Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-29-2015, 07:06 AM   #1

Recent 36FBTS owners

Any recent 36FBTS owners want to check-in and give some updates on their new Our delivery date got pushed back a week, so while we're waiting I thought I would see how you guys are liking yours. I was also wondering if there may be any common issues to watch for upon taking delivery.

Thanks
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #2

No one?
Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #3

We love our Pinnacle. Not the same year as yours but we have had it a year and everything is great. Good luck on yours

TNCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 AM   #4

Love our new 36 FBTS! We found cracks at each hinge in center island by the curved cabinet. Hard to see but look for that. Second lever for black water is under slide. Had to hunt for it. You will love that front bath. It's really a great layout!
bethcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #5

correction: The hidden lever is for the 2nd gray water tank, not black.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #6

Is anyone pulling a 36FBTS with a SRW F350?? I love the floor plan but don't want to trade trucks for a DRW.
Dual Pane Windows
Rear View Safety backup camera
Macerator system
northmeck0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:47 AM   #7

We've been in our new FBTS for a month now and love it. Most problems are operator error. Took about 3 weeks to find "hidden" grey tank valve. We pull ours with 2014 F350 SRW, Diesel with no problems. The biggest pain is the TV reception, hidden antenna switch, satellite dish decision and hookup etc. My experience however tells me that any new home has a learning curve to overcome.
Cuttnhoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
Any recent 36FBTS owners want to check-in and give some updates on their new Our delivery date got pushed back a week, so while we're waiting I thought I would see how you guys are liking yours. I was also wondering if there may be any common issues to watch for upon taking delivery.

Thanks
TexasRT - sorry to hear about your delay on delivery. Just got back from another weekend camping. I can't say there isn't much we don't like about it. Everything so far has met our expectations and really haven't been any issues. I will say you need to check the kitchen sink faucet before you connect to water. Every time after we travel the faucet works itself to the on position. First time I filled my fresh water tank i didn't check inside and when I started filling the tank the water started coming out of the kitchen faucet onto the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #9

Smile New Prospect for 36 FBTS

Glad to read postings on this model. We are debating about this vice Montana. Glad to hear so many happy campers. Keep us up to date when you get delivery and how you like it. I am looking at this November to get one.
Don

RAM Laramie Longhorn 3500 SRW.
violinini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #10

We found that during travel the kitchen faucet turns itself on and we get water on counter and floor. A simple rubber band around the faucet fixed the problem. It's just one more thing we will do each time.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #11

Thanks to all for the responses, tips and suggestions all have been noted. Glad to hear everyone is having good luck with your units.

UPDATE: We were told our unit should be at the dealers lot late this coming week.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #12

We have only able to go out twice so far with our new 2015 fbts . Here are some of the things we have found. During our PDI we found mainly minor problems the dealer fixed (scratches, loose screens etc) the biggest problem was the inverter to power the fridge while going down the road didnt work. Of course the dealer did not have one in stock so they robbed one from another trailer. The problem with the kitchen faucet also caught me off guard. Rubber band repair sems to be working. We did purchase stabilizers to put under the entry steps. It made themfeel , much more secure. Make sure the pantry door is closed before operating the slide. I haven't had a problem but it looks like it could be a problem. The only thing that has bummed me out so far was the bottom screw on the door latch for the "downstairs"bathroom worked loose and gouged the side of the door. If that all that happens I don't think I could ask for more. We are enjoying ours so far and hope you enjoy yours.
R&TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB View Post
We have only able to go out twice so far with our new 2015 fbts . Here are some of the things we have found. During our PDI we found mainly minor problems the dealer fixed (scratches, loose screens etc) the biggest problem was the inverter to power the fridge while going down the road didnt work. Of course the dealer did not have one in stock so they robbed one from another trailer. The problem with the kitchen faucet also caught me off guard. Rubber band repair sems to be working. We did purchase stabilizers to put under the entry steps. It made themfeel , much more secure. Make sure the pantry door is closed before operating the slide. I haven't had a problem but it looks like it could be a problem. The only thing that has bummed me out so far was the bottom screw on the door latch for the "downstairs"bathroom worked loose and gouged the side of the door. If that all that happens I don't think I could ask for more. We are enjoying ours so far and hope you enjoy yours.
R&TB, Thanks for the response and the tips. Glad to hear yours is doing good with no big issues. I'm sure we'll enjoy it once finally we get it.

It was supposed to be delivered last week and we were told it got delayed a week. So then it was supposed to be delivered this week, dealer called this morning to inform me that he got one in but it wasn't ours. Jayco rep tells me it's sitting in the ready to ship yard as I type this. Supposedly he's trying to get it "hot" shipped so it's at the dealer late tomorrow.
We'll see, just frustrated at this point
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
R&TB, Thanks for the response and the tips. Glad to hear yours is doing good with no big issues. I'm sure we'll enjoy it once finally we get it.

It was supposed to be delivered last week and we were told it got delayed a week. So then it was supposed to be delivered this week, dealer called this morning to inform me that he got one in but it wasn't ours. Jayco rep tells me it's sitting in the ready to ship yard as I type this. Supposedly he's trying to get it "hot" shipped so it's at the dealer late tomorrow.
We'll see, just frustrated at this point
How do you know who contact at Jayco regarding your unit?

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNChelle View Post
How do you know who contact at Jayco regarding your unit?
I called Jayco a few weeks back with some general questions. I told the lady that answered the phone why I was calling and she told me she would the Rep for my area call me back. He called the next morning. I have talked to him a few times since.
He actually just called me and said my unit would be at the dealers this Saturday, fingers are crossed. LOL

I should probably explain that we are buying from a dealer 6hrs from us. We are planning vacation time off for traveling to and from for pick-up. Plus we have an RV park the we've been at for awhile holding a spot for us. So every time the delivery day changes it turns into even more of a hassle.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #16
rnj

we ordered ours in feb. they tell me its still in paint!
rnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:44 AM   #17

Has anybody found an insect screen that properly fits the furnace vent. I have tried a couple different styles and they do not seem to work properly. This is for my 2015 36 FBTS.

Hey TexasRT, did your trailer come in yet? If so I hope you are enjoying it.
R&TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmeck0255 View Post
Is anyone pulling a 36FBTS with a SRW F350?? I love the floor plan but don't want to trade trucks for a DRW.
It's a different 5th (351 RLTS) but we pull with the F350. We have 3020# on the pin and tip the scales at 12700#. Pulls just fine. Hope your new one shows up soon (or has shown up).

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TB View Post
Has anybody found an insect screen that properly fits the furnace vent. I have tried a couple different styles and they do not seem to work properly. This is for my 2015 36 FBTS.

Hey TexasRT, did your trailer come in yet? If so I hope you are enjoying it.
Hey R&TB, yes we got it. Thanks for asking.
We traveled Monday, did the walk-thru (about 5hrs) Tuesday and pulled it back yesterday. All-in-all everything went perfect, all we found was a small scratch and the genset transfer switch didn't work right. The scratch was so small we didn't bother with it, and the transfer switch was replaced immediately and that fixed the problem. The dealer and all his techs were great and everything went off with no issues. We are really happy with it and in the move back in stage now. We had stored a lot of the stuff out of our old one. Of course the wife is out trying to cleanout the stores as I type this, LOL.

These 36FBTS's are laid out great
Hope everyone else is also enjoying theirs and having fun.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #20

CONGRATULATIONS! I can't wait. We are planning to purchase in October. Good Luck!
violinini is offline   Reply With Quote