Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #141

AZ
We're good, we got steady rain for a couple of days but nothing compared to other areas.

Man your trip sounds awesome, makes me want to take a road trip. Sounds like the coach is doing good for you.

* If you read thru all the threads on the FBTS almost the first thing everyone says is bungy the kitchen faucet. Maybe they should put that in the manual, LOL.
* You mentioned the heat pump not keeping up below 45*. If you're running the heat pump, does to the gas heat automatically come on when the heat pump can't maintain the set point or do you have to manually turn the gas heat on? Our dealer told us the gas would come on automatically. We had a cool morning recently so I turned the heat pump on just for grins and the gas heat came on also, after a few minutes the gas went off and the heat pump kept running until the set point was met. I raised the set point a little and then the heat pump only came on. It was only about 55* when I did this. I only turned them on to "exercise" them while it wasn't hot out. I also ran the F/P heater too.
* Good info on the leveling system also, and it makes sense. Being an electric system, the motors can only handle a certain amount of torque. I think some people expect the system to level the coach in any case and that just isn't going to happen.
* If you're getting 9-10 mpg in the mountains, I wouldn't think that's too.
* Can you please PM me the weight specs

Thanks for the updates, enjoy and be safe.
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
AZ, that is great news! A lot of good info given here.

We have our unit here at the house and getting her all cleaned up and ready for the winter slumber. As I was up on the roof yesterday, giving it a wash down, I noticed the self-leveling caulk on the rear cap transition had some small voids. So, going back up this morning to take a couple pictures and contact customer service. Otherwise, ours is treating us pretty well, too.
dalengail
Glad to hear things are going good with your coach.
While we were doing our initial walk-thru I got on the roof and noticed the same think on ours regarding the voids in the caulking at the transition for the rear cap and roof. The tech at the dealer just applied more caulking to the areas and everything has been good sense then. It would be an easy fix, unless you just want to take it in and have the dealer to handle it.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:36 AM   #143

You're right, TexasRT. It is an easy fix. However, I did get on the roof this morning and took a couple pictures, called Jayco customer service and, email them in. They have the ability to store those pictures to the document file for our unit. That way, the issue is documented for any future reference. Which, I never hope happens.

Waiting on a call or email from them as to what they want me to do next. I think I know but, I want their approval first.

Unit is going into storage tomorrow and I want this corrected by then. I have the fortunate ability to have it to RV Connection or the factory within one half hour!
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalengail View Post
You're right, TexasRT. It is an easy fix. However, I did get on the roof this morning and took a couple pictures, called Jayco customer service and, email them in. They have the ability to store those pictures to the document file for our unit. That way, the issue is documented for any future reference. Which, I never hope happens.

Waiting on a call or email from them as to what they want me to do next. I think I know but, I want their approval first.

Unit is going into storage tomorrow and I want this corrected by then. I have the fortunate ability to have it to RV Connection or the factory within one half hour!
Yes that is fortunate to be that close to the factory and it is a good idea to have it documented.
Old 11-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #145

Picked our FBTS up on October 8th. If I've counted correctly, we have spent 12 nights in it so far. No major problems to note. Having trouble with the satellite connection in the living area. Did not have a problem when I change the satellite connect and receiver to the bedroom TV. Haven't been able to get the ice maker to work. The Denver Matteress is not good, will replace soon. Uncomfortable on both sides of the bed. So far very pleased with our selection.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #146

okraman,

If I understand all the steps correctly to get the ice maker to work, make sure the drain valve below that slide is closed. Then, open the 2 valves inside the unit. They are located at floor level under the galley sink inside the cabinet door on the left. The other one is located behind the drawer under the range back next to the slide room exterior wall. Lastly, the switch for the ice maker will need to be turned on inside the doors of the refer.

As I said, this could be wrong and perhaps someone else will come along and straighten this out.

As far as the mattress, we never used the one in our unit. We swapped because, we had a custom mattress made to spec for our SOB we traded. It fit in the new Pinnacle perfectly. It is a heavy sucker but, is a double pillow top. And wife and I sleep on it better than what we have at the S&B!

Hmmm?!?! Perhaps that should be telling us something.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by okraman View Post
Picked our FBTS up on October 8th. If I've counted correctly, we have spent 12 nights in it so far. No major problems to note. Having trouble with the satellite connection in the living area. Did not have a problem when I change the satellite connect and receiver to the bedroom TV. Haven't been able to get the ice maker to work. The Denver Matteress is not good, will replace soon. Uncomfortable on both sides of the bed. So far very pleased with our selection.
Did you remove the coaxial jumper from the system before attempting to hook up your satellite? Just curious, which sat provider do you have?
Old 11-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #148

Hello All,

It's now been over two weeks, actually 18 days, and our shakedown continues...

Okraman,
Our ice maker didnt start until I turned on all the valves as DalenGale stated, pushed in the filter to engage and then ran water through the frig door for at least 6-8 minutes until all the air was out of the lines, for whatever reason, there was A LOT... Now it works like a champ...

We will have to concur about the "Denver Sleep System" not really meeting expectations. We are avg sized people and after about 9-10 nights we had developed body caves making each night less comfortable. We did still get good sleep but it was noticeably degrading. As the result, we rotated the mattress on about night 9 or 10 and the body caves are already back!!! Our thought was to get a sleep number, but we may just purchase another NOVAFORM gel foam from COSTCO, It's what we us at home and is the most comfortable mattress we've ever had... Plus it's $700 vs $1500 for the sleep number... A few concerns are the size and weight 76x80x14 and 130lb NOVAFORM vs the light 72x80x8 Denver.. Getting into the under bed storage would be slightly challenging for the Mrs and I would have to raise the side shelves a bit to have clearance to make the bed...Also a much tighter squeeze along the sides... all the more fun right haaaa.

We are still thoroughly enjoying our FBTS... We spent the weekend in Portland where it POURED... TORRENTIAL RAIN all weekend and we stay warm and dry... ha also found out the oven fits a large Papa Murphy's pizza PERFECTLY!! :-)...

Only wish there was a way to keep the 5vr clean...Still looking for the auto wash-n-wax button!!!!

Rock, Did you get your unit yet???
Old 11-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #149

AZ
I posted in Jayco chat see PDI. Long store short it is here and we did three hour pre demo inspection and will pick it up 14 Nov. What we could do all looked great now for the longest two weeks. Generator exhaust is way low probably done to keep pipe heat away from the bottom. I can see a mod for that. I will update u tomorrow. The 12 cube fridge is bigger than I thought. The wife likes the queen bed with nice shelfs and cabinets under. It is closer than the king at home but if she snores to loud or to close just have to make her sleep on the fold out. Lol
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #150

Gee Rock that's why I got the king!
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #151

Klassic
We both might be sleeping on the couch!!!!! Makes it easier for her to make the bed!! Better stop before I am cut off. But than again she cannot cut me off since she does not where I am getting it from. Now I am in trouble. Lol

Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:27 AM   #152

Thanks to all for the info on the fridge ice maker and satellite. I'll work on them after while and advise. We are camped in a location without wifi. I'll check in after I try getting things hooked up and working. Mattress has priority today.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #153

Az and daleandgale, I found the valves, outside drain closed, insides turned on. Ice maker turned on, still nothing. My fridge is the French Door model in the 2015. No water dispenser. Also, where is the filter?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #154

okraman, sorry I do not kn I will where that filter is. Our refer is the Samsung with double doors and freezer drawer below. I would have to look in the manual to find it's location. But, the unit is 30 miles away in storage.

Guess I'm still learning, too. Again, perhaps someone else will be along to fill us in.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #155

I have the same fridge, unless they changed something there is no water filter on the fridge. The coach has a main water filter on it.

okraman, have you tried the test button on the ice maker to see if it will cycle
Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #156

I can't help with the Samsung model, but with the inside valves turned on does water come out the outside valve when you turn it on?
Old 11-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #157

My apology Okraman,
Our 2016 Samsung has a filter in the upper right corner of refrigerator ... Had to be pressed in to activate ... Didn't realize the 15 to 16 were so different ....
Old 11-03-2015, 08:24 PM   #158

Our 2015 FBTS has the Samsung French Door refer. We have not gotten the ice maker to work. Turned on both valves, and ice maker is on. The lever in the ice maker is always in the up and off position. We cannot get it to move. Its been to the dealer 2-3 times and they insist it should work, but it doesn't. They can' t get the lever to move either.
We just decided to buy bag ice for $2 which lasts us for a few weeks. We rationalized that it would eliminate the possibility of a flood, which we have had happen at our home with an ice maker.
So, no more warranty requests on the refer, just buying cheap ice and peace of mind!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #159

Bethcb....?????
I wouldn't even hesitate to force them to put in a new fridge under warranty after the first time I brought it back. Let alone go back 2 more times.
Your rig came with a warranty.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #160

Ok All,
Maybe Ill get this right, now that I'm actually looking at it. our 2016 Refrigerator is a Frigidaire Gallery... Not a samsung... and it has water and ice in the door, side by side frig/freezer... the only real issue was clearing all the air from the lines... Seemed to take forever! but since has worked like a champ....

BTW... Changed out the bed tonight... this could be a really good thing.....