Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #1

Rear Wall & Roof Seam

I was on the roof the other day inspecting some of the seams and noticed an area that concerned me. It is at the rear wall and roof radius seam on both sides, the radius has what looks to be clear silicone instead of self leveling lap. The joint has lap sealant on all along the middle and ladder attachment point but right at radius is clear "silicone". Not sure if it is actually silicone but that is what it looks like. The "silicone" appears to be starting to peel up on the edges. This is factory sealant by the way.

I have a tan roll of Eternabond and debating if I should seal the entire rear seam or just take the silicone off and apply lap sealant.

Has anyone had this issue or sealed the entire rear seam with Eternabond?

Thanks
Jamie

Jamie846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 PM   #2

I don't believe the factory uses any type of silicone caulk on the exterior. I have some clear on mine and Jayco said its OSI QUAD caulk which you can buy at Home Depot and its not silicone. Also Eternabond does not recommend applying the tape over silicone as it will not adhere. I would send off an email to Jayco with your VIN and ask what type of sealant they used in that area.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote