Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2015, 06:37 AM   #21

FYI in case someone else searches out and finds this thread. I found one other company that says their racks are built to be used on RV's, via a question I sent them:

https://www.1upusa.com/bicycleracks.html

Note they only do this for their "Heavy Duty" or "Super Duty" models.

Looks to be extremely high quality, with prices to match!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #22

Since our Pinnacle has a full rear cap there is no bumper so we use to mount our 2 bikes to the ladder with a Swagman ladder mount. With all the bouncing around and the weight of 2 Schwinn's the ladder now has a bow in it and it was time to re-think.

To have a welder install a receiver on the rear with the proper bracing would probably mean that the receiver is going to be mounted to low for our taste.

So we had the welder install a 2" receiver, with the proper bracing, to the front of our truck and now have a Swagman XTC Cross-Country 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack doing the job we wanted.

Done deal!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #23

Looking to mount a reciever on my 2015 Jayflight 26BHS

I've been looking through what others have done and seem some impressive ideas. My father-in-law is a certified bodyman (30+ years) and works for a local Toyota shop. He has a 2" receiver for a 4Runner and he's been thinking about how to weld it on to the bumper. He has some ideas about bracing the bumper, but there is still concern about the warranty being void if we move forward with this change. Anyone know the rules about alterations on Jayco TT?
rmsorcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #24

Not for sure, but in the past pretty much any time you strike an arc on the frame, bumper etc, you void at least the frame warranty. I think I've voided every one of them, but never had any frame issues where warranty was needed. I've always built my own receiver hitches to tow the boat, or haul bikes. The Jay Flight has the factory lippert hitch, but it will be getting beefed up as well since 6 stitch welds doesn't satisfy me. If I have frame issues, I'll probably fix myself anyway. You mention bracing the bumper. Do like I did on a previous one. Cut the whole thing off and but new box tubing from the frame and 4" square tubing. Way thicker stronger steel, yet still looked stock. Receiver hitch was welded directly to the frame, and the new bumper.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote