Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2018, 04:11 PM   #1

R.V. wholesalers

Are there any other wholesalers besides R.V. One that can come close to their price?
They gave me a great price on the pinnacle and a good price for my trade. Then they called back and said they gave me the wrong quote on our trade. They want to give me $4000 less. We tried to meet them in the middle but they won’t budge so we are looking to see if anyone else matches their prices.
Sjkelly328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:14 PM   #2

Not sure about prices, but I didn't have a good experience with R.V. One for service after the sale type stuff. Lesson learned for me, is to go with a more localized dealer. Just my two cents and happy shopping!
Jdmcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #3

I purchased in 2009 from RV One and didn't have any issues. I thought we got a pretty good deal. I had one warranty issue after the fact and it was handled by my local Jayco Dealer without any major problems.

A few years later, RV One purchased that local dealer and I had an issue with the camper and called them for service. They told me it was a three month wait.

When we were shopping for our current camper I expected to purchase from RV One again. They were kind of strange in store to deal with and their on line pricing wasn't that great. I inquired about how long it would take for a warranty issue on a new unit and was told three months. I went to General RV down the street and asked them the same question and they said three months. I asked both if it mattered if I purchased there or not and both said it would make no difference on wait time or service quality.

I got a price for a custom order from Indiana RV Connection and they smoked the pants off everyone. I took a chance and ordered my current RV from them and couldn't be happier. I had to put 10% down for the order but they did a conventional purchase after my inspection of the unit. It was a pretty good experience. They could have cleaned the camper a little bit better. The finance manager there beat everyone and was nice doing it. I did have to drive up to Indiana to pick it up. It was a nice trip.

OH......Better to get a premium listing on RV Trader and sell your unit yourself than to trade. Done this twice and well worth the wait cause it makes it much nicer to get a better deal on new purchase.
Fixentwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #4

My brother traded in his pickup and 2 days later the dealership called and said an error was made and he owed them$3,500.00 more plus tax. He laughed and said a deal in writing is a done deal.

So they called back and said they were sending someone for the truck and if he tried to stop them they would call the local Sheriff. So he called the Sheriff and they offered to meet this person.

After a few calls to Dodge the dealership backed off.

So the moral is, if it ain't in writing you got noting. But if it is, hit them hard!

Glad you found out about this low ball offer before you went down there to make the deal.

And, help us out by telling others what they do!
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Call Indiana RV Connection, they are real good on new prices. (888) 640-3110
2017 Dodge Ram 2500, Laramie Longhorn, 4x4 Crewcab, 6.4L Hemi, 6' 4" Box, 3.73 Rear End, Dodge Air Bag System, Pullrite 16K, 2700 Hitch

Navy Veterian 🇺🇸 - Retired Nurse 💉
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #6

I went to RV Direct or One and got a great price, but they couldn't deliver the trailer in time so I went to Buffalo RV which is part of the the RV One family and they came close to the online price. They had some pull with Jayco and had prte ordered some 2018 units and was able to get a trailer delivered before I went on vacation.
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote