Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 PM   #201

Rock
Congrats on your new coach. Sounds like mostly minor easy to fix items.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 11:17 PM   #202

Congrats Rock!
Sounds like you are LiVIN the dream! We are still in WA and begin our Trek home to AZ In the am.. We hope to be back in sunny AZ by next weekend!!

I will have to check out our vacuum screws....
Old 11-16-2015, 04:29 AM   #203

Rock, where in the FL panhandle do you folks go?
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 07:42 AM   #204

dalengail
Heading up to Ho Hum campground for four nights to get a feel of the FW and look around some. I have always like the area around Mexico Beach and St Joe park. Ho Hum is about an hr from there. I am so impressed with the FBTS so far. Ya some stuff needs fixing but nothing major. Going to add Firestone air bags this week. Truck rode fine did drop several inches but that is good for dropping front of FW. Want them just in case on bad roads to take any harshness out if needed.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:47 AM   #205

Rock,
We hang around Destin and Ft Walton Beach.

I agree with the way the FBTS pulls. Just the few miles around home here, I have been impressed. But, we have an itinerary set for April and we will find out then how the '14 GMC Denali 3500 SRW and the 5er act together then.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:47 PM   #206

Congrats on finally getting it. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we've enjoyed ours so far.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #207

Guys an ur better halfes
We will enjoy. Spent today loading her up and opening all the basement panels. If u take off the back basement wall I can get to the gray tank valve that is leaking. But the dealer can do that. Gonna call Jayco and ask for all the wiring and pluming diagrams they have. There are several vales behind the basement wall in the plumbing lines that I have no idea what they do if u move Em. I want to know everything about this bug beast before I go dry camping off line for two months. I can fix everything I found but I will let the dealer do that. This is one awesome BEAST

Rock
Old 11-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #208

Junk Rainier Tires

Just got hit by the Rainier tire gremlin. Was checking tires prior to departure on a trip last week and noticed a bulge in the sidewall of one tire. I took the tire to Discount Tire and was told it had a broken belt. I had the spare mounted on the wheel and purchased a new spare tire. I guess I should be grateful I noticed it the day before leaving.
Curt Q20 Hitch. Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Air bags. Airlift Wireless One compressor.
cgbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgbrooks View Post
Just got hit by the Rainier tire gremlin. Was checking tires prior to departure on a trip last week and noticed a bulge in the sidewall of one tire. I took the tire to Discount Tire and was told it had a broken belt. I had the spare mounted on the wheel and purchased a new spare tire. I guess I should be grateful I noticed it the day before leaving.
Be careful, my friends, be very careful!!! We had the same experience with our Raniers 2 weeks after taking delivery of our rig in May. We did the same, had the spare put on the rig in place of the bad tire. About 4 hours later and about 200 miles, we had a major blowout with one of the other Rainiers. Luckily, we were not far from a Discount Tire and were able to obtain a new tire for the blown out tire, got it changed, and limped into the Discount Tire where we promptly replaced all tires. Subsequently, we also purchased a Tire Monitoring system which we feel is a godsend. We have the peace of mind knowing what our tire pressures and temps are on the tires at all times. This doesn't mean we won't ever have a blow out again, but at least we will have some forewarning and be able to take quick action, hopefully preventing the massive camper damage we experienced before. Good luck!
YooperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #210

What's up, where is everyone?
Old 11-21-2015, 04:41 PM   #211

Hunkered down due to winter storm Bella! Listening to Penelope calling my name.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #212

Survey from Jayco

In today's snail mail, we received a survey from Jayco. At the beginning, it showed the model and VIN along with the name of the dealer. I filled the whole thing out. At the end, it asked if they could provide thus survey to the dealer. I checked "yes". Also, left a comment that I would gladly speak to anyone who inquires about this survey.

We'll see if that actually happens!
Old 11-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
Hunkered down due to winter storm Bella! Listening to Penelope calling my name.
Quite the storm I see. Take care.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #214

We've been home for a while taking care of other things. Did go to the storage lot today and do a little winterizing. We are suppose to have below freezing temps for a couple nights. We are still trying to decide whether we are camping any next week. Headed with the FBTS to Batesville, MS on December 3rd. Taking the grandson for a ride on the Polar Express.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:55 AM   #215

TexasRT
Still here tried posting twice yesterday when site came up but it would not post. Better half has been cleaning the beast top to bottom inside and lining all shelfs. I have been loading up and looking at system Ops. Cannot wait to hit road to panhandle Tuesday. Put Firestone air bags in truck in case needed on rough roads. Will check FW for level when we hook up now that it is loaded. Have a feeling I will be getting rid of my big 315 tires and going back to stock.
Rock
Old 11-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #216

Rock,

I did look up where Ho Hum Campground was at the other day. Seen that it was over there by Carrabelle. Always thought about going over that way to the east. Now, thanks to you, we might put that on our itinerary for next year or, this fall. Looks like a nice place and, that's what we like!
Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #217

dalengail
I like quiet places. There are several others close that have everything but who needs a pool in the winter. We booked two months ago and the water front spots were taken so gut a pull thru site. I will let u know how the place is and we will also check out the others that are further up. This will be bitter sweet trip. Had to put my Wheaton terrier girl down Friday. Almost 15 and it was time but will r heartbroken and this will be a hard trip
Rock
Rock
Old 11-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #218

Sorry to hear that, Rock. We know what putting down a good pet is all about. We've had to do it several times ourselves. Most recently at the end of this last June. It was our great little friend, Clydie. She was a calico cat. She was born a ferel and when she was about a year old, my wife dared my to tame her. Several bowls of warm milk did the job real quick! We had her for 15 years also, but this spring, cancer took it's toll. She had a longer, better life than if she would have if she stayed ferel. So, we do know what you feel.

Our next one is Baxter. He is 80 lbs of Walker Coonhound. Has been on several RV trips with us and will probably do more. But, he is up close to 11 years old. Only God knows how long we will have him.

Travel safe.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
TexasRT
Still here tried posting twice yesterday when site came up but it would not post. Better half has been cleaning the beast top to bottom inside and lining all shelfs. I have been loading up and looking at system Ops. Cannot wait to hit road to panhandle Tuesday. Put Firestone air bags in truck in case needed on rough roads. Will check FW for level when we hook up now that it is loaded. Have a feeling I will be getting rid of my big 315 tires and going back to stock.
Rock
Good to hear you're getting things in order. The airbags are going to be a big plus for you. Sorry to hear about the pet, this is hard for sure.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:32 PM   #220

Guys
Got a question. I have the back couch that makes into a bed. The heater vent has one inch of the removable vent under the couch. Turned on the heat to ensure all works before my trip and the vent and couch were hot enough that it will burn the couch material. I placed
foil over the vent to deflect the heat forward. It seems like they screwed up and the vent was cut to far back. The couch is bolted down but can go no further back. Are ur FBTS back heater vents in the same location?
Rock