Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #461

I do fill the tank until the water comes out the overflow. I assume that also acts as an air vent when the tank is filling. I did forget to mention that I also use a pressure regulator when filling the tank as well as when I am on full hook up. Could it slow down the water flow that much? I use the pressure regulator to make sure I don't damage any of the plumbing in the trailer. Does that seem reasonable or am I just too cautious?
R&TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #462

I have a pressure regulator to, actually two. I bought the bigger higher flow one for water and used the old lower flow on black tank line. I also use a water timer shut off valve. At least that way if I forget to turn water off while gone all day and blow an inside hose it will shut off after so long.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:30 PM   #463

You could time how long it takes to fill a bucket, of known gallon volume, with your hose and regulator set up...then do the math to see how long it should take to fill the trailer 70 gallon tank.

I say use 60-65 gallons as your tank value. It overflows before the top and there is quite a bit of water left after leaving the bottom drain open.
It should get you with in 5 mins of the time.
You do seem excessively long, but a slow flow would take longer.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #464

Klassic
Did u get the awning and any other damage repaired. That was not good but now that is a reminder for us all.

Check ur over flow vent hoses. Mine has a tube sticking out the bottom but also a thin black hose. It was pinched off under the bottom covering. I noticed water running out of the bottom cover but the tube sticking out had no water coming out. I thought I had a tank leak. I cut around the hose sticking out so I could look in and found the thin black hose folded over under the bottom material
Rock
Old 11-04-2016, 08:55 PM   #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Klassic
Did u get the awning and any other damage repaired. That was not good but now that is a reminder for us all.

Check ur over flow vent hoses. Mine has a tube sticking out the bottom but also a thin black hose. It was pinched off under the bottom covering. I noticed water running out of the bottom cover but the tube sticking out had no water coming out. I thought I had a tank leak. I cut around the hose sticking out so I could look in and found the thin black hose folded over under the bottom material
Rock
I just took it in on Tuesday.
I made the appointment back in August to give them plenty of time to get all the warranty parts they needed from Jayco. Haha..do you think that happened?
That haven't even looked at it yet. What's the point of an appointment 2.5 months ahead of time?

It's in for the bent floor supports...it's hard to even get the slide in now.
The Longitude awnings are REALLY loud... lighter gas shocks are needed as per Carefree.
My dining slide ceiling is hugely bowed and the sweep seals don't touch the middle of the roof when open (plus they are coming off the wall). The water pools up in the low spot in the middle of the roof at the wall. I'm not thinking this will be an easy fix or if it even gets fixed. I can see the whole fascia board inside bowed down.
And of course it's back in for the poor braking again. The shop manager said he'll change the 7 WAY cord and see if that helps any.

All that ended up broken on the awning, after the tree jumped out into the trailer, was just the black awning end cover. It is seperate from where the awning roller attaches. He put it in as warranty but doesn't think it will get too far. I hope that part is available to be replaced as it is riveted on.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #466

Klassic
I also feel ur pain. I pissed away a bunch of money on my unit. I should of just got a small cabin built on my property in Keene. Could of did it for the same price as my Jayco Junk. AZ,s came off the line just before mine. He has dropped off line or killed him self with all his problems. I will not be killing my self but getting real close to a one on one with the crap at CW Tampa. Do not ever go to Camping World Tampa. They are at the bottom of the food chain. I will never again go to a dealer for warranty work. Here is my words of wisdom. Buy from RVOne for the price than run like helll. Than Take ur unit to a repair shop that does not sell Rv's
Old 11-04-2016, 10:15 PM   #467

It's not so bad when you live up north. I'm done with the 5ver for the next 6 months. I would rather it was back in my driveway but it is safe locked up there.
Knock wood.
I guess you thought yours was safe too before it got hit.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #468

Ok 11 weeks and CW has fixed a kitchen faucet, door knob and water heater burner tube. I am getting my unit next week since I sold my house and will be living in my FW for the next 6-8 months while my new house gets buit. So now I must still live with a fan that will not shut off, big awning that will not close all the way, sleeper couch that has a busted open seam, roof that has four nails coming thru the tpo (they will cover with sealant until roof-can be replaced) axle that is off center, wheel that runs 50 degrees hotter than the rest and bent outrigger. But they did fix a door knob and kitchen faucet in 11 weeks. So now do not even ask me about CW service. Now I do know why people go to places and shoot people. Did I make a scene today at CW in front of all the people and speak loudly and say exactly what was on my mind. Only for the third time in 11 weeks. It seems they are almost trying to see how much they can lye and blow butt smoke until u go postal or should I say Camping.
Rock
Old 11-11-2016, 10:58 AM   #469

Hey Rock- sorry to hear of all the problems with your unit. Did you get my PM? we got to Fl. on the 1st. Give me a shout sometime. Fingerlakes
Old 11-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #470

Fingerlakes
Got and though I did reply. Once settled at Clearwater Rv Resort I will give u a call.
Any problems coming down or since u been here.
Rock
Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #471

This is weird. I posted aways back that the left rear tire hit the bottom edge of the slide on bumpy overpasses on I-95 in Ga. So I had them look at the leaf springs to see if there was a problem. I never looked hard since as soon as we got home an unpacked two weeks later in the shop it went. The rear axle is actually over to the left about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. You can see by looking straight front to back that the back tire sticks out further than the front. Everything on the left side is perfectly straight (all hangers and brackets and springs). On the right side the rear leaf spring hanger outside bracket is bent in but the inside bracket is straight. You can see that the right rear leaf is just slightly bowed. It look like when they welded the brackets to the frame that the outer bracket that the spring bolts to was welded to at an angle. What is weird is that the left side is straight, you would think that the left side would be bent to the left. I told them maybe the axle pad was welded on incorrectly over to the right more than it should of been. The shop says they will say you hit a curb and bent it. I looked at the mech and said the only way you can bend a bracket in is to take a direct side hit or be t boned. And why would only the outside one be bent in and the inside one straight. And than told him to look at the tires not a mark on any of them. If you hit a curb it will twist or offset an axle but not move the entire axle over to the left. So now to wait for what the verdict is for that. I put 2500 miles towing after I noticed that the tire hit the slide and all four tires are wearing perfectly. Just a rub in the outer side wall of the one that hit the
slide.
Rock
Old 11-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #472

Just some leveling system info for you.
My (GC 2.0) 6 point system was working great. I put my unit in storage for a few months and when I tried auto leveling my system after bringing it out of storage it would not ground the rear jacks automatically and the stabilizers would not ground either. I was able to level the unit in manual mode, but the stabilizers would still not ground themselves. After talking with Lippert, they decided the Rear Leveling Sensor had gone bad. They would not send me the part under warranty, but my dealer did send me a replacement and that did fix the issue. Seems odd that it went bad while setting in storage. If you are having the same issues try replacing that sensor. Just remember to reset the zero level calibration setting after replacing any parts in the system before attempting to use the auto level feature. Hope this helps someone.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #473

Hey Rock,
We had a good trip down and so far--- no problems.(knock,knock,knock on wood). give us a call when you are settled and maybe we can meet half way for lunch and some beers!
Fingerlakes
Old 11-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #474

Sounds like a plan