Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2020, 04:56 PM   #1

Refrigerator water pump Eagle 2020 319MLOK

Hello, Hello,
Camping this weekend, I am ready for nice nap after playing all day long and suddenly my refrigerator water pump started burping. I got up and poor a glass of water out of my refrigerator water dispenser. Perfect, pump in on (making its regular noise), water in coming out perfect. I stopped, and a few seconds later, pump started doing the same noise (burping). I checked the 5 gl water bottle under the sink and it had plenty of water. Checked for any water leak under the sink and nothing. Check ice maker and nothing.
I ended turning the pump off.
Any ideas?
Hman0109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:58 AM   #2

Make sure the tube is underwater in the bottle as the sanity check first. My tube decided to snorkel up halfway through the bottle and was sucking air. The pump will safety shut itself off if it is sucking air, not water, and you have to turn it off/on to reset it.

Next, check that the t connections coming off the pump itself are good and tight.
Pamtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:13 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I did and the tube were in the water. Connections are tight too.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #4

Weird. I know that my pump has to repressurize after dispensing water, whether that is the sink dispenser, the fridge or even when the ice maker cycles. It normally runs only while dispensing, and doesn't continue for more than a second after the flow stops. If it runs for more than a few seconds without anyone activating water dispensing. The only time is has behaved any differently is when it was sucking air, when it ends up turning itself off after maybe 30 seconds of grinding and then flashes the power light until it gets power cycled.
Pamtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Exactly! Weird. I am ready to check the white line/hoses to see if there is a small crack or something.