Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #41

[QUOTE=2naEagle;483029]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catholic for a reason View Post
I haven't measured the overall height yet...it is tall. If I had to guess the overall height increased by 4-5 inches. I'll measure it as soon as I have a chance and get back with you.

Have you been able to measure the overall height I would really like to know.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you 2na...So, I never measured the overall height of my rig before the flip, but the Jayco specs say it was 158"...so I'll have to go with that as my baseline.

I just got out today and measured it after the flip. I was surprised to find that sitting level (front to back) the rear A/C was actually the tallest part of the rig (the flexible radio antenna is probably a little higher than the rear A/C, but I'm not too concerned about that antenna, since it's flexible).

So...here's the verdict, the top of the rear A/C sits at 165". Seven inches taller than Jayco's advertised height at delivery. I really don't think I picked up a full 7" of height doing the flip. I believe that 158 number was probably wrong to start, but that's all I have to go off of since I didn't measure it beforehand.

So 165"...that's the number. Pretty tall, but as I mentioned before I feel like it was worth it. It was very stressful towing that thing around and dragging the jacks on just about any incline or dip. I'm a happy camper.

Hope that helps. God bless.

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. -St. (Mother) Teresa
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #42

Hi Catholic for a reason,

Doesn't 165" put you over the legal limit of 13'6" by 3"?
oh355mbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayco325bhqsoh View Post
Hi Catholic for a reason,

Doesn't 165" put you over the legal limit of 13'6" by 3"?
It very well could...If 13'6" is the overall height limit, then yes, I'm over by 3". I do know that as it stood before, it was just a matter of time before I incurred some expensive damage to the rear end. In my assessment, it was a trade-off with no perfect solution. I wish that this hadn't been an issue, but it was, and the risk of being a bit taller than I should IMHO be is better than the stress that came along with something as simple as pulling into a filling station or out of my driveway. Like I mentioned before, I'm happy with the outcome.

It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish. -St. (Mother) Teresa
Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:17 AM   #44

Thanks for getting back with us.
I picked up my new 315RLTS in January. I had negotiated a deal for them to do the same on my trailer. But on the way home I went under a bridge that was 13'6". So I called and cancelled that move. I did have it adjusted up the one adjustment hole it had and heavy duty shackles and wet bolts put on. The trailer is 13'6" at the highest point. It pulls level and all looks good.
I did go under the bridge with no problem. I don't think people realize just how high these things are.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #45

what did jayco do to raise your unit?
philfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfishes View Post
what did jayco do to raise your unit?
On mine I had the dealer do the adjusting before pick up.

[IMG][/IMG]
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:36 PM   #47

Send a message via Skype™ to Rvwench
It's definitely worth doing everything you can to raise those rear jacks on the Northpoint. We managed to bend one going into a parking lot on the way home after picking it up last fall. We took it off at home and beat the bent bracket back so it's not as bent, and it works, but it's definitely still out of true.

And just today, while moving it to a new spot where we are in Washington for the next two weeks, there was a low spot in the road (we're at a KOA), and the left rear (the other one) managed to drag, and bent it. We had to jack up the trailer, right there in the road, and remove it so we could clear the low spot. So now both our rear jacks are bent, less than a year into having the rig. They both work, but it will take some more pounding on the newly bent one when we get home in mid-August to get it back into shape.

We're looking at close to $1000 to replace the pair. We're likely stuck with the bent ones until we can scratch up the cash to get them.

Vicky & John Rowe
North Kakalackie