Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #21

Well I'm into my fourth month having the slide fixed. I think it would have been more efficient to ship out a whole new slide mechanism than replacing parts until it worked right. The new motor does not synch with the controller and the old motor does not synch with the new controller. So I'm told. I think it's become one of those project trailers where time is put toward it when things are slow. As long as its fixed right when I get it back, I'll be happy.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #22

schwintex slide problem

Hi, just became a member, my wife and I just bought a 2011 321RLMS with the huge slide, used by an elderly couple 6 times, got it home and the monster slide would not retract, finaly found a broken wire from the switch to the controllers. My question is this; does anyone have a schematic of the 13997-A dasiy chain controllers, Jayco nor Lippert who bought schwintex have such a thing, so they tell.

Thanks, Hapacoca
Hapacoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #23

We have 2012 351 MKTS the large slide with Schwintek has been a headache...had it back to factory in July and they replaced the whole Schwintek slide system with larger motors and side pieces along with the controller for that slide...for the refrigerator side which would not go out evenly with the TV side....had to override twice to get it in manually. Have not had a chance to use it much since replacement but noticed the controller is giving us the 6 red blinks and 1 green which indicates motor problems. That was what it was doing when the factory wanted us to bring it in for repairs. 3rd Jayco, first new one for us and we have been frustrated but Jayco is trying to get it fixed which is more than I can say about other manufacturers you read about in Trailer Life magazine. So keeping fingers crossed!
W Kearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #24

I camped next to a man with a 2012 26.5 RLS. He stated on his first outing, the slide would not go in. He had to use a "sawsall" to cut the system then manhandle the slide in. Jayco, replaced it at no cost. Not sure what kind of slide mech it was.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #25

Unhappy 2 slideout motors replaced on 2011 Pinnacle

The motor on our large slide went out within the first 6 months. We bought it new. It was replaced under warranty but the replacement is still very sluggish. We asked the dealer then to replace all 3 but they said they couldn't replace them until they failed. The couch slide out failed on us last month during a trip to the Smoky Mountains. Two months out of warranty, it cost approximately $1000 to replace plus having to stay put 2 days longer than we had planned. We have contacted Jayco and asked them to reimburse the cost but so far no determination has been received. They did tell us to send them the bill and they will consider a concession so hopefully they will step up.

This is our first Jayco and we have had more problems with this fifth wheel than any we have owned previously. I expected much better from a high end fw. At this point, I don't know that I would purchase another.

Don
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 36RETS
2012 Ford F350 DRW
don2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #26

I just got my owners mail from the factory yesterday. It says there is a panel to override the motors that also takes them out of sync. It says to do this if there is a problem/emergency situation in which you cannot get the slid to retract. My TT is a White Hawk 30DSRE. Can anyone tell me where this monitor panel is located in this coach? I have visited the Schwintech web site and saw the same information listed on how to override the system. At my dealer when we did the PDI last month they said I would access the motors from under the unit which I know is wrong as these motors reside above the top guide rails, not the lower ones. I think our technician was thinking about the other slide on our TT that is not a Schwintech and would in fact be manually retracted from under the TT.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #27

Found the control panel. Its located nehind the facia panel under the fridge. Feeling better.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #28

So ... I know this is an old thread but wanted to know how people have been doing with these systems. Has the new motors and rails worked?
I have an 07 with the old school setup and it seems to always work. But we are looking at a new Jayco and the last thing I wan to deal with is weather or not the slide is going in or out... not the way I want to end or start a weekend trip. Our Free time is precious and I don't - can't be spending time in the shop on vacation.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
So ... But we are looking at a new Jayco and the last thing I wan to deal with is weather or not the slide is going in or out... not the way I want to end or start a weekend trip. Our Free time is precious and I don't - can't be spending time in the shop on vacation.
Our rig is a 2011 model. We were told by the dealer that Jayco was changing the slide out controllers in the 2012 model. We did have trouble with 1 controller on a trip. After searching Youtube found out how to resolve the issue and override controller and/or remove Swchintech motor in the future. Replaced the controller and not had any issues since (knock on wood)!!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #30
Site Team

We have one on our bedroom slide. It has been trouble free for 3 years.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #31

Knock on wood I have not had any trouble with either slide on mine. But I make sure it goes clear in and out have not stop in between. That is what the dealer told us to do. So far so good. Now probably jinks myself.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #32

We experienced trouble retracting the Schwintek operated huge kitchen/enterainment center slide in our Pinnacle last year. Unfortunately, it was totally my own doing.

We pulled into our camp site and without setting down the front landing gear or rear jacks, I had the DW move the slide out. Oops! I knew better but did it anyway. I was attempting to see if I had sufficient room between the extended slide and the shore power post. I will never do that again. All set ups since are completely level before any slides are extended and no other problems since. Our bedroom slide is also Schwintek operated while the dining room/couch slide is operated with the universal system.

Just remember when you operate a Schwintek slide, do not stop the slide moving it in or out until the motor shuts off on its own. This is very important with the Schwintek system.

I hope my experience proves useful to someone else.

2011 Jayco Pinnacle 35LKTS
2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.7L
Air Lift 5000 Ultimate w/72000 Wireless compressor
PullRite SuperGlide w/SuperRails
Str8shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post
We experienced trouble retracting the Schwintek operated huge kitchen/enterainment center slide in our Pinnacle last year. Unfortunately, it was totally my own doing.

We pulled into our camp site and without setting down the front landing gear or rear jacks, I had the DW move the slide out. Oops! I knew better but did it anyway. I was attempting to see if I had sufficient room between the extended slide and the shore power post. I will never do that again. All set ups since are completely level before any slides are extended and no other problems since. Our bedroom slide is also Schwintek operated while the dining room/couch slide is operated with the universal system.

Just remember when you operate a Schwintek slide, do not stop the slide moving it in or out until the motor shuts off on its own. This is very important with the Schwintek system.

I hope my experience proves useful to someone else.
X2, always make sure the coach is level, on shore power (if possible), never stop half way in or out and continue holding the button approx. 3 seconds after slide stops at full travel in or out.
We fulltime and move every week or two so ours get used a lot and since I have learned what to do and what not to do, we have not had any problems.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #34
Lost in the Woods

I damaged the trim on a Motorhome slide when it opened on a 12 volt charger that had fallen in the space while traveling so have gotten in the habit of stopping midway and checking behind the trim for odds and ends. I don't know what make the mechanism on my Jayco is, but fortunately it isn't as finicky as the ones discussed in this thread. I can move the slide out when stopping for lunch and still hooked up to the truck. Guess I'd better be knocking on my wooden head
3330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #35

Agree with Shooter and Rob regarding operation of the slides. I have looked at many new Jayco's with this mechanism at dealer lots not one coach with these slides (most have 2) had both slides that we're flesh with the coach on both sides most had one that was a half an inch or more off on one side, usually the right side. My bedroom slide is flush the kitchen slide us odd 1/4 inch on the right side. What are your experiences ? Dealer said not to worry unless the weather comes in, is this normal?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:15 PM   #36

So... none of this gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling.
1 I wont - can't always be level before pushing a slide out, Rest areas, walmart, shopping center ETC. there are going to be times where I need access and not always in a level perfect area... there is going to be some grades

2 I can't stop? with out fear of damage? WTF I can't believe this is even an issue. What if it is just me? guess maybe there is a remote not sure. But really can't stop?

I have to be honest when I saw the new setup I was like cool that looks very cool an precise setup, but with all the info I see I'm almost afraid to even buy a RV now with 1 let alone 3-4. IF the system can't take a stop and start or some non level situations I think I might be avoiding Jayco Please tell me I am wrong.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #37

The small bedroom Schwintek slide is not so touchy, it can be operated when the 5er is not level or on a grade.
The problem is the large Schwintek slide, I think the system is close to being maxed out with the Entertainment Center, Microwave, Stove and Refrigerator in the slide.
When the 5er is level, the large slide works but seems to struggle, when it is not level it will not work and will stall, and if you stop it half way open and reverse it, it gets out of sync pretty easily
As far as our slide closing all the way, they close great, all three of them open all the way and close flush on both sides and top and bottom.
Our floorplan allows us access to the refrigerator, bathroom and bedroom with all slides in, so we have never had a need to open anything at the grocery store or rest stop.
In 2 1/2 years of fulltime, usually traveling every week or two North to South, Coast to Coast, we setup level before opening the large Schwintek slide. (The addition of the Reico Titan Leveling system sure makes it easy)
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #38

I have 2 schwintek slides on our rv (bedroom & kitchen) that have been used at least 30 times without any problems. I stop them midway most every time looking for things that may be in the way. My slides retract and extend all the way every time. I wouldn't have a problem getting these slides on another rv if and when I do buy another one.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:02 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
So... none of this gives me the warm and fuzzy feeling.
1 I wont - can't always be level before pushing a slide out, Rest areas, walmart, shopping center ETC. there are going to be times where I need access and not always in a level perfect area... there is going to be some grades

2 I can't stop? with out fear of damage? WTF I can't believe this is even an issue. What if it is just me? guess maybe there is a remote not sure. But really can't stop?

I have to be honest when I saw the new setup I was like cool that looks very cool an precise setup, but with all the info I see I'm almost afraid to even buy a RV now with 1 let alone 3-4. IF the system can't take a stop and start or some non level situations I think I might be avoiding Jayco Please tell me I am wrong.
Hey, Dave don't sweat it man!!

"As is with life, things ain't always gonna be perfect and things ain't always got to be perfect to work."

You don't have to be perfectly level for any of RV these systems to work. Rarely, are we perfectly level!!

We've had one issue with our schwinteck slide-out sysytems. i was able to resolve it. I found the operating instructions online printed a copy and keep those in the coach. I also You-tubed Schwintech and found several helpful videos.

Don't sweat the small stuff and remember 95% of life is small stuff!

Take the plunge!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:17 AM   #40
Site Team

I have the br schwinteck slide and we are often not perfectly level. I frequently stop and start it going in and out for almost 3 years.

No problems.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote