Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #41

Yes, I think they designed the front of the fifth wheel so you can turn sharp with short bed trucks.
gowesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:15 AM   #42

Hello All,
I have the slider on my Curt and it provides more than enough tailgate clearence and turning radius, it's a must for the SB trucks.

I have used the leveling system a few times without issues. I'm just doing it like my dealer instructed and it has worked fine. I lower the front jack extensions at about halfway and then extend the jacks. Once the truck is gone I lower the jack extensions on the middle and rear as close to the ground as possible and still be able lock them. Then hit auto and wait for it to finish. Unless you're on a super unlevel spot OR I'm just missing something, I don't see the need for blocks under any of the jacks. My middle and rear jack extensions will hit the ground before the jacks even start extending. I set the extensions about an 1"-2" off the ground and let it do it's thing.

One thing to watch for in the main bathroom is the tailpipe pipe going from the sink to the P-Trap on the main drain pipe under the sinks, mine cracked in the sinks. Not the sink - the plastic flange. When mine was plumbed the fittings where the tailpipes connect to the P-Traps were off about 1/2" which put everything in a bind. Which in turn caused the plastic flanges in the sinks to crack. To fix it I bought new flanges, took the main drain pipe under the sink out and cut 1" out of the middle. This will allowed enough movement in the main pipe to be able to properly align everything. I installed a premade rubber coupling hose with hose clamps at the cut, reinstalled everything, aligned everything and tighten it all. That took care of the problem.

Hope this helps.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #43

TexasRT
You are the second person who posted no leveling issues being done that way. I am looking at Reese 16k with slider rails for mine. How far in does the rv track on a normal two lane road making a turn. In tight parking will it track better to TV when fully extended on the rails or will that make it worse
Tks
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
TexasRT
You are the second person who posted no leveling issues being done that way. I am looking at Reese 16k with slider rails for mine. How far in does the rv track on a normal two lane road making a turn. In tight parking will it track better to TV when fully extended on the rails or will that make it worse
Tks
Rock
Rock
I am no expert, but I think MAYBE people are not extending the jack extensions far enough. My dealer told me he rarely hears of any issues doing it the way I described. ??????

I had the Reese 16K with our other unit and it worked fine for 10yrs and is still in use by a friend. On a two lane road I hug the center line and swing as far out as possible to clear the curb. In tight parking being extended helps because you can cut a lot sharper, mine will not hit on a full 90 degree turn extended. The TT reacts a lot quicker.
Make any sense,
lol?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #45

TexasRT
Makes sense to me. I was just wondering when going slow and maneuvering would the FW track closer to the TV turn with the hitch slide full back. I have a road on my property up in NY that leads to my site next to the river. There is one 45 turn that is close. My 30 ft TT tracked pretty close to the truck and had plenty of room. I was told the furthest back the hitch point the closer it will track with the truck like tow behinds do
Rock
Old 09-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #46

Quote:
TexasRT
Makes sense to me. I was just wondering when going slow and maneuvering would the FW track closer to the TV turn with the hitch slide full back. I have a road on my property up in NY that leads to my site next to the river. There is one 45 turn that is close. My 30 ft TT tracked pretty close to the truck and had plenty of room. I was told the furthest back the hitch point the closer it will track with the truck like tow behinds do
Rock
Sorry for the delay in responding. I understand your question, but honestly I have never really noticed a big difference in the tracking in either position.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #47

TexasRT
Tks for the reply. Once I get my RV I am gonna have to do some turning with measurements to see if I can get to my site. If it gets close I am screwed since the turn is at a hill bottom. I am also gonna find a hill before hand that has plenty of room (on concrete mine is dirt) to make sure I have truck bed to trailer clearsnce when the truck is level at the bottom and the rv is tilted down This will be a learning experience. I trailed a 30 ft boat 10 wide on a triaxle but this is my first fifth wheel
Old 09-13-2015, 07:43 PM   #48

Quote:
TexasRT
Tks for the reply. Once I get my RV I am gonna have to do some turning with measurements to see if I can get to my site. If it gets close I am screwed since the turn is at a hill bottom. I am also gonna find a hill before hand that has plenty of room (on concrete mine is dirt) to make sure I have truck bed to trailer clearsnce when the truck is level at the bottom and the rv is tilted down This will be a learning experience. I trailed a 30 ft boat 10 wide on a triaxle but this is my first fifth wheel
When we got our first FW, I took it to a large parking lot early on a Sunday morning and just drove around and pulling into parking spaces. It really helped, you find out real quick what your limits are, without destroying anything.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #49

Believe me that is my first thing on my list. Not only the practice but to mark and measure the rv track to TV track on radius turns. Might have to get my access road widened. I will have way more questions in the future
Tks
Rock
Old 09-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #50

Hello All,
Still waiting on our 36 FBTS, Ordered July 17th, original completion date was Sept 21 and new estimated completion is now Oct 13th....

Anyone else's build delayed??

Learning lots through everyone here... Thanks TexasRT for starting the thread..
Old 09-29-2015, 05:10 AM   #51

AZ
Wow that is a delay. I ordered mine Aug 31 and got a ship date of Oct 14 two weeks ago
Old 09-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #52

Excellent Rock!
Just a guess, but maybe they group the model builds and we happen to be the unlucky ones...
Anyway, it appears ours will be coming off the line about the same time and a great opportunity for us to share notes...

We will be driving to IN to pickup and then head to Pacific NW via WI after about a week or so of near-by camping to verify all-systems go status...

If you don't mind, Looking forward to sharing notes... Thanks again Rock!
Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #53

AZ
Great. Mine is coming to a Tampa dealer bring home than heading to the panhandle for turkey week. Maybe another week in spring than to my river side property in Keene N Y for two months of summer. Wife and I still work but she is a teacher and off all summer. I have to save vacation and sick leave. Just my luck I get sick for two weeks mid summer lol But in a few more years we will be using it about 4 than six months a year. This is my last big toy. Keep me posted on any updates on your ship date. It is either grouped together or maybe a product line change for something. To me it would seem more like a line change than grouping together. I was told by Jayco when I called about the slide that when u get a ship date ur order is in production and one to two before shipping u get the VIN I am hoping it is a good sign
Rock
Old 09-29-2015, 04:04 PM   #54

AZ & Rock, good luck with your units.
I have seen several times that Jayco does in fact wait until they get a certain number of orders for a particular type of unit before starting production on them. It kind of sucks but also makes sense at the same time.

Keep us updated...
Old 09-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #55

TexasRT
Cool that answers that Better than thinking they found a problem and were correcting the line.
Rock
Old 09-29-2015, 04:41 PM   #56

AZ

I guess mine is getting done a day after yours hope they do not have work fatigue for mine.
Rock
Old 09-29-2015, 04:43 PM   #57

AZ
Kind of funny cause we might have the same issues if hopefully non at all. This might get interesting
Rock
Old 09-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #58

TexasRT,
Appreciate the feedback and will definitely keep everyone up to date ...

Rock,
Yes, this could get interesting, but At least we will have strength in numbers if similar issues arise !!!! Fantastic forum !!! We will be picking ours up a day or two post completion... We will feed you blow by blow PDI results... We plan to be thorough ... Mighty big purchase not to be!!!!

Again, thanks everyone for continued inputs and feedback!!
Old 10-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #59

We have watched and read this thread with great interest. After a long search, the Pinnacle 36 FBTS was the 5th wheel we felt met our needs and wants. This thread helped confirm that decision. We are hopefully, picking our 2015 FBTS up on the 8th. Our's was generator prepped, so we are having a generator installed, upgraded the tires to the Goodyear G614's, added a rear view camera and are having the steps replaced with the aluminum steps like on the 2016's added. It was already equipped with the 2nd A/C, dual pane windows, queen bed, theater seating, fireplace and slide out awnings. Thanks to TexasRT for starting the thread and answering questions and providing information to my PM's. We've had a Jayco Eagle travel trailer for over 10 years and that also influenced our decision.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by okraman View Post
We have watched and read this thread with great interest. After a long search, the Pinnacle 36 FBTS was the 5th wheel we felt met our needs and wants. This thread helped confirm that decision. We are hopefully, picking our 2015 FBTS up on the 8th. Our's was generator prepped, so we are having a generator installed, upgraded the tires to the Goodyear G614's, added a rear view camera and are having the steps replaced with the aluminum steps like on the 2016's added. It was already equipped with the 2nd A/C, dual pane windows, queen bed, theater seating, fireplace and slide out awnings. Thanks to TexasRT for starting the thread and answering questions and providing information to my PM's. We've had a Jayco Eagle travel trailer for over 10 years and that also influenced our decision.
Okraman, Congrats and I'm glad I could help. Sounds like you're getting a very well equipped coach. The FBTS is an awesome unit and we couldn't be happier with ours. Keep us updated.

Remember if you think you're spending to much time on the walk-thru, then spend some.