Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #161

When I looked at my unit this weekend I was happy the 12 cubic Norcold did not have ice maker which is an option. When I hook up to city water I carry a timer valve that I put in line. I set it for 20 min of water run time. Had several small water leaks in my TT after long rough road tows. I did the same on my boat so while gone for the day it would not sink if I blew a hose. Figure on trailer if something broke loose it would only leak so much before shutting off usuall just turn it off in evenings when there
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:32 AM   #162

Finally getting back to the "Land Yacht" this week after a two week lull. Looking forward to being there and enjoying it again. Have a couple of small projects to do. The thermostat in the bedroom reads off a few degrees for the room temp so my dealer sent me a replacement and I will get that changed out. Possible rain off and on until Saturday morning, so after that she gets a bath.

YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK THIS - I noticed the last time we were there that the crimped connections for all the leads in the battery compartment seemed loose. The wires are crimped in the eyelets but if I move the wires they actually move some in the crimp. Loose connections on any wiring are not good, so I will re-crimp all the connections. No biggy. Just thought I would throw that out there...

Everyone have fun at whatever you're doing and be safe...
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #163
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK THIS - I noticed the last time we were there that the crimped connections for all the leads in the battery compartment seemed loose. The wires are crimped in the eyelets but if I move the wires they actually move some in the crimp. Loose connections on any wiring are not good, so I will re-crimp all the connections. No biggy. Just thought I would throw that out there...

That's a shame but noticing and correcting it may save you some hard to find problems in the future!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
That's a shame but noticing and correcting it may save you some hard to find problems in the future!
Very true, a little checking and maintenance goes a long way in the RV world.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #165

Update on our FBTS. Replaced the Denver torturemess with a Simmons Beautyrest. We both had a goodnights sleep. Ice maker is working now. Tried all suggestions and it still was not working. So, I turned it off at the controls in the fridge, the light showing the glass with what I assumed was ice went out. An hour or so later we sat down to watch the news, and we hear the ice maker dump. I told DW, I thought I turned it off. Got up and checked and what I assume is the off mode was still off. It continued to make ice during the evening and night. LOL. Going home for the day and Bible Study tonight, will come back to the 5'ver tonight. Have grandparent duty the next 2 days. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Will work on the satellite connect tomorrow.
16 ft.Nova Craft Prospector Canoe
2 12’ Old Town Loon angler kayaks
okraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #166
PJ2

We ordered our 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS in November of 2014 and took delivery April 17, 2015. Have a Seasonal site that we love and took a trip to the Adirondacks in August with our children and GradChildren. All went very well, could run the refrigerator about 11 hours before running the generator to re charge the batteries. Have had a few minor fix-its, but nothing major. We love the layout and have had many comments from fellow campers.
PJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ2 View Post
We ordered our 2015 Pinnacle 36FBTS in November of 2014 and took delivery April 17, 2015. Have a Seasonal site that we love and took a trip to the Adirondacks in August with our children and GradChildren. All went very well, could run the refrigerator about 11 hours before running the generator to re charge the batteries. Have had a few minor fix-its, but nothing major. We love the layout and have had many comments from fellow campers.
Thanks for checking in PJ2, and glad to hear you're having a good experience with and enjoying the FBTS. It is an awesome coach for sure.
Any questions or tips for others are welcome.

Enjoy
Old 11-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #168

PJ2
Where did u stay in the Adirondacks? I have property in Keene on the east ausable and stayed two months the last two years in our TT. Will be doing now in our FBTS from Fl this summer
Rock
Old 11-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #169
PJ2

We camped at Limekiln Lake State Park. It is one of our favorites and I have camped there since the opening of the Park in 1966. Limekiln lake is beautiful! Swimming and Kayaking is great relaxation.
PJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #170

Update, got the satellite hooked up. Did the same thing I had done previously, however, discovered I had a bad coax cable. Granddaughter was here last night. She wanted to watch a DVD in the bedroom. TV in bedroom is a Saikyo w/DVD. Never could figure it out. Guess that will be the project for today.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:20 AM   #171

Solved DVD activation.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #172

Great News Okraman,
I didn't even realize our bedroom TV had a DVD... What was the trick to DVD Activation?

Also to all..
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding the operation of the thermostat, but when I slide the Fan Switch from 'Auto' to 'On' to help circulate air/heat, the fan does NOT come one... it appears the fan only operates when needed to meet temperature demand...

Is this normal or do I have a problem??? If I can't just run the fan, what's the purpose of the switch... anyone else experience this issue??

We have been in OR and WA the past week and half and it cold and rainy, it would be nice to keep the air circulating ... As an alternative, we are using the ceiling fan but this only helps in the living area... It would be nice to continue to circulate air throughout RV via vents considering we cant really open the roof vent/fans due to rain and high wind...

Appreciate any advise or shared experiences..
Old 11-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Great News Okraman,
I didn't even realize our bedroom TV had a DVD... What was the trick to DVD Activation?

Also to all..
Not sure if I'm misunderstanding the operation of the thermostat, but when I slide the Fan Switch from 'Auto' to 'On' to help circulate air/heat, the fan does NOT come one... it appears the fan only operates when needed to meet temperature demand...

Is this normal or do I have a problem??? If I can't just run the fan, what's the purpose of the switch... anyone else experience this issue??

We have been in OR and WA the past week and half and it cold and rainy, it would be nice to keep the air circulating ... As an alternative, we are using the ceiling fan but this only helps in the living area... It would be nice to continue to circulate air throughout RV via vents considering we cant really open the roof vent/fans due to rain and high wind...

Appreciate any advise or shared experiences..
AZ - I just checked mine.
Thermostat in the OFF position, switched the fan mode to ON and the fan did come on.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:17 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRT View Post
AZ - I just checked mine.
Thermostat in the OFF position, switched the fan mode to ON and the fan did come on.
X2
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #175

AZ.
Turn thermostat on but set temp either high or low to keep heat pump or a/c from coming on and than set fan to on. Just like my house or TT if setting is off the fan will not come on
Rock
Old 11-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #176

While waiting for my FBTS to be ready next Sat went diving today. Got two big hogs and four nice mango snapper. Nov in Fl and 88 today. Big RV show is at Tampa Fairgrounds this weekend and just my luck is what pushed back my dealer prep and demo.

AZ. Did u get the auto level figured out? Let us know
Rock
Old 11-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
AZ.
Turn thermostat on but set temp either high or low to keep heat pump or a/c from coming on and than set fan to on. Just like my house or TT if setting is off the fan will not come on
Rock
See my previous post above. My fan does come on while the thermostat is in the OFF position. The fan control should be separate from the heat/cool selections. Both my A/C's work the same way.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #178

AZ,

Pull the pull chain hanging under the TV and pull the TV out. The DVD player is on the backside on the right of the TV. Take the remote and select SOURCE. Once the drop down menu in SOURCE appears select DVD. Take a DVD and put in the DVD player. Mine does not take the DVD all the way in to play until I push the PLAY/PAUSE button (>||).

Also, in case they didn't tell you owners of the 2015 FBTS, the bedroom TV can be removed and relocated to the basement for outside watching.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:28 AM   #179

Good morning, Everyone! We are aware of the bedroom TV mount in the basement. However, we bought a TV for the last 5er we had and just moved it to this unit. One of my projects is to get another mount to use. That way, we're not moving the bedroom TV back and forth. Guess I'm lazy and, don't like to risk damaging anything.
dalengail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #180

AZ
Miss understood ur post. I will definitely check that during my demo and look at the bedroom DVR. Do both ur controllers do that?
Rock