Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #1

Random notes from 3000 miles and 2 weeks

Just completed an epic (for us) road trip with our new 377RLBH. Philly area to Aiken, SC to Orlando, FL to New Smyrna Beach, FL to Savannah, GA and back.

Family of three, we left the pup at home with a dog sitter because we had some days scheduled where we would be away from the camper at 12+ hours at a time.

We never felt claustrophobic in our 377, even after all that time. We loved spending every minute in it, from morning coffee to movies at night. Every room and every system worked great. Was so nice to have a large residential fridge to minimize the shopping trips.

The Furrion Vision2 Observation Camera is awesome, none of my other trailers had this feature and it was nice to not have to guess when I could safely change lanes. I also caught when our Swagman bike rack was working itself loose, threaded bolt was starting back out after a few thousand miles, keep an eye on that for those that use one.

Tons of Jayco TTs spotted on the road and campgrounds, very few Jayco 5ers seen. I counted five Eagles (one, a 32RLTS, we convoyed with for about 5hrs), three North Points, and one Pinnacle (I had a lot of spare time on my hands behind the wheel). Montanas ruled the day, Chaparrals came next, then a bunch of Sandpipers.

Traffic overall wasn’t terrible, except for yesterday. Day before Easter is not a smart time to travel, spent hours in almost standstill traffic from sheer volume.

RV parks were at capacity everywhere we went, thankfully we made reservations three months in advance.

New RV parks are starting to mimic clubs, Creekfire RV Resort near Savannah, GA was as upscale as any country club I’ve seen, beautiful facility (but brand new and working out some bugs).

My liver needs a vacation.

Lakeside camping, with a rear living floorplan backed up to the lake, is awesome.

The AC in the bedroom is only 4db louder than the Whisper Quiet unit in the main coach, but still woke me up every time it kicked on.

Four rolls of toilet paper lasted us two weeks, to the day.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:04 AM   #2

We run the bedroom AC fan on continuous for that reason when it's hot enough to need it. With the fan already running I sleep through the compressor cylcing. Also helps when the onboard generator is running over night. It even helps drown outside noises.

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
We run the bedroom AC fan on continuous for that reason when it's hot enough to need it. With the fan already running I sleep through the compressor cylcing. Also helps when the onboard generator is running over night. It even helps drown outside noises.

Earl
Ditto, we need the continuous fan action as well lol.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:14 AM   #4

How do you put the AC into constant fan with cooling mode? My thermostats only have the following modes, if I recall correctly:

Cool low
Cool high
Cool low Auto
Cool high Auto
Fan
Heat
Off

Hmm, maybe I just answered my own question. Either of the two NON-Auto cool modes will do what you describe?

I assumed non-Auto meant it would keep cooling regardless of thermostat setting.

Todd
Just outside Philly
2018 377RLBH
2019 Ford F450 Platinum
Old Faithful: 2004 GMC Sierra 3500 Diesel Dually
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #5

Hey lowmiler
You have the right answer. Cool hi or low has the fan run all the time on either high or low and then the compressor will come on as needed to maintain the temperature set on your thermostat
Meadowlark paint
Iraq 69 is offline   Reply With Quote