Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 AM   #11

Welcome. I am on my second new unit from Jayco and my first unit was great to us. First I will say that Jayco stands behind their product and are fairly responsive in attending to their customers either directly or through the dealer network. I am sure you are going to find a few cases where they may not have done right by the customer and as long as I have owned a Jayco product and been on this forum I think I can count on one hand where there has been such an issue mentioned here.

Definitely say plywood over particle and Jayco floor is plywood. Walls are thick and insulate very well. New Quite AC is considerably quieter then the older units.

When I first looked at Jayco it was the overall feel I got when going into the unit that first impressed me. Quality showed through on the craftsmanship and cabinetry. Jayco did not nickle and dime you on all the added bonus features like solid surface counter tops, aluminum rims, recessed lighting, TV's, added AC BTU's and a few other key components that we wanted. I felt like the "other" guys showed you the loaded unit then gave you a low end base and now you added all the pluses putting the units higher then the loaded Jayco. Just my experience and may not be true in all cases. I custom ordered both units.

This time around I toyed with the leveling, but from what I have read it has a lot of issues and may not be worth the investment. I did not do double pane as I am not parking this in a seasonal site and do not use it in the colder months when this may have it's biggest benefit. Second AC for sure as it does get very humid here on the EC during the summer and it can get to 100 degrees. You just have the luxury of having warm weather all year down in FL. Summer is hot all the way to Canada and I have needed 2 units on many a day in the Northeast.

One thing I did not like on another brand was one switch slide maneuvering. You pushed the button and the lightest slide went first and so on until they were all out. This was a big negative in my book. The main reason was hydraulic vs electric and I was also told that in some state and national parks Hydraulic slides were not permitted due to possible leaks. Needless to say having the slides on independent switches was my main reason as you need to have this ability, especially if you stop in rest stops and want to get in your unit or eat a quick meal.

We have not regretted the purchase and hope my new unit lives up the name as my last unit did.

A good dealer can make all the difference after the sale too, so choose wisely while you hold the leverage.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #12

We have bought our first Jayco and Love it. We have had other units and this one has been far the best in workman ship and very few problems. You are going to have trouble with all them. But Jayco has a 2 year warranty bumper to bumper. And there service dept is the best and the friendliest ones that I have worked with. They know there units also if you have questions about them. Yes I would buy another one. Go to Montana forum and read on it and get some ideas. You will get some people that will hate anything. Good luck on your decision.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #13

I felt your pain in that post. I heard a TED talk on NPR that discussed choice. It basically said that having choice should be liberating, but in this modern world with so many choices, that choice brings paralysis not liberation. We spent 6 months "shopping" every venue, RV Show, showroom floor, brochures, YouTube and periodicals and in the end we were paralyzed with so many brands, models, styles and floor plans. My wife was ready to strangle me and my hand wringing over making the wrong decision. All I can say is that in the end I echo all the other replies that mention the two year warranty and overall experience of Jayco quality. I liked that they are family owned instead of stockholder owned. When folks ask me about our buying an RV I say "let's just say mistakes were made", but all in all we're happy with our Jayco.
fjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmeyer View Post
I felt your pain in that post. I heard a TED talk on NPR that discussed choice. It basically said that having choice should be liberating, but in this modern world with so many choices, that choice brings paralysis not liberation. We spent 6 months "shopping" every venue, RV Show, showroom floor, brochures, YouTube and periodicals and in the end we were paralyzed with so many brands, models, styles and floor plans. My wife was ready to strangle me and my hand wringing over making the wrong decision. All I can say is that in the end I echo all the other replies that mention the two year warranty and overall experience of Jayco quality. I liked that they are family owned instead of stockholder owned. When folks ask me about our buying an RV I say "let's just say mistakes were made", but all in all we're happy with our Jayco.
fjmeyer

I think this is the best first post I have ever read from any site.
And the scary thing is it totally describes me.

David

imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote