Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #341

Yes they are AGM's... We were loaded pretty heavy on our inaugural tour... I was also carrying about 500+lbs of weights in the back of the truck... The scales read...
Steer Axle: 5280
Drive Axle: 8420
Trailer Axle: 12120
Gross Axle: 25820
Old 02-27-2016, 07:07 PM   #342

Rock,

I know it was not like that during PDI and acceptance inspection, because I went up on roof and looked at everything. I think I'm going to send the pictures to the dealer and Jayco.. Does anyone of an email address for Jayco?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:23 PM   #343

AZ
I would have dealer evaluate it and see what he says. I am going out of country for the next two weeks but when I get back my Rv should be ready for pick up. I will look at my roof before I lv the dealer and also ask if he has seen ur problem before. Like I said our units were pretty much the same week. If that is an alum strip that joins the walls Rv flexing could cause the alum to bend or buclkel some. If that is the case they can use the patching tape and run it full length down each side. That would ensure no splitting an water leakage. But again with that said on a new under warranty unit I would demand they fix it at the source and put on a new roof. After the warranty is up if the rubber roof tears from something under it u will be on your own. Hopefully this is nothing but cover ur butt for the future
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #344

Thanks Rock,

Sent Pics off to dealer where we purchased and will wait to see what they say/recommend. Ill keep you updated.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #345

AZ... I had a look at my roof. Nice and smooth.
I can see the transition and feel it, it feels like thin wood (luan) and its stapled. Mine are generally stapled 2-2 1/2" apart. Occasionally 3". I can feel the staples.
Yours looks like they are stapled farther apart.
But then again, it's 50 degrees here and low humidity...but still, you shouldn't be doing that.
Looks like if you walked to the edge of your roof you could trip on one and go over.

2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:26 PM   #346

Great Pic Klassic.. Thank you...

I took a video today, pressing down with my finger and you can hear the glue.. like it's not bonding or letting loose... Don't think I can post videos, but I believe you are dead on with the longer gap between staples ...and now the glue is not holding.... I have also reached out to a local dealer here in AZ...
Old 02-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #347

looks like staples under roof skin but that's weird. When we did a tour of the eagles being built they screwed the roof sheeting to the framework and then ground over the seam areas to knock any splintering from screws off
Old 03-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #348

Hello everyone,
Sorry for delay, was on a 2week business trip....
Reference roof issue, the dealer fwd pics to factory and they immediately replied and will take care of everything! Since it's not a safety issue the dealer called and left it up to us when to bring in the rig for the repairs... Estimate a week to 10 days based on if they can just peel back the corners, re-glue and staple without splintering any of the underlayment they will not have to replace the entire roof, but if any of the underlayment splinters, they will have to replace the entire roof!!! According to dealer explanation, if the underlayment splinters, they cannot re-lay the rubber due to inconsistency in the surface...

I'm very pleased with the quick response and provided details by both the factory and the dealer.

We have a month trip starting this Sunday and then will schedule the repair before our next trip.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #349

AZ FBTS
That is great news Wonder if this is how Jayco has always done roofs or have they changed something. I really hope yours is an isolated issue. I will be keeping a very close eye on my roof if I ever get mine back from the dealer. It is nice to know that your local dealer is working with you since that is not who u got it from. You put some miles on yours, mine will get a 3k trip this summer. See if all the highway abuse pops my roof up. You should make a separate post on your roof issue and see if anyone else is having issues
Rock
Rock
Old 03-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #350

AZ
Just read the post before your and the Eagle a 2015 model roof was screwed and not stapled. If this is a change I hope it does not happen to all of the 2016 models. U need to post this separate
Rock
Old 03-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #351

Rock, this is the first year that Jayco rolled the membrane over the edge. 2015 the round edge is brown aluminum and the roof has a dicor seal from front to back at the top edge.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #352

Great idea Rock!
I'll consolidate and repost in a new thread to include pics!

I hope you get your rig back soon! It must have been the shipping agency during transport to FL. I have TPMS (EZTIRE) for truck and RV ( 10 sensors) to include temperature sensors and over 6000+ miles we have never had any abnormal high temps reading... I believe it set to alarm when above 120 degrees... I have received alarms for low temps during cold mornings...

But I will continue to keep an eye on it... I do have IR gun to validate TPMS temps...

Btw are you using your truck jack to jack up RV??
Old 03-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #353

klassic
I really wish u did not say that. Now I will be looking at my roof daily, thankfully we have a two year warranty. If they had a bad batch of glue or the person doing it did it wrong that is one thing. But this could be a big issue if the change they made is not working.
Rock
Old 03-11-2016, 05:58 PM   #354

I'm wondering if the extreme heat of the south did it.
But his big staple spacing didn't help matters.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #355

klassic
Well mine is in Fl in the sun everyday. If staple spacing did that than even closer stapling will vibrate out. My wheel well under cover staples are all falling out. When ever I get my unit back if ever I am removing the staples and installing screws. Staples suck but SAVE MONEY in cost and time. That is why u can no longer staple down roof shingles in Fl every roof that was stapeled failed when the wind hit. And we all know how our RVs flex, bend and shake during travel
Rock
Old 03-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #356

Gents,
Finally got around to making a separate thread under Fifth Wheels, "Potential roof Issue - 2016 Jayco Pinnacle"...

Currently one week in, 1680 miles into another trip.... We truly love our rig!
Old 03-27-2016, 04:14 PM   #357

New FBTS owner

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm a newbie so new to the FBTS that I don't even have it yet. Just ordered it a week ago - set up the way we want from the factory and don't expect to get delivery for another 8-12 weeks. In fact we were just informed a couple of days ago that it will end up being a 2017 model - one of the first I suppose.

My wife & I have just retired and are jumping into the RV lifestyle with both feet, not full-timers but we plan to use our unit to see as much of the continent over the next few years as we can. We were tenters and soft-top campers when we were first married, but this is going to be radically different!

Also have a new truck on order to haul with - 2016 Silverado 3500HD with Duramax Diesel.

I have already picked up a lot from you folks here just from reading through your posts and expect to pick up a lot more as time passes.

Thanks for letting me on here - I'll try to contribute as soon as I have something worthwhile to add.

Steve

(Oops - initially posted incorrectly as a reply - I'll get the hang of it soon I hope.)
Ste14mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:37 PM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste14mi View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I'm a newbie so new to the FBTS that I don't even have it yet. Just ordered it a week ago - set up the way we want from the factory and don't expect to get delivery for another 8-12 weeks. In fact we were just informed a couple of days ago that it will end up being a 2017 model - one of the first I suppose.

My wife & I have just retired and are jumping into the RV lifestyle with both feet, not full-timers but we plan to use our unit to see as much of the continent over the next few years as we can. We were tenters and soft-top campers when we were first married, but this is going to be radically different!

Also have a new truck on order to haul with - 2016 Silverado with Duramax Diesel.

I have already picked up a lot from you folks here just from reading through your posts and expect to pick up a lot more as time passes.

Thanks for letting me on here - I'll try to contribute as soon as I have something worthwhile to add.

Steve

(Oops - initially posted incorrectly as a reply - I'll get the hang of it soon I hope.)
Welcome Ste14mi, The FBTS is an awesome coach.
Don't hesitate to ask questions, there's a lot of helpful folks on here.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #359

I second the WELCOME Ste14mi!

You certainly made the right choice with ordering a Jayco 36FBTS!!!

We are new owners and RV'ers as of Oct 2015 with our FBTS. We have learned LOADS from This thread TexasRT kicked off... Massive amounts of RV experience here...

We already have over 7500 miles on ours and LOVIN every minute... We marvel in the amenities the FBTS offers everyday...
I also like your choice of pull vehicle! We couldn't be happier with how ours pulls...

Feel fee to ask any questions ... This group will definitely have an answer !! Feel free to message as well!!

Again, Congrats on your FBTS selection !!
Old 04-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #360

I haven't posted in this thread about my FBTS since December 8th. At that time we camped at Maumelle COE, in Little Rock. We had been on a trip to Mississippi and detailed some of our problems with the super slide and lower body panels. Our dealer was great on those repairs and had us on the road in about an hour. On our return trip to Arkansas, another of the lower body panels (called "J Metal" by the service writer) came loose on the ODS. Called the dealer and made arrangements to take the unit for the repair along with a list of other warranty items to fix (none major, other than the J metal). The service writer was good about keeping us posted on the progress. He called and advised they were ready for us to come and pick it up. We went over the repair list and they had missed one item. He called back in a day or so and "the good news was, they had finnished all the warranty items..... Bad news was, they hit our FBTS, backing another unit in." Long story ... Short version, got our FBTS back Wednesday and we are camped! The dealership fixed all the damage and will replace the roof at the end of this camping season. The ladder on the other trailer somehow put a small tear in my roof when it came loose. My roof is patched and good to go, until we take it in. I know Rock and a couple of others have had their units damaged at the dealerships also. One of our camping neighbors told us yesterday, it happened to them a couple of years ago. We are glad to be able to be going again.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote