Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2021, 05:23 AM   #1

Reese Goose Box?

I am thinking of converting to the Reese Goose Box. I currently have a Trailer Saver and it has done what it advertised in smoothing out the ride. But I am finding I need my pickup bed more and more, and the TS is a beast to remove. What I am curious about is if the Reese Goose Box delivers a smooth ride like the TS does? Anyone with experience with both want to chime in? TIY.
Old 09-26-2021, 05:51 AM   #2

I have no personal experience, however I can mention the youtuber BigTruckBigRV absolutely loves it and has posted many videos about it. Here is one from last week: https://youtu.be/oiBMbPZ1nK8
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:10 AM   #3

This is a repeat from what I posted before but we've had 6 fifth wheels thru the years, way too many trucks of all kinds and several brands of conventional hitches. The Goose Box on our Pinnacle combined with my long bed, single rear wheel F350 gives us the smoothest ride we have ever had with any combo. After a year and a half of putting about 8K miles on the Pinnacle we still talk about how much better the ride is when compared to our previous rigs. Taking a 5 pound ball out to get my bed back is really nice, and quick.

We had a Trailer Saver BD3 with our previous fifth wheel and truck, an Excel and an F350 dually. It rode fairly well but wasn't as good as what we have now.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:20 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
I have no personal experience, however I can mention the youtuber BigTruckBigRV absolutely loves it and has posted many videos about it. Here is one from last week: https://youtu.be/oiBMbPZ1nK8
Thanks. I've watched his and several others.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
This is a repeat from what I posted before but we've had 6 fifth wheels thru the years, way too many trucks of all kinds and several brands of conventional hitches. The Goose Box on our Pinnacle combined with my long bed, single rear wheel F350 gives us the smoothest ride we have ever had with any combo. After a year and a half of putting about 8K miles on the Pinnacle we still talk about how much better the ride is when compared to our previous rigs. Taking a 5 pound ball out to get my bed back is really nice, and quick.

We had a Trailer Saver BD3 with our previous fifth wheel and truck, an Excel and an F350 dually. It rode fairly well but wasn't as good as what we have now.
Great endorsement. I appreciate your first hand experience. I love the air ride the Trailer Saver gives, but it is just way to heavy to remove. Don't tell the wife, but I think your reply just cost me $1500 to buy the Goose Box.
Old 09-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #6

I converted to the Reese Goosebox from a Demco Autoslide last July and wished i started off with the Reese. The main reason i did the switch was due to difficulties hitching on slopes (Lake Shore Camping) with the Demco, which is no longer an issue with the Reese. Towing is also a lot smother and relaxing. Also, my turning radius is a non-issue with my SB Ram. I can get close to 90 degrees which is more than enough for me... I 100% endorse the Reese. If you get one, i found that Amazon had the best price and my shipping experience was on schedule with no damage.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote