Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #1

Qc ????

Frame supports bending ?? What gives ,under rated slide motors , may i need to cancel my order for a 377they were suppose to order it tomorrow. These kind of problems setting on the lot and not fixing . U guys haven't had them 3 or 4 months . I'm worred now for sure. 65,000 head ache
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Forums.

Where you been?

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:23 AM   #3

I have no experience with trailers , rv's or motorhomes we only had tents when i was growing up . That is where i have been .
Old 06-27-2016, 05:01 AM   #4
Site Team

Your decision for sure but looking at the big picture, Jayco has been around for many years standing among the ruins of many rv companies that have come and gone.

The number of new units sold is a small fraction of what you hear about on this forum or any forum.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Frame supports bending ?? What gives ,under rated slide motors , may i need to cancel my order for a 377they were suppose to order it tomorrow. These kind of problems setting on the lot and not fixing . U guys haven't had them 3 or 4 months . I'm worred now for sure. 65,000 head ache
^^^^^ - Reads like an internet Troll wrote it - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here, and say this - We don't post about our Jayco, because we do not have issues to post about. Had ours almost 2 years now, and we're going back for a new one next year.

Ease up off the sky is falling, and snag one - the good news is if you hate it, you can generally get back out of a new trailer for about 1000.00 or so in losses. Depending on your purchase price of course.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #6

JAYCO's 1,000,000 unit rolled off the line this year and they expect to make 50,000 this year alone.

As norty1 said complaints are really few compared to sales. Also you rarely hear from the happy customers and the unhappy usually exaggerate.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:50 AM   #7

You are correct small amount of 5 th wheels on this forum and that is my reason for concern . How many people don't know there is a problem .
Old 06-27-2016, 06:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
You are correct small amount of 5 th wheels on this forum
Says who? There were close to a 1,000 responses to the FW poll and not every member participates or posts.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #9

When you buy these box on wheel, you buy fun, and frustration. If you are lucky enough you wont have any big problem, but many small annoying problem for sure,keep your standard low and lower.

QC is a vague concept , warranty is great but only if you can get the trailer in..... getting the parts in a timely manners is another story, do you like to fix thing yourself, plumbing, electricity, woodworking, ? If so go ahead if not , i wouldn't toss 65 k in the air to see if it will fall on fun or frustration.

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:48 AM   #10

Sounds like a "Caddy"best ride made but you better have deep pockets . Don't mind fixing stuff or doing mods . But with that being said I don't want fix things that should be done before it leaves the factory. Jayco makes a good product that is why any not looking at other manufacturers.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:04 AM   #11

Like has been said several times...It is not the good stories that get told on a daily basis, it is the bad stories. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease". Although there are 10 bad stories, there are thousands of good ones that are never told. I am personally very happy with my Jayco and although this is the first one I have owned, it will by no means be the last one.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #12

Quote...I don't want fix things that should be done before it leaves the factory. SNIP

You are heading for a big disapointment !

.....Jayco makes a good product...

Jayco makes a better product then most thats for sure , but its far from a quality product in regards of workmanship.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #13

I think that many big ticket products on the market (cars, boats, houses) come in a wide range of quality.
You can find really inexpensive RV's out there and they have very few features, low cost materials, lots of problems.
You can find premium priced RV's out there by manufacturers who really do build them one at a time, very carefully with lots of QC - and you'll spend premium dollars.
Or you can find a brand that is a good compromise.
I think Jayco fits that middle category of a good compromise most of the time. They mass produce these units so they make manufacturing mistakes for sure and they occasionally make design/engineering decisions we wish they wouldn't (like those brackets that are bending on many people) but even Elon Musk blows up rockets because they went just a little to light on support struts. And space is one of the most over-engineered, over QCed industries around.
Most of the time they make a solid unit. I can clean up a little saw dust out of the cabinets, and add some screws to the back of cabinets if it means I'm not paying a premium price.
But if I had a unit with a design/engineering flaw - like an underpowered slide or bending support brackets - I'd still raise hell!
I think as consumers we don't demand enough - not just in the RV industry.
But overall - Jayco is a solid product for the price IMHO.
But I'm also one of those people who's unit was almost perfect when I picked it up and is still doing fine 9 months later.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 PM   #14

I consider myself a 1%'r. Just happen to be one unlucky consumer who got a not so good one. Not pointing fingers of what happen but it would be nice to know if it was just a bad day at the factory or whatever.And I'm not an exaggerator either, when two different dealers agree with everything on your long repair list that confirms it. It's alarming for sure making a large purchase then hearing they have to peel up your roof around the whole radius to repair the problems underneath it. But it is nice to have a 2 year warranty when many don't. We are still happy with the purchase, we didn't ask for any money back just want it repaired and it's been in the shop since May. We are also having some upgrades done. Hopefully, when I finally get it back I can post some of the quality repairs that were made and upgrades. I'm staying positive and hoping for the best.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:57 PM   #15

I actually ordered mine this morning hoping for the best. I wish was like some people that are able to trade every couple of years if they weren't happy . I'm glad too be able to buy one and make it last are my hopes. Being new to RV's I was shocked about some of the problems that i am reading about. One that I have read about that seems to be on good side is they do stand behind there units and try to make it right. Thanks Shadester
Old 06-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #16

Thats sad that we..... hope for the best.... with all the money involved .

Anyway good luck , lots of fun ahead, its not all negative you know :-) as long as you have realistic objective all will be fine :-)

Old 06-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #17

You get a lot more attention online when you post complaints, some people enjoy attention. I see more Jayco's in campgrounds than just about any other brand, and 99% are happy....out of the 1%, 95% just aren't happy people.

Enjoy your new RV. Happy Camping and I hope you get one small story (that you can make a big story) to tell while sitting around the campfire ! LOL.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote