Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #1

Questions after close inspection of new Pinnacle

The wife and I traveled from Atlanta to Tampa yesterday to inspect a couple of in stock units to decide for sure on which floor plan to order and want to pose these questions to the group.

In looking inside the basement access panel at the JayCommand installation I was somewhat surprised at the rats nest of wires running in all directions and with little effort to support/tie the wiring. Has this presented any issues as far as stressed/broken wires or connections for anyone? Has anyone taken the time to clean up the installation, if so how long did it take?

Also, we love the look of the bathroom shower with the tile look and the teak seat. The unit we spent the most time inspecting had a tile look insert that was very poorly executed. The inlay was not secured to the walls, there were very large bulged areas where it was obvious the insert was too large for the opening causing it to be pushed away from the walls. In one place it was preventing the shower door from sliding properly because it was rubbing on a bulge in the insert. Was this a problem with just this unit or is it pretty common with the tile look? If this is normal it made a tremendous argument for a standard fiberglass shower.

BTW, we’ve settled on the 36KPTS. This seems to be the best fit for us.

Last question, i would appreciate recommendations for pinnacle dealers that stand above the rest in terms of customer service, honesty, integrity and PID/delivery work. Where they are located isn’t as important as dealing with the right company, but places in the southeast would work better geographically. I can fly to their location as many times as needed until time for bringing it home.

Thanks in advance.

Bob
2022 F-350 XLT Diesel Dually (on order)
Next purchase Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 09:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paratrooper View Post
Last question, i would appreciate recommendations for pinnacle dealers that stand above the rest in terms of customer service, honesty, integrity and PID/delivery work. Where they are located isn’t as important as dealing with the right company, but places in the southeast would work better geographically. I can fly to their location as many times as needed until time for bringing it home.
The biggest problem you could encounter with doing that is getting warranty service after the sale. Many dealers will put you last on the list, if even on the list, if you don't buy from them. RV dealers are not franchised like a car dealer, they are all independent.
Old 06-27-2021, 11:12 AM   #3

Currently waiting for our 36kpts
rhone's rv, cogan station, pa
best for price and service
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
RJR

We have a 2021 Pinnacle 36 KPTS and love it. We love the floor plan, ordered the unit in August 2020 with delivery March 2021. A couple things we did and very glad we included are hydraulic disc brakes, double pane windows and full body paint. We have had zero issues and use the unit for approximately 180 days/nights per year. As to the walk-in shower, we were a bit concerned as to how it would hold up and so far no issues and the fit/finish has been good with no issues. We also have the on demand water heater which was subbed for the traditional 10 gallon gas/electric unit due to lack of availability of the 10 gallon unit. I would not order the on demand unit, however am not displeased either, just felt the money was better spent on other items. We used a small family owned Jayco exclusive dealer in Traverse City MI with very good prices and great service. I would recommend trying to find a smaller family owned Jayco exclusive dealer near you and stay away from the large corporate dealer.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paratrooper View Post
The wife and I traveled from Atlanta to Tampa yesterday to inspect a couple of in stock units to decide for sure on which floor plan to order and want to pose these questions to the group.

In looking inside the basement access panel at the JayCommand installation I was somewhat surprised at the rats nest of wires running in all directions and with little effort to support/tie the wiring. Has this presented any issues as far as stressed/broken wires or connections for anyone? Has anyone taken the time to clean up the installation, if so how long did it take?

Also, we love the look of the bathroom shower with the tile look and the teak seat. The unit we spent the most time inspecting had a tile look insert that was very poorly executed. The inlay was not secured to the walls, there were very large bulged areas where it was obvious the insert was too large for the opening causing it to be pushed away from the walls. In one place it was preventing the shower door from sliding properly because it was rubbing on a bulge in the insert. Was this a problem with just this unit or is it pretty common with the tile look? If this is normal it made a tremendous argument for a standard fiberglass shower.

BTW, we’ve settled on the 36KPTS. This seems to be the best fit for us.

Thanks in advance.
If you’re around Atlanta, NIRVC in Lawrenceville handled the warranty work for my Entegra/Jayco. I would call and ask if they could support you. Nice folk to deal with.
Old 06-27-2021, 01:26 PM   #6

Not in Atlanta but work out of ATL airport. Home is 100 miles away. I will certainly check with them, that distance is certainly doable.

Bob
2022 F-350 XLT Diesel Dually (on order)
Next purchase Pinnacle 36KPTS
Old Paratrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:06 PM   #7

I have a Northpoint, step below a Pinnacle. I added dics brakes to mine, and worth every penny. Get one with disc brakes, you wont regret it.
As far as the rats nest behind the wall,... I think it's an industry standard. Lol! My previous 5er was a train wreck and my Northpoint wasnt any better. In doing a few projects on it I had to get in there and i cleaned up some of it but didnt go overboard like my OCD wanted me to. One mod I did do was re route and relocate the flex vents from the furnace to the duct plenum's. Got better air flow dispersement and sealed up the plenum ends better.
As far as a dealer, I would go with one "locally" to you as far as you want to drag it for ANY kind of work.
My dealer would work on anything until this COVID nonsense happened. They didnt want to but had to make the decision to limit working on only units that were sold there. If someone was passing thru and had an emergency, they would not turn them away. It seems like a lot more dealers are doing this.
Old 06-27-2021, 02:31 PM   #8

Ours has the rats nest wiring which I have somewhat cleaned up. Our previous fifth wheel was an Excel, a rather higher end fifth wheel with a good reputation for quality. It had the same rats nest of wires behind the bay storage. I guess as long as they are connected correctly all is good.

We bought ours from McGaugh RV in Springdale, AR. They are a very small dealer and had the best price around for our 32RLTS. We've had it in for a couple of issues and the service was great. Very knowledgeable folks.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:24 PM   #9

Southern RV in McDonough, GA is our Jayco dealer, and they’ve been really good to work with. We custom ordered our Eagle and they were by far the best price we were quoted. And service after the sale has been really good.
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote