Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2016, 09:50 PM   #1

Question about North Point 301RETS with residential refrigerator

First post here... I've owned a couple of Forest River products but am switching to Jayco...

We are considering purchase of a 2016 North Point model 301RETS. Last thing for me to do before making an offer would be to ask them to connect a battery and run the kitchen slide in so that I can see whether or not I can get into the refrigerator with that slide closed. I forgot to check for this when we were on the lot and I can't tell from the pics I took whether the frig and freezer doors will clear the island. The rig we're looking at has the upgrade to the 23 cu ft residential refer.

Does anybody have the same and could tell me whether you can get in there with the slide closed? Thanks in advance for any help!

Mike
Sacramento, CA
mgood777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:42 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum mgood.
I don't have that model but looking at the 360 walk through, the island has the notch. The notch is so the island doesn't hit the freezer door when the slide is closed. Looks like the fridge door will open though.
I can open both doors on mine.
The downside of that is, yesterday on the way home I forgot to lock the fridge and a lot of fridge fodder ended up on the floor. Including the milk which the lid wasn't on properly.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 AM   #3

In our PINNACLE we have the SAMSUNG French Door and can open one side with the slide in.