Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #1

Recommended TV for Bedroom in 2010 Eagle Super Lite 28.5BHS

Can anyone recommend a flat panel TV and wall bracket for the bedroom TV? Our 2010 Eagle Super Lite 28.5BHS has a sticker on the wall showing where to install a wall mounted TV. I was hoping that someone already did the research and could make a recommendation.

Thanks,
Jane
Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #2

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum JanePatM! We have yet to add a tv back there in the tt bedroom, but have Vizio's at home and love them
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #3

I saw a post by a Jensen rep on another board saying their RV televisions are made more robust than home units to be able to withstand the vibration, bumps, etc. when moving. Makes sense but at the same time, I haven't read anywhere (yet) where a home unit shook apart.

I personally feel the mount is more critical, especially if the television extends from the wall. The mount needs to be capable of locking in a stowed position. Those mounts are a bit hard to find and are a wee bit on the expensive side. Some campers report they use conventional mounts and just strap the TV to the wall when moving. Others take the TV off the mount and stow it in a safe place.

I have a Vizio at home and have only one complaint; I sometimes have to adjust lip sync when changing channels. It's an older model so that may have been corrected with the newer ones.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #4

I am in the same boat, I just bought an 321rlts 5th wheeler. The tv goes in a cabinet door. They told me the exact size is 22 in. what is the best one to buy.
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #5

I have the 330rlts and my bedroom TV also mounts on the cabinet door. I bought a Samsung 22in LED TV because it has a brighter and sharper picture than the LCD TV, it was also on sale, but it does have a great picture. It also only weights about 10 pounds, maybe about 2in wide, very slim and compact. I used the bracket that came with my camper, but I installed a tilt backet on top of that one so you can point the TV down when lieing in bed.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

Yddad45:

Thanks for the recommendation. I too decided to get an LED TV because of the brighter and sharper picture as you mentioned. But, I had to get an 19" TV to fit into the space. So, I purchased the Best Buy's brand - Insignia Model NS-19E720A12. The TV weighs 5.95 lbs and is only 1.72" thick. Here is the link:
http://insigniaproducts.com/products...19E720A12.html

I also had to purchase a VESA 100 x 100 mm standard wall mount. My trailer did not come with a bracket. I wanted to get something light weight with full motion that sits as close to the wall as possible when folded up. I found a wall mount that weighs 3 lbs., retracts to 1.6", and extends to 14" from the wall. It was exactly what I needed! Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ID7QNI.

I am also going to install a corner shelf for my DirecTV receiver. I found the following shelf on Amazon. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Conne...6549060&sr=8-2.

I am very excited to get this installed! Thanks for the help!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthibodaux View Post
I am in the same boat, I just bought an 321rlts 5th wheeler. The tv goes in a cabinet door. They told me the exact size is 22 in. what is the best one to buy.
The 22 inch RCA without the DVD player fits the bracket perfectly.
johnnyt112 is offline   Reply With Quote