Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-16-2020, 03:49 PM   #1

Protection plans

We purchased our 2nd Pinnacle and will take delivery in two weeks. The dealer is has asked us about purchasing various protection plans, MAXXGARD (Interior and Exterior Appearance product) and ROUTE 66 RV NETWORK which covers unexpected repairs, breakdowns, etc. I've always been bit reluctant to purchase these products.

Are any members familiar with these companies? If yes, your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

If any members are using similar companies please give me your recommendations.

Thank you
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #2

There are several threads about roadside assistance companies and everyone of them have been great and everyone of them have been horrible. I've been very happy with AAA RV Plus.

I stopped taking out extended warranties on everything in 1985 and stopped keeping track of the money I saved when it hit $5,000 around 1995. I consider myself as self insured at this point. Except, we bought a home that had a home warranty included for the first year. We've broken even or came out ahead each year since so we've kept it.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
Site Team

Congratulations on the upcoming Pinnacle! I'm sure others will chime in with their experiences, but those "plans" are a significant money maker for the dealer, and cost thousands of dollars. Your new rig comes with a warranty, and if you're handy, you can take care of most other issues yourself, saving a lot of money. We were given a free year of Route 66 when we bought our TT, and never used it. On the same note we did switch from AAA to Good Sam Roadside Assistance after the year was up, but haven't used that one yet either. That was 8 years ago.

I don't have any knowledge on the appearance plans, so I can't comment further on those.

If you're considering them, look at the cost, and read ALL the fine print FIRST.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #4

How much is the dealer quoting you for the RV 66 Coverage? Their website shows full coverage for 129.95 per year.
https://www.route66rvclub.com/progra...oadside-tech24

We've always had Good Sam coverage for the past 15 years. Used them 3 times, got good service and didn't pay a dime. (anyone seen any Dimes lately?)

Is that Route 66 coverage good anywhere in the US or just where they have dealers?

Make sure you read the fine print on the MAXXGARD coverage. I passed on it when offered to me.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:17 AM   #5

Thank your for your assistance. It has helped me make the decision not to invest in the service.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote