Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2016, 07:32 PM   #381

I don't really know what you are talking about but maybe this is some help.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #382

klassic, thanks for the post. The info I'm looking for is more direct ty specific I guess.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:50 AM   #383

Picked up my 2016 36fbts 3 weeks ago . Have took it out once .
Love the trailer other than a few small things . While pulling it home from the dealership about 1 hour trip the kitchen faucet turned around and the lever went down . It caused the water to leak all over the floor and dining table . not a ton of water came out but enough to make you say WOW
While sitting in my drive way before the first trip noticed the flooring bubbling up by the kitchen slide then one week later I went out and opened the door and the 10 ft trim piece that goes across the ceiling was laying in the floor . Man I hate to see what will happen when I use it . . my list for the dealership is growing and I haven't been out but one time so far .
kfpd404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 AM   #384

Welcome and congrats on your new FBTS purchase! We use an elastic hair tie band on our faucet. Learned the hard way just like you did! Follow the various threads on this forum about slide problems, bending outrigger supports, roof problems, tires etc. so you can stay on top of things. We love our FBTS but it has not been without problems( unfortunately) so far everything has been taken care of under warranty but it is certainly an pain sometimes. Make your list for the dealer and stick to your guns and don't let them BS you. Make them fix things to your satisfaction. Good luck and enjoy!
Old 06-24-2016, 07:51 AM   #385
DAD

Does it seem like your ac has become louder lately? New problem yesterday. The condenser fan blade cracked and the vibration caused the ac to be noisey. Coleman-Mach low profile. I did not bother with a dealer due to them being booked 6 weeks out, and 100 miles away. Called C-M and they are aware of the problem and are sending me 2 fans and motor mounts free of charge. Repair is extremely easy. 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS
DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #386

That's was our exact fix for the faucet
Old 06-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #387

The floor plan is excellent on this model. My wife is even talking about selling the house after seeing it, and I've been trying to turn her that way for quite a while.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:41 AM   #388

I looked through the archives .May have missed the thread. Where are the mystery black and grey water valve's?
Tryintoretire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #389

Two black water valves and one gray water valve are in with the water "control" center where you hook up to city water. The other gray water valve is under the camper to the left and a little above the sewer hose hook up (outside). That valve is for the kitchen and 1/2 bath gray water. You have to bend down quite a bit to see it. Watch out for sharp objects under there that tend to jump out and grab your hand!
Old 06-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Does it seem like your ac has become louder lately? New problem yesterday. The condenser fan blade cracked and the vibration caused the ac to be noisey. Coleman-Mach low profile. I did not bother with a dealer due to them being booked 6 weeks out, and 100 miles away. Called C-M and they are aware of the problem and are sending me 2 fans and motor mounts free of charge. Repair is extremely easy. 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS
Are you still under warranty?

Or did they just send you that stuff without checking on warranty?

Also, how loud did it get? I know that's probably hard to describe.
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:57 PM   #391

Very helpful Thank. You!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:16 PM   #392

We own a 2016 36FBTS and love it. We have 2 medium long trips with the unit since purcahse and everything works just fine. We purchased off the lot unit so before taking it off the lot I had the dealer pull it to a tire store and put G614's on it. We have gen prep but have not yet installed a gen. We did install washer dryer.

PDI discovered 2 issues. The fan in the kitchen area would not work so a new one was ordered and has since been replaced. The other issues I might never fix although it's approved to be fixed by Jayco. There is a screw in the inside of the door entry slide that was just long enough to pop the jell coat on the outside. I put a sticker over it and might just forget it, not sure yet.

Discovered the faucet issue on first trip so now we don't leave the covers on the sink, might try the rubber band trick.

I added a wood strip to the pull out rounded cabinet so the spices don't fall out when you open it. That was a simple fix that made the wife very happy.

The thing that I don't understand is why none of the upper cabinets on the kitchen slide will stay open. It's a one handed operation to use them. Anyone else have this issue?

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:07 AM   #393

Angry More trobles

Second trip out update , with 2016 36fbts . when we arrived at campsite , the LED screen in the leveling system would not light up . all the head unit would do is beep and would not level. by coming to site found that you disconnect power for 30 seconds and unit reset . but then packing up to leave yesterday ,the kitchen slide would only move three in inches before shutting off. This is unreal the troubles I have already encountered with a trailer I have owned for three weeks . I am not sure but wondering if I made the right choice selling my Heartland
Old 06-27-2016, 08:27 AM   #394
DAD

yes, I am still under warranty. The problem with the warranty is that it is impossible to get service in a timely manner. I have had to fix 6 different problems myself. I was across the street from a dealer for a month in Las Vegas, and during that time I had 3 problems that they could not help me with. Coleman-Mach customer service only needed my model # and my address. When I asked if they needed serial # they said ,only if you have it. I did. They did not ask when I purchased unit or VIN.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #395
DAD

I forgot your final question. At first it just seemed to be generally louder It was due to vibration caused by inbalance of the fan as the blade separated from the hub, when it finally shook the motor mounts loose you better hope you are home to turn it off. You will know. Customer service told me it was installer error and the shroud was not tightened correctly and the shroud hits the fan. I am not sure if that is the case. I am positive I have proper clearance. Schwintech told me the same thing about their slides, they only have problems due to installation.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM   #396

The blower fan on mine cracked and it sounds like the entire a/c unit was going to come apart. I just did a temp fix on it, but I will be contacting C-M after seeing you post. Thanks for the info DAD.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #397

has anyone had the front a/c unit dripping condensate on the bed?
Old 07-07-2016, 03:47 PM   #398

I pulled the cover off the ac unit and the duct divider just fell out .This meant the return and supply were mixing and short circuiting.I wonder if that was the problem.I found no stoppages in the drain pan above ????
Old 07-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #399

Can any one tell me how to include pictures on my post I would like to share how I reinforced the duct divider in our bedroom a/c unit I have really enjoyed this site and learned ALOT .especially the second grey water tank handle .i still struggle with the leveling system but think it's me .tire concerns are a big concern
Old 07-24-2016, 12:15 PM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Well it's been a few days and our ac has gotten really loud with a lot of vibration. It's been raining so I haven't had a chance to get up and look at it. But I'm definitely concerned. I hope that it's an easy fix like your unit. Was the crack easy to spot when you removed the shroud?
Ksilvi is offline   Reply With Quote