Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #1

Propane Furnace

I woke up to 42 degrees outside this morning and it was just a tad nippy inside at 53 degrees. I fired up the furnace for the first real time (I tested it a couple of times during and right after the initial delivery). I ran it for about 20 minutes and it was nice and toasty inside at that point. It is supposed to be in the 70's today so I shouldn't need it again today. I was surprised how fast it warmed things up.
Next week I'm going to hook up my external propane tank to get me through the winter (150 gallon). I really don't want to have to be changing the smaller tanks all winter (bad back).

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #2

Sounds like you are settling in nicely. I love how quickly our heater warms the tt up also. One thing we have to do is to remember to open the bathroom door, as it gets realllllly warm in there
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #3

Hi Ed, You should do just fine with your Designer. That extra Propane tank is a good idea. I saw a lot of fulltimers with the eztra tanks. They all had well built trailers too..
I tried this 4 years ago I had a Cardinal 5th I was living in Central Illinois near a job site. Well the weather wasn't cooperating in November it was in the Teens at nite. The Cardinal wasn't built like a Designer. I frooze too !!!!
We were in Texas last winter and had some cool, cold nites and we did fine.
Good Luck Wayne
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #4

My nephew has the 150 gallon tank and isn't using it, sooooooooo I'm borrowing it for the winter. The best part is he has a small tractor/loader and is delivering it to my home base site which is about a mile from his home and volunteered to help hook it up. Now if I can get him to pay for the fill up? Maybe that is pushing it a bit.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote