Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2015, 04:23 AM   #241

Rock and AZ_FBTS,

I am trying to recall what I said or, may have ment when I said you could tilt by moving down two holes and still retract. I don't recall ever saying that.

After extending the awnings, I typically adjust the tilt at one end or the other and tighten the knobs to avoid the awning from moving up and down due to wind. I am trying to recall what the holes are about because, the tilt adjusters slide.

At this moment, our FBTS is in Lagrange, IN at a place called Indiana Interstate Enterprises getting the slide room toppers installed in the next few days. It is also in winter storage there and most likely get Goodyear G614's mounted before our trip in the spring.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #242

Wednesday when we went to the storage lot to get the FBTS for a trip, the super slide would not retract. It would come in about 2", the refrigerator side would begin lagging behind and the whole slide would stop. Tried extending and retracting several times. Had DW push to retract while I pushed from outside. Could not budge it. Called our salesman and he got service tech on the line with us. He suggested everything we tried. Finally got some additional help to push from the outside. We were able to get it in. We were headed out on a trip that took us past our dealer. They said bring it in when we got there. On the way to the dealers (3 hrs away), I trucker got our attention and was pointing at the 5'er. The front lower panel on the door side had popped a screw that secured it and the 2nd section and some of the silver insulation was out and dragging. Pulled off and used Duck Tape to secure for the hour remaining to the dealer. Service was waiting for us.They
got the unit in the shop and 4 of the techs started checking things out. After quizzing me on the slide (shore power, battery power, etc.) they started working on it. Slide issue turned out to be a piece of rubber gasket that got in the track. They fixed the panel and put the insulation back. They also found a screw that had popped on the other side and a panel was sagging. Fixed it also. Very impressed with my salesman, dealer and the service department. They had us in, made the fixes and had us on the rode again in a little over an hour. We arrived at our campsite about 2 1/2 hours later that what our original plan had been and had to setup in the dark. But, we feel/felt extremely fortunate to even being at the campsite. Kudos to the guys at Southaven RV in Southaven, Mississippi.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:28 AM   #243

It is fantastic when things work like this. Hope the rest of your trip goes trouble free!
Old 12-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #244

That is great service. Glad to here the slide was just a gasket. Was it an extra piece or part of the regular seal that jammed? I will be checking all my panel screws. Before my last trip I found two at the rear cap bottom that were driven thru the skirting but never made it thru the attachment metal just pushed that section up. Had to drill thru the second piece of metal so it would pull together. I spent an hour looking over the entire bottom looking for critter entry points. There are several I will be foam filling. I also will be sealing all the metal overlaps on slide bottoms to ensure no rain water can find its way in. Just like my TT the right slide when out leaves a big opening in the frame around the slide ram tube. U would think they would put a rubber seal around it. I used steel wool to fill the hole when camped and removed before closing. I was pretty sure that was where the mice got in my trailer. Wife was not a happy camper finding mice turds on the counter. Once they get in the underbelly there are a zillion was to than enter the coach. My TT underbelly was foam sealed in place. On this one it just lays tight in the frame rail. I am gonna use non expanding foam spray and just run it alone the frame rail and underbelly material. I also plan on leaving a dish of predator pee granules in the front compartments to keep any out of there
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:04 AM   #245

Rock, they didn't say regarding where or what part of a gasket. The gasket that is visible when the slide was extended was intact. Service manager said when we are finished for the season they would do a more thorough inspection and take care of our list of things we have found so far. That has to be a planned out trip. The dealer is 3 hours away. Regarding my post of last night...... Road not rode. Spell check makes us seem like we are lacking in language skills. LOL!
Old 12-05-2015, 03:02 PM   #246

okraman
Glad your issues were easy fixes. Sounds like you have a good dealer also.
Almost sounds like maybe a piece of gasket material that got trimmed off.
Enjoy your trip.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #247

I called Jayco yesterday and am waiting for a call back from their tech design dept. Most FW have the bedroom slide in front unlike ours which is moved back since bath is forward. I am questioning why my generator exhaust outlet is under my slide. Where it is would be fine if bedroom was forward. I told them I added a CO detector for the bedroom slide for a piece of mind. Told them it should be designed to exit at the very front. Seems really stupid to come out under the slide where u sleep
Rock
Old 12-08-2015, 11:27 AM   #248

Rock
Have you experienced fumes in your bedroom while operating the genset? I run our genset monthly, and I have never noticed any reason for concern. I would be more concerned if the exhaust wasn't 4-5 feet from the bottom of the slide. Let us know what Jayco says.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #249

TexasRT
As soon as I hear I will let u know. Looking under the generator I would of made the pipe angle forward than under the front as far forward as possible and stopping at the side. Just seems like they made one pipe to fit all configurations. I had two hard wired and two battery CO detectors in my boat. I am gonna add another detector so two are in bedroom. I just do not like how they did it.

Rock
Old 12-08-2015, 03:21 PM   #250

TexasRT
To answer ur question, no I have never smelled fumes but u will not smell CO. Does your unit have a CO detector? All my slides are in but I just looked and all I found is only a smoke detector in living room and propane by the pantry. I am going to add another combo smoke/CO and mount in the bedroom. If u have a gas generator they should have put in a CO detector. Actually the generator should of been or had a diesel option which has very little CO. Where have u ever seen a big truck stop with a gas pump next to the diesel. I know all the big ones like flying jay are diesel only and I would not even attempt to go to the pumps that are by the cars that have an Rv island. Might pull in but good luck getting out with our beast.
Rock
Old 12-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #251

Rock, we added the generator also. I had the same concerns you mentioned. I also added a carbon monoxide detector in the bedroom. Mounted it below the height of our heads, so hopefully it would sound before it was too late. There is a propane/carbon monoxide detector on FBTS between the 1/2 bath and pantry doors.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:25 PM   #252

We haven't made it home yet from our trip last week. When we got back to the 5'er today a 2016 FBTS was in the site next to us @ Maumelle C.O.E. In Little Rock, Arkansas. Had California tags on the truck. Didn't have the opportunity to visit other than say "hello" and find out they had a FBTS. Hopefully , see them in the morning.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #253

At least u got a good neighbor
Old 12-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #254

Rock
I guess I have to ask, why didn't you opt for a diesel genset?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:28 AM   #255

There was no option listed but this one. It was either prewired for gen or generator option. Did the 2015 models have that option? I will be pissed if it was something I could of got and was not told. Dealer went over all options and they were the same as Jayco web site. He had an FBTS on lot that was prewired and it had the same tank in place.
Going to be taking my second trip over Christmas and stay at Tyndall AFB Raptor Park. I love that area and when up there turkey week looked at some lots.
Rock
Old 12-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #256

Fbts

We have a 2016 and love it. Residential Fridge and King size bed. Only issue we are having is ½ bath Black Tank will not drain. Not using until I can figure it out.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by South View Post
We have a 2016 and love it. Residential Fridge and King size bed. Only issue we are having is ½ bath Black Tank will not drain. Not using until I can figure it out.
South
Welcome and congrats on your new coach.
Our 1/2 bath doesn't drain completely, but it will drain. Probably drains 80-90 percent. I haven't looked into it much yet.
Old 12-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #258

TexasRT
Just heard from Jayco. They said it meets Rv national standards the way the exhaust is. He told me he agrees that there should be a CO detector in bedroom and said he was shooting an email to design recommending it. I told him I added one and adding a smoke CO combo also. I also told him they should do same since there is only one smoke in main living room. With doors closed you gave no protection
Rock
Old 12-09-2015, 03:08 PM   #259

Rock
Good deal, maybe they will start installing them.
We probably all saw the "meets RV national standards the way the exhaust is" statement coming.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #260

I have an extra battery operated CO2 detector here at the house. May just have to install it in the bed room.