpg   IMG_20170725_172148529.jpg  
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote