Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #21

Well I'm into my fourth month having the slide fixed. I think it would have been more efficient to ship out a whole new slide mechanism than replacing parts until it worked right. The new motor does not synch with the controller and the old motor does not synch with the new controller. So I'm told. I think it's become one of those project trailers where time is put toward it when things are slow. As long as its fixed right when I get it back, I'll be happy.

Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #22

schwintex slide problem

Hi, just became a member, my wife and I just bought a 2011 321RLMS with the huge slide, used by an elderly couple 6 times, got it home and the monster slide would not retract, finaly found a broken wire from the switch to the controllers. My question is this; does anyone have a schematic of the 13997-A dasiy chain controllers, Jayco nor Lippert who bought schwintex have such a thing, so they tell.

Thanks, Hapacoca

Hapacoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #23

We have 2012 351 MKTS the large slide with Schwintek has been a headache...had it back to factory in July and they replaced the whole Schwintek slide system with larger motors and side pieces along with the controller for that slide...for the refrigerator side which would not go out evenly with the TV side....had to override twice to get it in manually. Have not had a chance to use it much since replacement but noticed the controller is giving us the 6 red blinks and 1 green which indicates motor problems. That was what it was doing when the factory wanted us to bring it in for repairs. 3rd Jayco, first new one for us and we have been frustrated but Jayco is trying to get it fixed which is more than I can say about other manufacturers you read about in Trailer Life magazine. So keeping fingers crossed!
W Kearney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #24

I camped next to a man with a 2012 26.5 RLS. He stated on his first outing, the slide would not go in. He had to use a "sawsall" to cut the system then manhandle the slide in. Jayco, replaced it at no cost. Not sure what kind of slide mech it was.
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #25

Unhappy 2 slideout motors replaced on 2011 Pinnacle

The motor on our large slide went out within the first 6 months. We bought it new. It was replaced under warranty but the replacement is still very sluggish. We asked the dealer then to replace all 3 but they said they couldn't replace them until they failed. The couch slide out failed on us last month during a trip to the Smoky Mountains. Two months out of warranty, it cost approximately $1000 to replace plus having to stay put 2 days longer than we had planned. We have contacted Jayco and asked them to reimburse the cost but so far no determination has been received. They did tell us to send them the bill and they will consider a concession so hopefully they will step up.

This is our first Jayco and we have had more problems with this fifth wheel than any we have owned previously. I expected much better from a high end fw. At this point, I don't know that I would purchase another.

Don
2011 Jayco Pinnacle 36RETS
2012 Ford F350 DRW
don2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #26

I just got my owners mail from the factory yesterday. It says there is a panel to override the motors that also takes them out of sync. It says to do this if there is a problem/emergency situation in which you cannot get the slid to retract. My TT is a White Hawk 30DSRE. Can anyone tell me where this monitor panel is located in this coach? I have visited the Schwintech web site and saw the same information listed on how to override the system. At my dealer when we did the PDI last month they said I would access the motors from under the unit which I know is wrong as these motors reside above the top guide rails, not the lower ones. I think our technician was thinking about the other slide on our TT that is not a Schwintech and would in fact be manually retracted from under the TT.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #27

Found the control panel. Its located nehind the facia panel under the fridge. Feeling better.
Z71 Extended Cab w/Longbed, 5.3 ltr

Coleman Tent, Flagstaff Pop-Up, Jayco Eagle, Flagstaff Pop-Up, RPM Toy Hauler, Jayco White Hawk - Our camping evolution
stjohneyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:17 PM   #28

So ... I know this is an old thread but wanted to know how people have been doing with these systems. Has the new motors and rails worked?
I have an 07 with the old school setup and it seems to always work. But we are looking at a new Jayco and the last thing I wan to deal with is weather or not the slide is going in or out... not the way I want to end or start a weekend trip. Our Free time is precious and I don't - can't be spending time in the shop on vacation.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustdave View Post
So ... But we are looking at a new Jayco and the last thing I wan to deal with is weather or not the slide is going in or out... not the way I want to end or start a weekend trip. Our Free time is precious and I don't - can't be spending time in the shop on vacation.
Our rig is a 2011 model. We were told by the dealer that Jayco was changing the slide out controllers in the 2012 model. We did have trouble with 1 controller on a trip. After searching Youtube found out how to resolve the issue and override controller and/or remove Swchintech motor in the future. Replaced the controller and not had any issues since (knock on wood)!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #30
Site Team

We have one on our bedroom slide. It has been trouble free for 3 years.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote