Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #21

Unsure about the convections. This is just a standard non convection microwave. I'll update if I am wrong or I hear back from Jayco. My 355 is currently in the shop for some warranty work.
mghill77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mghill77 View Post
Unsure about the convections. This is just a standard non convection microwave. I'll update if I am wrong or I hear back from Jayco. My 355 is currently in the shop for some warranty work.
Just curious. . . What is the brand and model of the new microwave?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #23

Brand is HighPoint. Unsure of the model but I can get it when I get mine back, hopefully Saturday.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Brand is HighPoint. Unsure of the model but I can get it when I get mine back, hopefully Saturday.
High Pointe manuals are here: https://www.collinssupport.com/manuals.php

It looks like most of them just have simple 90 degree duct on top to vent out the front. A duct could be fashioned and vented to the back and outside instead.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:54 PM   #25

We just bought the same model, new 2018. Keep an eye out. Our Micro comes on by itself. We will have it in for warranty before we head out in the spring. For now it is just unplugged. But like others, none of our microwaves have been vented. GL and enjoy!
Bowwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:52 AM   #26

Quote:
I just purchased a 355mbqs and have the same issue. .....Mine was built in June of 2019 and have found them as early as April. With the exhaust vent installed I have found them as early as August 2019 and later. So, somewhere between June and August, Jayco made the change on the 355mbqs. Look at my attached pictures and you will see the early picture without the vent is early 2019 and with the vent is late 2019. ......I currently have a case open with Jayco about this.
If yours was truly built in June of 2019, you might check the Flux Capacitor. Your time travel thingy is probably at fault.

BTW, we've never seen a microwave vented anywhere other than into the room it's installed in. The only outside vent for our 321 RSTS is for the stove hood vent, as far as we can tell.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:15 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog3loves View Post
If yours was truly built in June of 2019, you might check the Flux Capacitor. Your time travel thingy is probably at fault.

BTW, we've never seen a microwave vented anywhere other than into the room it's installed in. The only outside vent for our 321 RSTS is for the stove hood vent, as far as we can tell.
Ha, good point and nice catch. If only I could do the time travel thing like I indicated. Build dates are 2018 and model years are 2019.

I'm trying to get the exact model number of the microwave unit installed in the 2019's. I left all my manuals in the RV when I brought it to the shop. Most other Eagles prior to 2019 model year have a different microwave with a Vent hood to vent to the outside. The 2019 units have a new microwave without the vent hood. If they are putting an exhaust vent on later 2019's with the exact same microwave I would sure hope they are venting outside and not putting a hole in the wall that serves no purpose. Most over range microwaves (Residential Style) I have seen have the option to vent out the front, top, or back. You just have to change the configuration of the vent when you install it. Now, this particular microwave could be different which is what I am trying to find out from Jayco. But like I said, if they don't have the option to vent to the outside why are later models having the vents installed. One way or another I would like to vent all that hot air to the outside of the RV. If they truly don't vent to the outside then I will likely just install a Maxxair fan and be done with it.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Ha, good point and nice catch. If only I could do the time travel thing like I indicated. Build dates are 2018 and model years are 2019.

I'm trying to get the exact model number of the microwave unit installed in the 2019's. I left all my manuals in the RV when I brought it to the shop. Most other Eagles prior to 2019 model year have a different microwave with a Vent hood to vent to the outside. The 2019 units have a new microwave without the vent hood. If they are putting an exhaust vent on later 2019's with the exact same microwave I would sure hope they are venting outside and not putting a hole in the wall that serves no purpose. Most over range microwaves (Residential Style) I have seen have the option to vent out the front, top, or back. You just have to change the configuration of the vent when you install it. Now, this particular microwave could be different which is what I am trying to find out from Jayco. But like I said, if they don't have the option to vent to the outside why are later models having the vents installed. One way or another I would like to vent all that hot air to the outside of the RV. If they truly don't vent to the outside then I will likely just install a Maxxair fan and be done with it.
A quick check of those installation manuals yesterday told me there are 2 types. One appears residential as you described. The other is what I described. I think either could be adapted, but that remains to be seen.

I am hoping that this is not a growing trend with Jayco. I think it has been a hallmark of some of the Keystone trailers under Thor. Basically, just a cheap way out of saving a little money.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:53 AM   #29

When in doubt, I read the High Pointe manual. The exhaust can be vented out the back (sidewall), up (roof vent), or recirculate (current position) back into the RV. The dealer sent a mobile RV repair company out yesterday to fix a water leak in the underbelly (grey tank sensor had blown out). I ask them about venting to the outside. No issue. Cost approximately $450 to have it done.
Aggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #30

Micrwave/range vent combos vent from the top rear. There could be a vertical stack out the roof.

2016 23MB Jayflight
2016 GMC 1500 5.3 4X4 Z71
jtrhodes99 is offline   Reply With Quote