Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #121

TexasRT
I got the build sheet and I ordered the 12 cubic ft gas fridge for dry camping as an option. Norcold now has an 18 and Jayco has updated the option sheet for commercial or 18 gas last week. So mine might have the 18 since the 12 is no longer listed. Like others have said furnishing change when factory updates. Mine was right on the change date an the Jayco rep said it could be either. My better half wants the 12 since they extend the counter top and add a cabinet below it. Two people a 12 is fine. My TT had the eight and that was close .
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #122

I also several weeks after my order put in changes for the g rated tires and camera GPS system. Hopefully the dealer did his part and it will come with that. I added that stuff after what u all posted about tires and Grumpy told me about the camera system. I wish I would of know the factory could of also added washer dryer like Beth an Kevin had done
Rock
Old 10-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #123

Got it, hope it shows up just like y'all want it.
We had the small standard size fridge in our old unit and having the residential is awesome for space. We never plan on dry camping so we were not concerned about not having the LP option. Hope you get it soon.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #124

TexasRT
Ya we cannot wait either. I am hoping late next week. Than I can have a few weeks to go over everything before our first trip. I spent a lot of time and downloaded Manuels of every system and than time knowing how it all worked on my TT before my two months of dry camp in no where land in the mountains. And yes like most RV's had several problems and had to order parts overnight to local post office to keep the essentials running. Boats, RV's, motorcycles or airplanes if you do not have at least basic trouble shooting and repair skills u either bend over or are rich!!! Lol
Old 10-23-2015, 07:28 PM   #125

I don't know about airplanes, but I can vouche for the others. lol
Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #126

We got back from our 2nd trip. We've had the FBTS for 2 weeks and have spent 8 nights in it so far. Most went well, except for a few operator error type things. One problem seems to be the fridge is not staying as cold as it should while we are towing. Am I missing something about the operation of the Samsung? Among the really nice aspects, last Friday night had plenty of seating and space in the 5th wheel when we had 5 guest for the evening. Normally, would have been outside and had a fire, but it was cold and couldn't have a fire because of a burn ban (getting plenty of rain today, 20 counties have even lifted the burn bans according to the news this evening). Our TV, the B&W Campanion hitch and the FBTS make a nice combo. Very pleased with the way it tows.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:47 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by okraman View Post
We got back from our 2nd trip. We've had the FBTS for 2 weeks and have spent 8 nights in it so far. Most went well, except for a few operator error type things. One problem seems to be the fridge is not staying as cold as it should while we are towing. Am I missing something about the operation of the Samsung? Among the really nice aspects, last Friday night had plenty of seating and space in the 5th wheel when we had 5 guest for the evening. Normally, would have been outside and had a fire, but it was cold and couldn't have a fire because of a burn ban (getting plenty of rain today, 20 counties have even lifted the burn bans according to the news this evening). Our TV, the B&W Campanion hitch and the FBTS make a nice combo. Very pleased with the way it tows.
Are you running the inverter while in tow, I assume you know the inverter has to be on to power the fridge when not hooked up to shore power.
Some people just leave the fridge off and claim it stays plenty cool while on the road, I would not use this method but some claim it works.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:45 AM   #128

Hello All,

Great Info TexasRT, I'm sure glad the dealer pointed out the inverter needed to be turned on to work, but it's been working perfectly since then, refrig and freezing maintain perfect temps so far..

Its been one week and day in our new FBTS and we livin, learnin, and lovin it!!! In just over a week, we have been in 7 different location and travelled just 1,592 miles so far...

Rock, now with only 10 psi in airbags, truck settles about 2" with the weight of the FBTS. With 30-40 psi, the truck didn't drop/settle at all. Since dropping PSI, all is grand!

Also, reference the 'Backup' Camera... I love it! but it is just a camera and it stays on all the time. I mount the monitor right below the review mirror (I can send pix to your email if you like), but I do Turn down/off the sound... no need to hear the traffic behind me, just see it, but the sound does work good... haa... I keep the camera on all the time while driving letting me know when vehicles are coming up behind me.... It's also very good let you know when to safely change lanes because your able to see the car behind you. You do occasionally lose the signal but it comes back and I've never lost it for more than 30 seconds or so..
I know it'll be great when having to BACK UP but I will get my FIRST chance to do that this evening in Bozeman MT.. this shall be fun haaa
Old 10-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #129

AZ
Sounds like u guys are having a great trip so far. That is weird about the camera. I added it after talking with Grumpy and the dealer called Jayco and was told it is a camera with Garmin GPS system like Grumpies. Was yours factory or dealer supplied since they are all pre-wired? Are u still having leveling problems? I was replied to that the jacks do not have drop down extensions on 2016 models except for landing gear. If that is true have u tried some 2X4's under to limit jack extensions? Thanks for the update on truck with 10 psi. With my TT we would spend two overnights on the 1500 mile trip but will not push that with the FW. Nice picture!!!
Rock
Old 10-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #130

Since this a great information sharing forum, I'd like to get everyones opinion of the following:

I am not a fan of the Onan Generator muffler configuration... It's very low and we almost dragged it coming out of our site in SD (Three Forks Campground). PM me your email if you'd like to see Pix, I still cant post pics due to being a junior member of this forum.. This Muffler is on the Low side.. See below for concern...

