Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #221

Mines in the same spot Rock, but it is at least 2 inches in front of the couch.
Just curious, did you have all the other vents open? Did you verify that there was air coming out of the others and not just a huge volume of air blowing out the back one because others were blocked or not hooked up
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #222

klassic
Yours is two inches in front of the couch and mine is 1/3 under the couch. They screwed up and installed it two far back. The only way to fix it is to have a custom vent made that has a top angled forward. All vents are open and work fine but the very hot air is heating up the metal vent and the couch is touching and on top of 1/3 of it. I will call Jayco after this trip and figure out how they will fix this. The leather type material will fall apart in no time with it getting so hot. The couch is as far back as it can go. Already touching the back wall.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #223

Rock
Our gas furnace vent runs perpendicular to the couch and is about 10" out in front of the couch. We have the throw rug that came with the coach in the living room and the vent is actually under the rug. Our gas furnace has only run a couple of times so far and to be honest I forgot the vent was there. With the mild "winter" temps we've had so far the heat pump has handled it so far.
One option, and probably the easiest for you would be replace that vent with one that can be closed off, close it and be done. That's what I would do if it were me, just my thoughts.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:41 AM   #224

TexasRT
You would think they have a layout plan for the vent. Seems nuts that mine is part under the couch and yours is ten inches in front of it
Rock
Old 11-24-2015, 08:50 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
TexasRT
You would think they have a layout plan for the vent. Seems nuts that mine is part under the couch and yours is ten inches in front of it
Rock
I agree you would think so. But based on numerous stories I've read on here apparently ole Bob factory worker does not always do things the same from unit to unit. Obviously they cut the holes in the floor and duct work at the same time. Who knows???
Old 11-24-2015, 09:17 PM   #226

Hello Everyone,
We have finished our inaugural shakedown and finally back in sunny AZ. Sorry we have been offline, but just put ours in storage yesterday and now just catching up on the recent threads..

Rock,
our vent is about 2" in front of the couch and runs parallel with couch. The other two run the other direction and parallel to the island, but we did notice the front of the couch does get hot... The better half was worried about the material getting too hot, plus we must remember to keep the ottoman from blocking the vent.

The gas heat does work VERY Well, but we tried to use the electric heat pump as much as possible. On several occasions, the electric heat would not keep up and the gas heat took over...

Also, I did find the issue about the long screws in the vacuum as well!!!! fixed it myself...
Old 11-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #227

We have a 2015 FBTS and I see people are talking about electric and gas heat. We have not yet used the heater, (live in San Diego) but am confused on this. The thermostat doesn't give an option for electric or gas. I assumed that it was all gas heat like in previous trailers we have owned. Can someone please explain this? Sorry for asking a stupid question.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #228

bethcb
If your coach does not have the Heat Pump option on the main A/C unit then you will only have a heat selection. I guessing your thermostat probably just has cool & heat.
Hope this helps clear it up for you.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
Rock
Our gas furnace vent runs perpendicular to the couch and is about 10" out in front of the couch. We have the throw rug that came with the coach in the living room and the vent is actually under the rug. Our gas furnace has only run a couple of times so far and to be honest I forgot the vent was there. With the mild "winter" temps we've had so far the heat pump has handled it so far.
One option, and probably the easiest for you would be replace that vent with one that can be closed off, close it and be done. That's what I would do if it were me, just my thoughts.
I need to correct myself. I just realized I said perpendicular, when in fact I meant parallel. Thought one thing and typed another
The measurement is correct though.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #230

Ya mine is part way under the couch so that gas to be fixed. We r spending our first night at Ho Hum in Carrabelle Fl. So far everything has worked as should. Got another question for u guys. This morning when leaving went to roll the power cord up and unless I feed the cord in it would not roll up. Like the rewind motor is very weak. Had Generator running and batteries fully charged. Do I have a very weak cord motor or is this normal. First time rolling up cord and had to feed it in while holding the switch. I will let u know how the trip goes. Everyone have a great Turkey Day
Rock
Old 11-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #231

Rock
I've only used my power cord reel a few times, but it seemed to work at designed.
I always help guide/feed the cord on anyway. You have a good turkey too.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #232

TexasRT

Help with my tv. Hooked up park cable tv to cable hookup outside bedroom tv will auto scan and give me all the park cable channels but main tv will not. Tried moving cable to sat/aux connector in cabinet and no cable. Why is it working in bedroom and not main tv
Rock
Old 11-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #233

Got the tv fixed. Looked with a flashlight behind tv and found the splitter. I could get my hand down between tv and counter top and two connectors were barely connected. That is another rat nest of wires back there
Rock
Old 11-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #234

Rock,
Our cord reel motor appears weak as well and we must guide/assist cord during rewind, but be careful not to get a finger in there... Very unforgiving ... Ha

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!
Wishing everyone a relaxing, joyful and plentiful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:25 PM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Got the tv fixed. Looked with a flashlight behind tv and found the splitter. I could get my hand down between tv and counter top and two connectors were barely connected. That is another rat nest of wires back there
Rock
Glad to hear you found it. I haven't had to venture into that area yet, but it does look like a rat's nest down in there.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #236

AZ
Thanks for the info seems like that is how it is on the reel just seems very weak. Glad ur trip went well. So far all is well on our first outing. Weather is great getting ready to walk on beach. Nice gulf view from our spot at ho hum
Rock
Old 11-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #237

Rock,
You just had to rub that "gulf view" thing in, didn't you?

My cord reel seams to work ok. However, I have nothing to compare it to and, if I hold on tight enough, I can stall it. I too, guide it back and forth as it is loading. But, as I am doing that, I usually have a damp rag in my hand that wipes it off as it loads. That way, the dirt and other trash is kept to a minimum in that compartment.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 03:16 PM   #238

Our power cord reel works fine, except we do have to guide the cord as it's retracted.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #239

Ok power reals work with different rewind strength. If I do not guide and kind of walk it in it stops and will not pull the cord at all if u just use button. Like the idea of wet rag my hand was black.
Another question on the awnings. I have no info on mine and I think dalengail mentioned u could tilt it down two holes and still rewind it. Did anyone get info on the awning? First trip went great just got home and will post on the first adventure later
Rock
Old 11-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #240

Rock,
I received same info as DalenGail, but I believe we also did our pdi at the same dealer. I like the idea of changing the angle in the event of rain, but I also believe it best to re-align prior to rewinding if situation allows...

In a slightly different note, So far I'm very impressed with the pop out toppers ... We were in some pretty severe wind storms... 75mph+ with no issues except for a lot of noise... I got worried and retracted our slides for the night to preserve toppers and to reduce noise for a better night sleep...
I'm still a rookie and felt it prudent to preserve the rig, others at the camp sight appeared to keep them out... At least the few with pop out toppers ...
It's great to see you had a good first trip ... Wishing you the very best in all your future endeavors !