Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2022, 05:09 PM   #21

I have one of these and it works well for my purposes. In some camp grounds the 20 amp is either not working or in terrible shape. Since i have a separately wired 120 A/C I plug into the 50 amp circuit and run the 30 for the coach and the 20 for the rear A/C
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
I have one of these and it works well for my purposes. In some camp grounds the 20 amp is either not working or in terrible shape. Since i have a separately wired 120 A/C I plug into the 50 amp circuit and run the 30 for the coach and the 20 for the rear A/C
If I understand you correctly, you are plugging into the 50A at the pedestal, and using the 30A side for the coach, and the 20A side for the AC.

Is this the kind of adapter that you have?

If so, that is opposite of the one that I referenced in the original post. The one in the original post uses the 30A and 20A plugs at the pedestal, and you plug your 50A cord into that.

Please correct me, if I don't understand...
cadman_ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadman_ks View Post
If I understand you correctly, you are plugging into the 50A at the pedestal, and using the 30A side for the coach, and the 20A side for the AC.

Is this the kind of adapter that you have?

If so, that is opposite of the one that I referenced in the original post. The one in the original post uses the 30A and 20A plugs at the pedestal, and you plug your 50A cord into that.

Please correct me, if I don't understand...

You are correct. I plug the adapter into the 50A at the pedestal and branch off the 30A and 20A. I don't think I've seen one that you describe
Old 07-20-2022, 08:52 PM   #24

Quote:
You are correct. I plug the adapter into the 50A at the pedestal and branch off the 30A and 20A. I don't think I've seen one that you describe
LOL, I've never seen the one that you described, until I looked for it today. I didn't even know the one you listed was a possibility.

I believe that the one that I listed is the more "common" one, but like I said, it's also the one that dies not work on most pedestals if you think that you are going to use both the 20A and 30A sides.

Learn something new every day!!!
Old 07-21-2022, 12:18 PM   #25

Quote:
LOL, I've never seen the one that you described, until I looked for it today. I didn't even know the one you listed was a possibility.

I believe that the one that I listed is the more "common" one, but like I said, it's also the one that dies not work on most pedestals if you think that you are going to use both the 20A and 30A sides.

Learn something new every day!!!

I've camped at sites where the 30 amp was in very bad shape, This dog bone allowed me to connect to the 50 amp to run my coach just fine. I have used it a number of times to avoid changing locations when i encounter pedestal problems.
Old 07-21-2022, 06:34 PM   #26

Quote:
I've camped at sites where the 30 amp was in very bad shape, This dog bone allowed me to connect to the 50 amp to run my coach just fine. I have used it a number of times to avoid changing locations when i encounter pedestal problems.
That's a great use for it!

I'm assuming that your unit has a 30A plug as the "main" power input. When you have a 50A like we do, we're doing everything in our power to hook up to 50A, especially when it's HOT!!!
Old 07-21-2022, 06:48 PM   #27

Quote:
That's a great use for it!

I'm assuming that your unit has a 30A plug as the "main" power input. When you have a 50A like we do, we're doing everything in our power to hook up to 50A, especially when it's HOT!!!

Yes, my unit is primarily 30 amp with the separate second 20 amp circuit for my rear A/C. In most cases, the pedestals are fine and I don't need the 50 amp dog bone, but it has come in handy on occasionally.