I also have a concern about weight distribution...

On the left (driver side) of we have the following:
- Residential Fridge: We LOVE it, it's full of food n beverages and must be HEAVY
- King Bed, but this weight is fairly distributed
- Washer and Dryer: Rock, I do not believe the factory will install, you must install after delivery either by your dealer or otherwise. We had the dealer install the stackable splendid, vented ... Works GREAT, but again at least the washer must be HEAVY
- 6 Batteries: we had the dealer install 4 additional batteries, maxing out battery compartment. My original thought was the extra batteries would help run the heat pump, through inverter, BUT the heat pump will only work with generator or shore power! Anyway, the 6 batteries are also very HEAVY and on driver side.

After thinking about this and on what I believed was fairly level area, I measured bed rail to RV space on both driver and passenger side... driver side = 5" and Passenger = 7"... it's difficult to see by just looking but there is 2" difference... I can also see more wear on the left (driver) side of the 5th wheel hitch plate..

The 5vr pulls great, corners great etc, but there is concern about weight distribution and the 2" difference... The only thing of any weight on the passenger side is the Generator and maybe the theater seating... I even try to put my heavier items kept in the basement on the passenger side...

Should I be concerned about this difference ???
Old 10-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #131

Hello Again,

An update on Electric heat.... This morning it was 39, with thermostat set to 65, in electric heat mode and it was NOT keeping up, temperature inside dropped to 63 and the gas heat did not take over... I switched to gas heat and it quickly heated up...

I will continue to ensure it was not operator error and keep everyone updated.... maybe I should read manual too... ha
Old 10-24-2015, 09:57 AM   #132

TexasRT,

Thanks, for the info. I was not turning the inverter on. I guess I assumed it kicked in automatically. He discussed the inverter and showed us the control panel for it, during the PDI, guess I wasn't tuned in enough on that item.

Carl
Old 10-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #133

AZ
That two inches has to be batteries and washer dryer. I never considered the weight issue of batteries and washer drier. Good thing the generator off sets some. I wonder if the two inch lean has anything to do with your leveling problem. U might want to place a 2x6 under all the right side jacks and see what happens before u unhook. Please e mail a picture of the gen pipe. I have a hill to go down on my property and was already concerned about the four jacks. Got my vin and dealer said might of shipped Friday. Thanks for all the posts and your updates
Rock

Grumpy
Please reply about the FW camera, did they change something?
Old 10-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Hello Again,

An update on Electric heat.... This morning it was 39, with thermostat set to 65, in electric heat mode and it was NOT keeping up, temperature inside dropped to 63 and the gas heat did not take over... I switched to gas heat and it quickly heated up...

I will continue to ensure it was not operator error and keep everyone updated.... maybe I should read manual too... ha
Thanks for the up date on the heater. Not familiar with it enough to make a guess on why it didn't work right.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:46 PM   #135

Heat pumps aren't able to function properly or very efficient when the temperature starts getting below around 45 degrees. We used ours last week and the week before, but had to switch to gas on two different nights.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:51 PM   #136

No issues, no problems. Just seeing how everyone is doing.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #137

Doing good my FBTS is to arrive in Tampa tomorrow. Hopefully get it Sat or next week some time.
Rock
Old 10-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #138

TexasRT,
Hope all is faired well considering all your recent precipitation in TX !!

Our now 8 day shakedown, 2100+ miles, setups continues with no major issues other than operator error and/or ignorance ... We are loving our very sound FBTS and could not be happier with its craftsmanship !!

A few things we've learned, some of which have already been identified ...
- bungy the kitchen sink to prevent turn on during travel
- if turning On exterior Lights with remote, you must turn off with remote... Switches in panel will NOT turn off if turned on with remote...
- below 45 , electric heat no beuno!!!! Use gas
- if you're on a known sloped site, block up low side tires (to narrow difference) and auto level works like a champ every time , to include returning rig to hitch height if following directions on inside of propane door.
- we did get the rig weighed and its within truck axle/weight ratings and its been pulling great since I went down to only 5-10 lbs in bags... If interested in actual #s PM me. And I'll send you the specifics... We are now avg between 9-10 mpg and we are going through many mtn passes ... Traveled from IN to Portland OR via WI, MN, SD, MT, ID, WA and now OR...

Each night our FBTS has given us serenity, comfort and calm for an exceptional night sleep and we've (actually my better half :-) )made some pretty amazing meals with a well stocked frig, freezer and pantry....

Inverter on frig / freezer and ice maker work fantastically ... Freezer set to -5....

Bottom line, so far we could not be happier with our choice of JAYCO and the FBTS floorplan ... Gotta have that second seat !!!!
Old 10-29-2015, 03:07 AM   #139

AZ, that is great news! A lot of good info given here.

We have our unit here at the house and getting her all cleaned up and ready for the winter slumber. As I was up on the roof yesterday, giving it a wash down, I noticed the self-leveling caulk on the rear cap transition had some small voids. So, going back up this morning to take a couple pictures and contact customer service. Otherwise, ours is treating us pretty well, too.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Doing good my FBTS is to arrive in Tampa tomorrow. Hopefully get it Sat or next week some time.
Rock
Good news Rock, the wait is almost over.