Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #1

Pullrite Superglide setup

We are one step closer to picking up our 5th wheel. The dealer installed the Superglide hitch today with the under bed rail kit. Never having one or never installed one. Does anyone know if this is set up correct? The base rails look like they are too far forward and the hitch is hanging off of the back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	superglide 2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	48166
Old 03-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #2

I have the Pullrite superglide and I think the rails are in the right spot but the hitch is not like ours. Out rails slide into the channels and I'm guessing that your hitch is 6"8" too far back and am wondering how it is connected to the rails?
Progressive EMS Hardwired
Beautiful Wife and Beautiful 11 YO Daughter
Standard Goldendoodle and Miniture Poodledoodle
Kahoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:48 PM   #3

Click image for larger version

Name:	superglide.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	48168

It looks like there is 3 sets of rails. The unpainted bed rails. Then there is the black rails that are pined to them. Next set of rails are the cross rails that the hitch is pined to. These are bolted to the black rails just below them.

I verified that the under bed super rails are in the correct place. The hitch has the king pin setup directly over the rear axle.

Not sure if i need all 3 sets of rails above the bed. I have zero experience with 5th wheel hitches.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:28 PM   #4

That does not look correct. The hitch should sit on top of the square tubes then hitch pins connect the hitch to the square tubes. I just installed the superails on my 2019 chevy.

The instructions for the chevy part #2328 have a picture on page 14 with the complete setup.

ISR Series SuperRail Mounting Kit 2011-2019 GMC | Fifth Wheel Hitches by PullRite
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:21 PM   #5

That is not correct. I hauled for the last several years with a Pullrite with the standard rails and mine did not sit like that. I am not clear as to what those rails attached to the bottom of your hitch are doing. The hitch itself should mount to the bed rails. There should be tabs on your hitch base that drop into the bed rails and are connected with a hitch pin. I attached a link to a YouTube video with some good pictures of what it should look like in your box

https://youtu.be/nbiGYttrY8Q
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 05:03 PM   #6

That looks funky all the way around compared to mine, so not sure if there's a different version now or what. I have a black plate that's at the end of the channel where the glide is. The base of mine is way bigger than the one you have but i'm confused as to why the channels of yours aren't connected either directly to the bed of your truck or to another set of rails. What are the silver rails connected to the bed of your truck?

https://imgur.com/a/AI2kTAV
Old 03-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #7

Well after a good deal of time on the phone today with the installer and Pullrite. Turns out it is set up correct. The hitch is the shorter 4100 standard series super glide. In order to be installed with the super rail under bed rails (non painted metal rails). They had to install an accessory rail kit.

After spending time on the phone today. I measured everything according to Pullrite’s set up instructions.

It looks Jenkey, but it’s correct. We will find out Friday. We are picking up a Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS. We are moving up from a Jayco Jay Flite 29 RKS TT.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBray View Post
Well after a good deal of time on the phone today with the installer and Pullrite. Turns out it is set up correct. The hitch is the shorter 4100 standard series super glide. In order to be installed with the super rail under bed rails (non painted metal rails). They had to install an accessory rail kit.

After spending time on the phone today. I measured everything according to Pullrite’s set up instructions.

It looks Jenkey, but it’s correct. We will find out Friday. We are picking up a Jayco Eagle 321 RSTS. We are moving up from a Jayco Jay Flite 29 RKS TT.
It appears it would add a lot of height to your hitch making it hard to have your FW level while towing.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
It appears it would add a lot of height to your hitch making it hard to have your FW level while towing.
Which is why I switched to a B&W Compnion slider. Adjustable height.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote